closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Seiko SBGX115

Master

Seiko SBGX115

For quite a while I have been on the hunt for a white dial watch that had to meet a set of criteria : 42mm+, sport version, look good on bracelet or rubber.

The SBGX115 appeared on my radar a few years ago, but, they're not the easiest thing to get. This one I managed to get mid last year but only in the last week have I given it any real interest.

So first off accuracy of the 9F61 is superb, it was still bang on time this week despite being neglected for quite a few months. The dial is just superb as are the indices and their surrounds. The titanium hands when they catch the light are beautiful things. The bracelet, IMHO, is on a par if not finished to a slightly higher level than any Rolex I have, the chamfer on the outside edges of the links testament in point.

Now, two negatives, the clasp is fit for purpose but "clunky". The font of the numerals on the bezel is challenging.

I think this for me is the perfect grab and go white dial sports watch at this price point.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Nev; 5th February 2023 at 11:49.

Lovely

I agree Nev, hope you have better luck finding one than I did. https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...-Diver-SBGX115

Annoyingly I used to own one, sold it to someone on here with an understanding that I would buy it back when he wanted a change and despite numerous reminders he sold it elsewhere, never been able to source another one since.

Quote Originally Posted by shalako View Post
    I agree Nev, hope you have better luck finding one than I did. https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...-Diver-SBGX115

Annoyingly I used to own one, sold it to someone on here with an understanding that I would buy it back when he wanted a change and despite numerous reminders he sold it elsewhere, never been able to source another one since.
    Hi Steve,
    Mate, I still have it and am still enjoying it.

Quote Originally Posted by uptheaddicks View Post
    Hi Steve,
    Mate, I still have it and am still enjoying it.
    Apologies John, not sure why I thought you had sold it, still interested if you ever decide to sell it, glad your still enjoying it after all these years!

I have the black dial version - 117 - absolutely love it and very unlikely to ever sell it.

I do think it’s better on a strap - I use a Brady sailcloth - than the bracelet which I find a bit cumbersome, especially the clasp as mentioned.

It looks mighty fine. Over the years I've had (and still got) many a GS and many a diver but never a GS diver. Perhaps one day...