closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Lazy people

Lazy people

Why are people so lazy now, I have just been in a 3 hour conversation/argument on sales corner/bear pit due to one person that couldn't be bothered to write a single paragraph advert for an airgun he bought in 2021, now I have realised not a lot here realise that selling an airgun needs to be done correctly, otherwise the law could actually close a place like this down, very fast, yet others jump on the sellers band waggon with zero intelligence about airgun laws and just spout off what they have seen on google, these people are idiots, and will end up getting decent forums closed down because they think they are right, they googled it, they need to take a step back and think, if someone is selling a firearm (yes any air weapon is a firearm) they have to sell it, not a person they know or their neighbour, or in this case the advert from over a year ago, it has to be the actual person who owns that firearm selling it.

so please, don't get arsey if anyone questions a thread you simply copy and paste, question yourself, why you didn't spend 2 minutes writing your own, it could save a 3 hour shit storm.

For clarity, it was this thread the OP is referring to, where a buyer for an item previously listed on Sales Corner bumped the old thread on post #9 saying the below:

"Hi guys. Sorry to resurrect an old thread. I was the buyer of this rifle. I have used it twice and it’s still like new in box. I will be listing it for sale with a fresh advert on sales corner this weekend. If anyone wants first dibs then please drop me a message. Many thanks."

Dangermouse, for reasons I can't quite deduce, repeatedly commented on this thread about it being 'sold already', 8 times to be exact in addition to numerous posts in the bear pit.

1. "Price would be helpful"
    2. "And sold already?"
    3. "And............is it sold ???????????"
    4. "This is the laziest post ever, even the seller cant be arsed to put any info up, it was posted as sold from many years ago, really."
    5. "OK no worries"
    6. "Sold or not................not a hard question, if its sold why resurect an old thread you cannot amend or if you want to sell it, why the hassle of this, surely it would be easier to pop a new ad on"
    7. "So the actual advert title means nothing then SOLD means absolutely nothing, thanks for the clarification, we can go ahead and message absolutely anyone who says they have a sold advert"
    8. "So it still says SOLD. Why not just start a new advert, takes 5 minutes or is that too much to do, the seller has spent over 2 hours now defending why he hasn't started a new thread, why not spend 5 mins creating a new ad...........something isn't right if he wont make a new ad"

Later, presumably after realising nobody else understood what the issue was, the mechanism of offense was changed to insinuating the poster was selling under someone else's name (confused? join the club..).

Form your own conclusions...

Theres loads of lazy people around, some people place sales ads up with no pictures for all sorts, like cameras for instance, i mean what kind of lazy git would do that.

DM clearly knows a lot about this topic but maybe his knowledge and advice didn't come across quite so well this time. Can happen.

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    For clarity, it was this thread the OP is referring to, where a buyer for an item previously listed on Sales Corner bumped the old thread on post #9 saying the below:

"Hi guys. Sorry to resurrect an old thread. I was the buyer of this rifle. I have used it twice and it’s still like new in box. I will be listing it for sale with a fresh advert on sales corner this weekend. If anyone wants first dibs then please drop me a message. Many thanks."

Dangermouse, for reasons I can't quite deduce, repeatedly commented on this thread about it being 'sold already', 8 times to be exact in addition to numerous posts in the bear pit.

1. "Price would be helpful"
    2. "And sold already?"
    3. "And............is it sold ???????????"
    4. "This is the laziest post ever, even the seller cant be arsed to put any info up, it was posted as sold from many years ago, really."
    5. "OK no worries"
    6. "Sold or not................not a hard question, if its sold why resurect an old thread you cannot amend or if you want to sell it, why the hassle of this, surely it would be easier to pop a new ad on"
    7. "So the actual advert title means nothing then SOLD means absolutely nothing, thanks for the clarification, we can go ahead and message absolutely anyone who says they have a sold advert"
    8. "So it still says SOLD. Why not just start a new advert, takes 5 minutes or is that too much to do, the seller has spent over 2 hours now defending why he hasn't started a new thread, why not spend 5 mins creating a new ad...........something isn't right if he wont make a new ad"

Later, presumably after realising nobody else understood what the issue was, the mechanism of offense was changed to insinuating the poster was selling under someone else's name (confused? join the club..).

Form your own conclusions...

Hmm, obviously knows absolutely nothing about firearms regulations, yet wants an argument.
    I will leave him in his hole.
    Last edited by Dangermouse64; 27th January 2023 at 00:36.

Please, I do know a lot about this subject, so do a lot of members here, but the legislation is changing all the time regarding firearms, and as much as I love guns, I am beginning to loathe the legislation surrounding them, the main fact is, every gun in the UK must be registered, be it a new gun or a used gun, if you go into a shop to buy a CO2 gun, it must be registered, if that person sells to a friend, he doesn't have to say its sold, if a gun is for sale on a forum, it has to be an owner over the age of 18 and named owner, not a friend, or someone who bought if from a friend, it must be the owner, so a second hand advert is illegal to sell a gun like OP seller is trying, and it would get the forum owner into trouble, possibly closed down if this was the way gun sales were carried out on the forum, don't shoot the messenger but if you want this place closed down, and I for one don't, then carry on and knock yourselves out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse64 View Post
    Hmm, obviously knows absolutely nothing about firearms regulations, yet wants an argument.
    I will leave him in his hole.
    Please, I do know a lot about this subject, so do a lot of members here, but the legislation is changing all the time regarding firearms, and as much as I love guns, I am beginning to loathe the legislation surrounding them, the main fact is, every gun in the UK must be registered, be it a new gun or a used gun, if you go into a shop to buy a CO2 gun, it must be registered, if that person sells to a friend, he doesn't have to say its sold, if a gun is for sale on a forum, it has to be an owner over the age of 18 and named owner, not a friend, or someone who bought if from a friend, it must be the owner, so a second hand advert is illegal to sell a gun like OP seller is trying, and it would get the forum owner into trouble, possibly closed down if this was the way gun sales were carried out on the forum, don't shoot the messenger but if you want this place closed down, and I for one don't, then carry on and knock yourselves out.
    To be clear, I have no stake in the matter with either of the people involved, I'm just stating the facts.

