closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Smiths Everest with Alpha Bracelet

Smiths Everest with Alpha Bracelet

Anyone who’s looking for an alternative bracelet for a model with the older style bracelet, I’d recommend one of these. It’s from Alpha-1993. Couple pics attached. The original timefactors bracelet is of much better quality but if you want a change and don’t mind a bit of jingle jangle. Also comes without the rivets. Here you go…

Last edited by theflyingfisherman; 6th February 2022 at 08:02.

Looks like rivets to me...

This isine on the alpha bracelet saying hi

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    ^^^ That looks good!

Quote Originally Posted by bubi View Post
    Looks like rivets to me...

This isine on the alpha bracelet saying hi

Yes mine has the rivets, I just meant that you can also buy it without rivets as your photo shows. I prefer the riveted style. Shame it’s been discontinued on the official model.

Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    ^^^ That looks good!
    Quality isn’t as high as the original ones but does the job for that vintage look

Quote Originally Posted by theflyingfisherman View Post
    Yes mine has the rivets, I just meant that you can also buy it without rivets as your photo shows. I prefer the riveted style. Shame it’s been discontinued on the official model.
    OMG! I.did not realise the rivets were gone on the original! I never liked them...
    I'm going to have to buy another one then! Cream dial...
    Too bad I have a family lunch when shop opens today... and am broke...

Quote Originally Posted by bubi View Post
    OMG! I.did not realise the rivets were gone on the original! I never liked them...
    I'm going to have to buy another one then! Cream dial...
    Too bad I have a family lunch when shop opens today... and am broke...

Next step would be a bracelet without the ends being machine as they currently are. As this current look is kind of in between a regular order and one with rivets.

Thread revival!

I'd be very grateful if anyone who has their Everest on one of these Alpha bracelets could answer a few queries.

Firstly, would I be right in thinking that the weight is a good bit lighter than the Timefactors bracelet (either the 1st gen with thick clasp or the later design)?

Secondly, are there any issues getting the Alpha endlinks to fit on the Everest case?

Lastly, are the links joined with pin & collar like the cheaper Seiko models, or what? Presumably they don't use screws?

I currently have my mk.I 36mm Everest on the TF faux rivet bracelet which, on my wrist, isn't as comfortable as I'd like. The lighter the better as far as I'm concerned and I don't mind in the slightest if it's jingle jangly, just providing it's secure. I'd also prefer a bracelet without faux rivets - and the current TF one without rivets yet retaining (faux) rivet plates doesn't do it for me I'm afraid.

Thanks for any replies!

Quote Originally Posted by TF23 View Post
    Thread revival!

I'd be very grateful if anyone who has their Everest on one of these Alpha bracelets could answer a few queries.

Firstly, would I be right in thinking that the weight is a good bit lighter than the Timefactors bracelet (either the 1st gen with thick clasp or the later design)?

Secondly, are there any issues getting the Alpha endlinks to fit on the Everest case?

Lastly, are the links joined with pin & collar like the cheaper Seiko models, or what? Presumably they don't use screws?

I currently have my mk.I 36mm Everest on the TF faux rivet bracelet which, on my wrist, isn't as comfortable as I'd like. The lighter the better as far as I'm concerned and I don't mind in the slightest if it's jingle jangly, just providing it's secure. I'd also prefer a bracelet without faux rivets - and the current TF one without rivets yet retaining (faux) rivet plates doesn't do it for me I'm afraid.

Thanks for any replies!
    I’ve got one on the way to me right now, I will report back when it arrives!

Thanks Graham, I look forward to your report!

Master
    The one I had was lighter and better articulated. It had screw links. If I remember correctly fit on the end links was OK, but I seem to remember they were hollow.

Quote Originally Posted by gerrudd View Post
    The one I had was lighter and better articulated. It had screw links. If I remember correctly fit on the end links was OK, but I seem to remember they were hollow.
    Thanks for your input - 'lighter and better articulated' is just what I was hoping for so it sounds quite promising. IIRC Rolex were still making bracelets with hollow endlinks up to the late 90s. Not an issue for me.

Thanks Graham, I look forward to your report!
    Just arrived - update to follow!

Not the best light for photos but here you go:

Firstly it feels great, like a vintage bracelet but with the machined clasp it also feels substantial.

Articulates beautifully and is quite jangly. It really suits the watch head in my mind.

Many thanks Graham. Good photos despite any problems with the light!

This bracelet does sound as though it'll be ideal for me and on that basis I've ordered it.

Thanks again to everyone who's contributed to this thread!

Craftsman
    Would that alpha bracelet fit the commando the same as it does the Everest?

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Smiths Everest with Alpha Bracelet

Quote Originally Posted by benshep View Post
    Would that alpha bracelet fit the commando the same as it does the Everest?

Commando or Commander?

Commando:

Definitely, they share the same case.

Commander:

I don’t know!
    Last edited by TheGent; 30th September 2023 at 22:03.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGent View Post
    Not the best light for photos but here you go:

Articulates beautifully and is quite jangly. It really suits the watch head in my mind.
    Looks great.

I'm still loving my Everest on Eddie's oyster I bought from you

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGent View Post
    Commando or Commander?
    Commando. My brother lost a screw out of the bracelet on his and hasn’t been able to get a replacement. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by trisdg View Post
    Looks great.

I'm still loving my Everest on Eddie's oyster I bought from you
    This is definitely lighter and more flexible than Eddies original. Helps the Everest feel more like a vintage watch - which I like.

Quote Originally Posted by benshep View Post
    Commando. My brother lost a screw out of the bracelet on his and hasn’t been able to get a replacement. Thank you.

Is it the rivet/non rivet version - I can check if I have a spare link.

I've now received and fitted my Alpha bracelet - just a couple of comments in case they're of use to anyone.

Firstly, it fits perfectly on my 7" wrist with one link removed - ideal, as taking it from the 6 o'clock side centres the clasp underneath my wrist.

Secondly, although hollow endlinks don't bother me, I thought I'd try using the solid endlinks from the original bracelet (the one with the thick ratcheting clasp) to see whether that would work. I'm pleased with the result and have left them on, so if anyone likes the idea of the Alpha bracelet but not of hollow endlinks then I'd say you can still go for it provided your watch came on that bracelet.

I've now received and fitted my Alpha bracelet - just a couple of comments in case they're of use to anyone.

Firstly, it fits perfectly on my 7" wrist with one link removed - ideal, as taking it from the 6 o'clock side centres the clasp underneath my wrist.

Secondly, although hollow endlinks don't bother me, I thought I'd try using the solid endlinks from the original bracelet (the one with the thick ratcheting clasp) to see whether that would work. I'm pleased with the result and have left them on, so if anyone likes the idea of the Alpha bracelet but not of hollow endlinks then I'd say you can still go for it provided your watch came on that bracelet.

Looks great with the solid end links!