closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Omega discount?

Omega discount?

Looking to buy an Omega Seamaster, local Goldsmiths have plenty in stock c£5k.

Bought a couple of watches from them over the years, never an Omega though.

Anyone had success in negotiating a discount with Goldsmiths against a fairly common Omega model?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Never attempted at an AD but lots on the grey market when I bought one, though this was a while back.

I asked in Goldsmiths in Liverpool earlier this year against the Speedmaster Moonphase (footprint) with a list of £9.9k and the sales guy said if I bought there and then and paid by debit card he could do it for £8.5k.

Definitely worth asking.

Craftsman
    I bought a new AT at Southampton Goldsmiths in August and a discount wasn’t an option

I think the days of 20% discounts on omega might just be over?

Champagne James, member here, sourced an SMP for me with a hefty discount on the rrp.

Might be worth a message to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike2500 View Post
    I bought a new AT at Southampton Goldsmiths in August and a discount wasn’t an option

Yeah that’s the impression I got!

Master
    I understand WoS don’t do discounts anymore, they consider ‘gestures’.

This is like not being on the wait list but on the wish list.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by IVK View Post
    Champagne James, member here, sourced an SMP for me with a hefty discount on the rrp.

Might be worth a message to him.

Me too, James Henry watches, good guy.

Craftsman
    Some of the ADs do 0% finance I think. Might be a way to make it manageable especially with prices of everything shooting up.

Not Goldsmiths or a WOS but on a quiet Monday afternoon, shortly before the recent price increase I managed 12% on a 39.5 PO.

Very smart independent, cracking staff and a pleasure to do a deal with. No chance whatsoever of a discount on anything that wasn't currently sat in their stockroom though

Quote Originally Posted by LondonNeil View Post
    Me too, James Henry watches, good guy.
    And me, Omega 300 m, buy with confidence.
    Jon

Master
    After restricting the supply of parts to independents as a means of protecting the brand, I am really surprised that Omega allow discounts as it seems totally counter productive.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick P View Post
    After restricting the supply of parts to independents as a means of protecting the brand, I am really surprised that Omega allow discounts as it seems totally counter productive.
    Surely an AD will be working to targets and if business is slow they may be prepared to cut prices a little on certain models in order to achieve a sale. As I posted earlier I was offered a decent discount, but it was linked to buy here and now and pay by debit card, no credit cards or finance deals etc.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Surely an AD will be working to targets and if business is slow they may be prepared to cut prices a little on certain models in order to achieve a sale. As I posted earlier I was offered a decent discount, but it was linked to buy here and now and pay by debit card, no credit cards or finance deals etc.
    If a Rolex dealer is known to discount for any reason, he won't be a Rolex dealer for much longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick P View Post
    If a Rolex dealer is known to discount for any reason, he won't be a Rolex dealer for much longer.
    Agreed, but a Rolex dealer doesn’t have any stock, most Omega dealers have a shop full apart from a few rare models, Speedmaster 321 and Snoopy etc.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Agreed, but a Rolex dealer doesn’t have any stock, most Omega dealers have a shop full apart from a few rare models, Speedmaster 321 and Snoopy etc.
    If a manufacturer wants to protect their brand they usually stop discounting full stop.

I would negotiate a discount myself if I could but it does seem a strange approach by Omega.

Craftsman
    I looked at a PO in WOS and without asking the sales assistance said she could do something about the price. Didn’t say exactly how much though.

Not really interested in Omegas now at the current prices.

Omega discount?

When looking at a new model Speedmaster at mappin and web Cambridge, I was offered about a 10% discount (if paying without credit).

This was about 4months ago

And mappin and web are owned by wos

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

When I just recently inquired on a price for omega from James Henry he told me he wasn’t selling to the uk anymore as too much paperwork and small margins and only selling to jersey and now focusing on selling vintage watches

Always amazes me that a bog standard SM is now £5k.

Wasn’t long ago when you could get one for half the cost.

Craftsman
    This time last year I got 15% from an independent AD. I wouldn't bother with high street ADs tbh.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Try Banks Lyon. I've had three Omegas from them and have always had a reasonable discount. And they have always had the watch in stock with delivery in 2 days. I'd use them again.

Sent through the ether by diddling with radio waves

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Faiz View Post
    This time last year I got 15% from an independent AD. I wouldn't bother with high street ADs tbh.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk
    More discretion with an independent I guess

Omega discount?

I’ll have a look to see what other independents are in the locality and have a chat!

Craftsman
    As per this other thread, a cashback deal may be possible with certain retailers. Big brands such as Omega are often (but not always) excluded though....

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.php?t=517506

Sent from my SM-S901B using TZ-UK mobile app

Yeah, saw that. Sounds a bit hit and miss!

Managed to buy my submariner in 2018 with Goldsmiths vouchers, a nice 19% discount on them from a work scheme.

Them were the days!

