closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Where to sell deadstock sneakers?

Master

Where to sell deadstock sneakers?

I've spent this afternoon going through various bits & pieces that remained in my parents' loft when I flew the nest about 15 years ago. During my late teens/early twenties I was a bit of a sneakerhead and picked up the odd limited edition, collaboration etc. when the scene was still in its relative infancy compared to how I understand it to be now. I used to be reasonably active on the Crooked Tongues forum, NikeTalk and the like - there are probably others like me here on TZ-UK!

Clearly I've been out of the game for some time. Most, if not all, of the shoes were purchased c.2003 - 2006. I appreciate that some of them may not be worth very much but there are a couple of pairs that I think have some potential.

Initially I thought I might just list them on eBay, I also had a brief look at StockX. However, I thought it might be wise to seek a bit of guidance, in much the same way I would do for a watch related purchase/sale.

Is there anyone with more current knowledge of the scene that could offer some guidance?

Blog Entries
    Paging Zolawinston

I sold some ‘old’ trainers (mainly Footscapes) a few years ago on eBay. I received considerably more than I figured that they were worth to me.

Master
    StockX charge strong fees, but their service is A+. If you are in central London, they have a drop off site just off Regent St - this saves you the £4 shipping charge. They often have discounted seller days with 50% off fees that are worth keeping a look out for if you are signed up.

Might be worth letting us know what you have. I’m partial to a pair of adidas deadstock.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MST View Post
    I've been doing some research and I'm coming round to the idea of StockX, particularly after reading about their drop-off that you mention. Fees are still a little on the high side, especially as I've got 80% off eBay selling fees at the minute.
    I am a user of StockX for shoes, and their service has not let me down. I have used the Regent St dropoff site as well - and again, no issues. For me, the reliability of their service eliminates all the logistical concerns; and the depth of market on the bid/offer is generally quite good.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by spareparts View Post
    StockX charge strong fees, but their service is A+. If you are in central London, they have a drop off site just off Regent St - this saves you the £4 shipping charge. They often have discounted seller days with 50% off fees that are worth keeping a look out for if you are signed up.
    I've been doing some research and I'm coming round to the idea of StockX, particularly after reading about their drop-off that you mention. Fees are still a little on the high side, especially as I've got 80% off eBay selling fees at the minute.

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    Might be worth letting us know what you have. I'm partial to a pair of adidas deadstock.
    No Adidas in this lot I'm afraid, just New Balance, Nike and Vans. That said I think I've got deadstock pairs of Adidas Century Lo Bk3 Crooked Tongues and Superstar 35th Anniversary Expression Adicolor knocking around somewhere.

P.S. Not that this is a stealth SC thread!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by spareparts View Post
    I am a user of StockX for shoes, and their service has not let me down. I have used the Regent St dropoff site as well - and again, no issues. For me, the reliability of their service eliminates all the logistical concerns; and the depth of market on the bid/offer is generally quite good.
    Sorry, I accidentally deleted my previous reply whilst trying to add an edit. I've now reposted it but it makes your reply that quotes it seem like you have psychic abilities - what a plank I am!

I was also on CT back in the same era, think I had the same username too! I wonder how many of us there are on here.
    I find eBay rubbish these days. Depending on what you have I’d say stockx like everyone has suggested or try some Facebook groups depending on what you’re selling.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ajw232 View Post
    I was also on CT back in the same era, think I had the same username too! I wonder how many of us there are on here.
    I find eBay rubbish these days. Depending on what you have I’d say stockx like everyone has suggested or try some Facebook groups depending on what you’re selling.
    Your username seems familiar but it could just be a psychological trick of the mind. I'm not 100% but I think my username on CT was the same as here, no way of checking though as it's long since disappeared.

It would seem that we've traded an expensive hobby for an even more expensive one, wouldn't be surprised if there were a few others here too.

Potentially the most sought after pair I've got is some deadstock Nike Dunk Low Haze Premiums (not the Friends & Family edition unfortunately). The pricing on StockX seems a little aspirational!

Master
    StockX is a superlative trading platform in my experience. And the fees are [just about] justifiable too. Speed and depth of market liquidity on high demand items has transparency of market level. You always know where you stand as a seller.

Quote Originally Posted by MST View Post
    Your username seems familiar but it could just be a psychological trick of the mind. I'm not 100% but I think my username on CT was the same as here, no way of checking though as it's long since disappeared.

It would seem that we've traded an expensive hobby for an even more expensive one, wouldn't be surprised if there were a few others here too.

Potentially the most sought after pair I've got is some deadstock Nike Dunk Low Haze Premiums (not the Friends & Family edition unfortunately). The pricing on StockX seems a little aspirational!
    Unfortunately whilst I don’t really buy hyped trainers anymore I still haven’t been able to kick the habit - I think I spent enough on trainers last year to buy me a nice watch.

I used to have the Haze back in the day but I sold most my dunks off years before they came back on trend so sold them for peanuts! For those I think stockx will be your best bet.

What the best platform for rare sneakers?

Stock X is good for stuff that they have listed. If they don't have it listed, you cannot list your rare item

Item in question is a pair of Adidas x church in 10.5 (UK) in brown. BNIB.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowdon View Post

Stock X is good for stuff that they have listed. If they don't have it listed, you cannot list your rare item

I think I read that if the item you want to sell is not listed you can contact them with a view to it being added.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowdon View Post

The Church’s fetch big money now, a really nice trainer 👍🏻

They are great. I bought both and preferred the blue so wore them. Must say I'm not keen on the brown ones because of the union jack at the back which was more subtle on the blue colourway

I'll contact stock X and see what they say. They need library pictures for their listings so I'm not sure how they'd do that. But let's see.