closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: 4G Security Cameras for empty property

4G Security Cameras for empty property

I'm going to have an empty property for a few months and thinking about a 4G security camera. I've got power, not so worried about top image quality as its more a monitoring device. There will be a few people entering the property occasionally, just need to keep an eye on things without having to visit so regularly.

Do any monitor movement and send an alert / footage to an iPhone. If I do this on 4G how much data do the cameras get through a week? I don't really want to sign up for subscriptions and 1 camera on the main room / entrance should work - any ideas or experience of a decent value cam / system to do this? Thanks

Amazon Blink ?

Alfred camera on an old mobile has all those features

Sent from my moto g51 5G using Tapatalk

Master
    It might be cheaper to get a WiFi hotspot and then use a cheap WiFi camera like Blink.

Pete

Craftsman
    Have a look at Eufy in conjuction with a data Sim Wifi router. Rock solid and can be used at home once you no longer need it for the empty property. I use this at my Dad's as he has dementia, it allows human recognition with alerts to mobile etc. SIM data package for 3 cameras is only a couple of Gig per month with constant monitoring.

https://uk.eufy.com/collections/secu...ducts/t88323d2

Quote Originally Posted by wotsthecrack View Post
    Have a look at Eufy in conjuction with a data Sim Wifi router. Rock solid and can be used at home once you no longer need it for the empty property. I use this at my Dad's as he has dementia, it allows human recognition with alerts to mobile etc. SIM data package for 3 cameras is only a couple of Gig per month with constant monitoring.

Thanks for that, looks like it will everything I need and I just add a 4G hot spot.

Quote Originally Posted by farquare View Post
    Alfred camera on an old mobile has all those features

Sent from my moto g51 5G using Tapatalk
    That looks great!
    Thanks.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Quote Originally Posted by wotsthecrack View Post

I bought one of the Eufy CamSolo cameras and I have to say so far its been excellent. The app seems very well thought out, loads of features and the camera was easy to connect on the 4G hotspot. Does everything I wanted (and more..) - so thanks for the tip.

A Mifi unit and cheap sim and a Yi camera, (fixed or pan/tilt). You fit a Micro SD card and it will store events and you can replay them on phone or laptop from anywhere.

You just have to pair it up with the Wifi of your Mifi and then take the pair of them anywhere.

BUT - sounds like the people coming and going might pull the plug on the camera- when they see it?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by vulcangascompany View Post
    I bought one of the Eufy CamSolo cameras and I have to say so far its been excellent. The app seems very well thought out, loads of features and the camera was easy to connect on the 4G hotspot. Does everything I wanted (and more..) - so thanks for the tip.
    Glad it works for you, I've had it installed over 2 years and the rechargeable batteries are still going strong even the outdoor one which has done 2 winters in low temperatures.