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by eletos View Post
    Yeah, saw that. Sounds a bit hit and miss!

Managed to buy my submariner in 2018 with Goldsmiths vouchers, a nice 19% discount on them from a work scheme.

Them were the days!

ha! Thats amazing, no chance what so ever of that happening now eh!

For discount, surely there's no harm in asking!?

Omega discount?

Not used them myself but a few on here have

www.swisswatchesdirect.co.uk

You don’t loose anything asking, you already have the "no"

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Journeyman
    Whilst searching for an Aqua Terra the past few months, most ADs or OB I've been to have only offered a paltry 3-5% discount...or just a free strap.
    The days of 15-20% off are sadly truly over

Sent from my SM-F936B using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Got 7% off a new Speedmaster Moonwatch sapphire at a branch of EJ. Told them we could get 14% off from a well known Hatton Garden dealer on here but 7% was the maximum the SA could obtain having called the area manager to put our case across.

Decided to take the watch there and then rather than wait for courier delivery, following a bad and traumatic experience with a previous courier delivery of a watch from Chrono24.

Craftsman
    Prices are high too. Hadn’t looked for a while but it seems JLC RRPs has gone up almost 20% in less than a year

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by emmm View Post
    Got 7% off a new Speedmaster Moonwatch sapphire at a branch of EJ. Told them we could get 14% off from a well known Hatton Garden dealer on here but 7% was the maximum the SA could obtain having called the area manager to put our case across.

Decided to take the watch there and then rather than wait for courier delivery, following a bad and traumatic experience with a previous courier delivery of a watch from Chrono24.
    Still not bad going as goldsmiths refusing totally (well when I’ve asked)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottie View Post
    Not used them myself but a few on here have

www.swisswatchesdirect.co.uk
    15% discount. Maybe more if you phone them. Full Omega warranty. RMSD in UK.
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

Journeyman
    Bought my Planet Ocean from Swiss watches direct no issues at all.

Master
    What are peoples thoughts about asking for discount at an Omega store? Is it the done thing or will I look like an uncouth idiot? If discounts are available any idea what might be achievable on a bog standard Speedie?

I’ve never purchased a multi thousand pound watch new so not sure of the etiquette in store.

Quote Originally Posted by paule23 View Post
    What are peoples thoughts about asking for discount at an Omega store? Is it the done thing or will I look like an uncouth idiot? If discounts are available any idea what might be achievable on a bog standard Speedie?

I’ve never purchased a multi thousand pound watch new so not sure of the etiquette in store.
    Did ask myself at the Birmingham branch …got a cheeky£600 off
    No credit and using a debit card
    March this year

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Blog Entries

No harm in asking - you may at least get an extra strap or first service free.
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    15% discount. Maybe more if you phone them. Full Omega warranty. RMSD in UK.
    Interesting, got the model I’m looking for as well!

shy bairns get nowt!

If you are going to buy, then defo ask!

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Craftsman

I would ask. If done politely it shouldn’t cause offence. What’s the worst that can happen?

I remember when I had to do some school work experience at a ambulance station and one of the slave labour jobs was the clear out a store room, I saw a nice used dartboard and really was wanting it bad I never had the money back then to buy such a item, one of the guys said to me and it really stuck with me over the years ‘if you don’t ask you don’t get’
    Anyway I was a shy kid and I did work up the courage to ask the manager who lol said no the cunt
    Long story short its stuck with me and done me good over the years in many aspects of my life, if you don’t ask you don’t get

Craftsman
    There’s always a discount to be had if you have a good relationship with your AD although the percentage largely depends on the desirability of the piece.

Master
    I'm still not sure I understand all the fuss about dealing with an AD. OK, if you go to a grey dealer, e.g. Chronext or Iconic, your warranty resides with them rather than the manufacturer, and I accept that there may be some delay in sourcing your watch versus walking in to an AD and buying on the spot, but the cost savings can be quite significant and worth the patience. I've dealt with both greys mentioned above and have found the experience perfectly acceptable.

SGR

Quote Originally Posted by Balance wheel View Post
    When I just recently inquired on a price for omega from James Henry he told me he wasn’t selling to the uk anymore as too much paperwork and small margins and only selling to jersey and now focusing on selling vintage watches
    I had the same response recently when I asked James for a price for a Omega Speedmaster Sapphire Sandwich. I got 15% discount from a local-ish independent AD but only dealt with them online and by phone.
    Couldn't even get a price from a grey market dealer. Iconic Watches said they couldn't help.

Master
    Gone are the 10-20% discounts WITH 0% finance, and dare I say it, FREE Rolex with Tesco Clubcard points - all from ADs.

Ah, them were the days!

Master
    https://www.pleasanceandharper.co.uk...BoCl0AQAvD_BwE

12% Discount on Omega when signing up to the mailing list.

Excludes OMEGA and Bremont watches unless agreed by Pleasance & Harper Ltd per the T&Cs