closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Banking Customer Service..... Not impressed with Barclays

Hybrid View

Try another bank with a branch nearby. Are the rates likely to be wildly different?

I had very poor service from Barclays when acting as an Executor. They insisted on me making an appointment at the account holding branch to produce the Will and verify my identity. That took 2 weeks to arrange. The Will and my passport Driving Licence and Utility bills were copied despite me holding an account myself with the branch. After Probate was granted and I applied to release the funds they told me I had failed to prove my identity and insisted I repeat the process!

Master
    Substitute the B for W in all matters of money.

Its hopeless with them all.

There was a time when they used to deal with feedback and complaints very well. My wife and I, both Barclays customers, paid our mortgage off early with them and it was an absolute nightmare. I left appropriate feedback on their web site and received a call from a manager who chatted with me for 20 minutes, credited us with £250 as goodwill gesture and sent us a bottle of Dom Perignon to celebrate paying off our mortgage.

Fast forward to last year where I tried to open a current account with a debit card only for my application to be declined on credit scoring. This was despite already holding a current account and debit card with them. No amount of common sense would prevail and they just kept on saying no. Two months later I got one opened despite no change in circumstances.

I just don’t think they care any more.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MCFastybloke View Post
    Substitute the B for W in all matters of money.
    Warclays? 😁

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    Try another bank with a branch nearby. Are the rates likely to be wildly different?
    Barclays are offering 4% on a one year fixed rate deal which is the longest I want to tie myself in for and is the best deal I can find. My current Principality deal is 2.5%

Quote Originally Posted by Barryboy View Post
    Barclays are offering 4% on a one year fixed rate deal which is the longest I want to tie myself in for and is the best deal I can find. My current Principality deal is 2.5%
    If you have the Barclays app it’s a lot easier
    I opened that ISA back in November. Did it through the Barclays app as I had funds in another Barclays savings account and just transferred it across.

Master
    A little further info... I have my current account and a small ISA with RBS and have no intention of switching out. The wife and I have ISAs with the Principality BS and those are the ones we want to transfer out.

Master
    A little further info... I have my current account and a small ISA with RBS and have no intention of switching out. The wife and I have ISAs with the Principality BS and those are the ones we want to transfer out.