closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Recent Rolex Service Time

Recent Rolex Service Time

If anyone was wondering about current Rolex UK service times, I dropped my mid-90s Explorer II (Ref. 16570) into Rolex St. James's Square at lunchtime on Thursday 19th January, and received an e-mail this afternoon saying it was ready for collection - two weeks and a day (incl. weekends) after handing it over. Have to say I was (very pleasantly) surprised by the turn around time. Hope this may be of interest ... enjoy your weekends everyone ...

Interesting / surprising. Sounds they could afford to release some staff from RSC and move them to production, could help lower my wait times.

Master
    I haven't kept up to date with Rolex prices in general but what's the going rate for them to service a ceramic GMT? Thanks,

I was quoted 4 weeks turn around for a service from St James recently, plus they now offer a quote while you wait.

Master
    Handed a sub into Rolex boutique on Dec17
    No news from them as yet ,not even an estimate, though they said it goes to a service centre in Manchester.
    Will have been shut a couple of weeks through Xmas I'd imagine but not as quick as Rolex St James it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    Handed a sub into Rolex boutique on Dec17
    No news from them as yet ,not even an estimate, though they said it goes to a service centre in Manchester.
    Will have been shut a couple of weeks through Xmas I'd imagine but not as quick as Rolex St James it seems.
    Definitely going to Rolex and not the WoS Rolex Approved centre?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mactrack View Post
    I haven't kept up to date with Rolex prices in general but what's the going rate for them to service a ceramic GMT? Thanks,
    Had mine serviced a few weeks ago (I think it took 4 weeks including Christmas) via my local AD. It cost £600.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Definitely going to Rolex and not the WoS Rolex Approved centre?
    Hmmm
    Assumed it would be going to Rolex but maybe not then.
    First time I'd used the boutique for servicing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    Hmmm
    Assumed it would be going to Rolex but maybe not then.
    First time I'd used the boutique for servicing.
    I’d double check and potentially get it back.

Sent something to the one in Manchester pre-covid for a “valet service” aka touch up for about £100 and it came back with the bezel locked, couldn’t move it.

Second time it came back looking nice and fresh but when I went to put it on all my old wrist cheese was still inside the clasp. They didn’t even clean it before polishing.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    I’d double check and potentially get it back.

Sent something to the one in Manchester pre-covid for a “valet service” aka touch up for about £100 and it came back with the bezel locked, couldn’t move it.

Second time it came back looking nice and fresh but when I went to put it on all my old wrist cheese was still inside the clasp. They didn’t even clean it before polishing.
    It's under strict instructions not to be polished so that's ok
    It's a movement service only.
    Still about £650 before the statutory crown replacement.

Took a Submariner into HQ on 18/1 for service and got an email on 3/2 as ready for collection. Cost £640 - £600 for service and £40 for crown replacement.