closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Chrono 24 ‘escrow’ service for watch purchases?

Red face Chrono 24 ‘escrow’ service for watch purchases?

Has anyone used this for a high value watch purchase from a UK-based private seller? I’m then planning a face to face collection of the watch.

Any feedback or advice would be appreciated! :)

SydR

Chrono 24 ‘escrow’ service for watch purchases?

I used them a few weeks ago for my JLC Reverso without issue.

Had a good, lengthy chat with the seller, paid into the Escrow service and the seller shipped.

Once the watch arrived I had to go in and confirm delivery then authorise payout.

Last year I sold a watch and met the buyer. They had made a payment into the Escrow service prior to meeting and simply had to acknowledge receipt when we met. Make sure they do that. They forgot to authorise payout so I had to wait seven days till in automatically paid me. I now know next time to get the buyer to do that step too.
    Last edited by SydR; 26th January 2023 at 19:18.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hack View Post
    Has anyone used this for a high value watch purchase from a UK-based private seller? I’m then planning a face to face collection of the watch.

Any feedback or advice would be appreciated! :)
    I have bought two high-value watches via Chrono24 (Rolex at £31k, Panerai at £5k). I believe all sales use the escrow service, whether private or dealer sellers. An entirely positive experience for me.

Craftsman
    Good to see that there have been no issues with escrow. I’ve just listed my first watch as a tester with Chrono24 to see if I have more luck finding a buyer than I’ve had with idiots on fleabay, albeit my watch is only a vintage Doxa Sharkhunter with a value of around £2.5k, so nothing excessively valuable. My hope is that a US buyer might put his hand up for it as they seem to have a much larger following over there. The only thing I’m unsure about is how the postage/customs works but I’m guessing payment to me will only be made once the seller eventually receives it. I suspect I should have taken time to read their terms and conditions and how it all works so maybe that’s something I should do later when I have 5 minutes to spare !!!

Thanks Guys. That’s all very reassuring. :)

Journeyman
    Escrow didn't work for me on my one and only purchase from C24. Never again. They even turn it on me and called me a scammer.

See this thread: https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...=1#post5709872
    Last edited by emmm; 26th January 2023 at 22:16.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I’ve used this service for both trade and private purchases,no issues.

Master
    I've used it some times (it was built into the transaction rather than something I opted for), and I must say it was very good. Worked very smoothly, and reassuring in the sense you're buying from someone you really don't know, but there is peace of mind.