#1 - Let us be clear, it was your 9th post when you brought this new gripe up, your previous 8 were about another complaint (previously quoted in full).

#2 - No reasonable person could view that post as an attempt to sell under another name. His post identifies he bought the item from the original listing, now he intends to sell it (previously quoted in full). It's crystal clear that it's not the OP of the thread that made that post, nobody else was confused.

#3 - You've now made 11 posts on the sales thread, 20 in the bear pit, created this pointless thread in G&D, and by your own assessment "been in a 3 hour conversation/argument" (not with me). I count 15 members who have now disagreed with you across the two threads. Have you considered that perhaps it's you who wants the argument?

Anyway, as before, people can form their own conclusions.

Blog Entries
    Were did you get the information that a co2 pistol bought in a shop needs to be registered?
    Never heard this before.
    In fact it's bollocks!

What's all this numbering posts, are you OCD or something, I know exactly what I have said thanks, and people can read for themselves, the whole thread, not just the bits you want them to read, now 10 off pmsl

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jimp View Post
    Were did you get the information that a co2 pistol bought in a shop needs to be registered?
    Never heard this before.
    In fact it's bollocks!

Never heard this before.
    In fact it's bollocks!
    You sir need to go and buy a CO2 gun in a local registered gun shop, then tell me its bollocks, by the way, you aint a sir, you are that conman of sales corner that sells all the dodgy shite, anyway, go buy one legit and you will know dodgy boy
    Last edited by Dangermouse64; 27th January 2023 at 02:09.

Blog Entries
    You sir need to go and buy a CO2 gun in a local shop, then tell me its bollocks, by the way, you aint a sir, you are that conman of sales corner that sells all the dodgy shite
    Lol, I bought 2 last week, no need to register, show me the law that states this and I will apologize,
    The personal insulting is not clever and slanderous, be very careful.

Lol, I bought 2 last week, no need to register, show me the law that states this and I will apologize,
    The personal insulting is not clever and slanderous, be very careful.
    Slanderous and your name in the same sentence, behave man

Blog Entries
    What a load of old.......
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

What's all this numbering posts, are you OCD or something, I know exactly what I have said thanks, and people can read for themselves, the whole thread, not just the bits you want them to read, now 10 off pmsl

- - - Updated - - -
    I quoted the post you took exception to and all 8 of your following posts. I also linked the thread in my very first sentence so that people could read it themselves…
    Last edited by M1011; 27th January 2023 at 04:22.

I think someone so easily triggered into a meltdown shouldn’t be buying a gun.

Master
    You sir need to go and buy a CO2 gun in a local registered gun shop, then tell me its bollocks, by the way, you aint a sir, you are that conman of sales corner that sells all the dodgy shite, anyway, go buy one legit and you will know dodgy boy
    Just post a link to the legislation, simple.

If there's anyone on this forum who shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a gun, it's the OP. Far too emotionally volatile.

EDIT: I see someone had the same thought before me. Must learn to read entire thread before commenting.
    Last edited by Onelasttime; 27th January 2023 at 09:12.

One sentence? Lazy punctuation IMO.

What tosh, shops only have to sell face to face, buying and selling second hand as a private citizen is legal, and no face to face required.
    No need to register either, as long as under the legal limit for airguns.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbee View Post
    What tosh, shops only have to sell face to face, buying and selling second hand as a private citizen is legal, and no face to face required.
    No need to register either, as long as under the legal limit for airguns.
    As I just mentioned in the BP Sales Thread, regardless to everything else said seller should test gun over chronograph and state the results in the sale and not rely on past sellers FPS, yes its not a legal requirement to do this but it clears any uncertainty of owning/buying an FAC firearm.

Why are people so lazy now, I have just been in a 3 hour conversation/argument on sales corner/bear pit due to one person
    And you liked it so much you started a thread about it. Jesus Christ. Yeah, the sales post was lazy, but so what? Now it's spread over three threads on three separate boards and the focus is on the nutter who couldn't let it lie.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I was gonna reply but.. CBA

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Hotel View Post
    And you liked it so much you started a thread about it. Jesus Christ. Yeah, the sales post was lazy, but so what? Now it's spread over three threads on three separate boards and the focus is on the nutter who couldn't let it lie.
    IT. WAS. NOT. A. SALES. POST.

It said so in the first sentence.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Why has this spread from the Bear Pit?

M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    What a load of old.......
    Guns??

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post

M
    Too many shandies is my guess!

Quote Originally Posted by Suds View Post
    I was gonna reply but.. CBA
    ISWYDT
    Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH

Master
    Currently it's only Scotland that requires any certification of Air Guns, although that may change if nanny gets more involved. as usual. There is an age restriction, over 18 only. However it is different for AirSoft which requires UKARA defence to purchase a Realistic Imitation Firearm unless it is multicoloured.
    The Sig Sauer MCX in it's standard form does not fall into any of the above (unless in Scotland)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Curta View Post
    ISWYDT
    Completely went over my head until your comment.

Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post

M
    Exactly, too lazy to post in the appropriate place.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Master
    Can't be bothered to read the whole thread but what I would say is th