closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New Release - C Ward Dune collection, very nice.

New Release - C Ward Dune collection, very nice.

Appeared on my IG feed earlier, just been looking through and have to say these look really good. Previous experience of CW suggests the build quality etc will be very good, and I really like the design.

38mm, 11.2mm thick, 150m WR, date, bracelet version has quick release bars and tool free glide system.

I like the black or cream models, but there’s also a green and blue. Also a LE GMT model as well.

https://www.christopherward.com/dune-collection-watches

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Look good to me. Not sure about the bronze one, and I love bronze watches normally.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Blog Entries
    They seem on top form at the moment, good for them I say.

The white dial looks mesmerising.

Agreed, they're dong a lot of interesting things as of late. Nothing quite hits the spot for me yet, but I think it's a matter of time before they release something that makes me reach for my wallet.
    Last edited by jimmbob; 26th January 2023 at 14:44.

Quote Originally Posted by davidj54 View Post
    Appeared on my IG feed earlier, just been looking through and have to say these look really good. Previous experience of CW suggests the build quality etc will be very good, and I really like the design.

38mm, 11.2mm thick, 150m WR, date, bracelet version has quick release bars and tool free glide system.

I like the black or cream models, but there’s also a green and blue. Also a LE GMT model as well.

https://www.christopherward.com/dune-collection-watches

Have to say, I'm VERY impressed by the level of detailing and finishing to the hands and indices - those are items that always draw my eye, and which I find wanting on the vast majority of watches (e.g. you have to spend a lot on a Seiko to get something that good and not relief-printed).

Not my style of watch, but much nicer to my eye than (e.g.) Tudor's equivalent.

A bit small for me but I really like the Black or Blue GMT, very tempted

Sent from a technical device.

Really, really lovely! The black dial three hander with bracelet will be very attractive with the periodic £100 voucher applied.

Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    Have to say, I'm VERY impressed by the level of detailing and finishing to the hands and indices - those are items that always draw my eye, and which I find wanting on the vast majority of watches (e.g. you have to spend a lot on a Seiko to get something that good and not relief-printed).

Not my style of watch, but much nicer to my eye than (e.g.) Tudor's equivalent.
    Yes, my immediate thought was it’s a similar but more interesting looking watch to the Tudor BB36/41.

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Really, really lovely! The black dial three hander with bracelet will be very attractive with the periodic £100 voucher applied.
    The voucher scheme has been withdrawn going forward.

Thanks I didn't know that. It's still excellent value at full price.

Quote Originally Posted by petay993 View Post
    The voucher scheme has been withdrawn going forward.

This is too small for me but I recently bought a CW to try out and the quality is seriously good.

This looks like a fantastic watch.

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Thanks I didn't know that. It's still excellent value at full price.
    I agree and the applied logo is a nice upgrade on this release.

Master
    I think that's another solid offering from them. They seem to be building up some good momentum after the Bel canto launch. Prices are going up but the quality seems to be going up too. Their bracelets I think i some of the best I've had.

Not sure about the the full brass versions but everything else looks good to me.

Master
    Not normally my style of watch but really liking those. Shame they're too small for my tastes, quality looks rather good for the price. Nice one CW👍

Grand Master
    Apart from being too small, I (also) like the look of those - especially the blue dial.
    /vince ..

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    This is too small for me but I recently bought a CW to try out and the quality is seriously good.

This looks like a fantastic watch.
    They have been the only brand in the £1,200 and under price point that I have bothered to buy over the past three years (well other than brands bought and don’t end up wearing).

They co exit quite happily in my watch box, alongside watches from your favourite brand.😀

These seem to be just Aquitaines without the bezel!

The box crystal is nice but will give a bit of a milky ring! The cream is the pick of the bunch for me followed by the green. The rest, especially the blue and bronze just don’t work for me.

Build quality looks to be very good and on par with watches that cost a lot more. Not sure why CW continues to get bashed so much when they have improved so much.

They look fantastic. Not quite to my taste but still … especially pleased to see that they have colour matched all the date wheels, quite a few more expensive makers could learn a lot from them.

I have a CW that I bought here a while ago, titanium Sealander Elite with the flush crown and it’s my most worn watch.

The bronze with blue face, on the dark brown leather, looks really good.

Fair play to them, some nice designs.

Lots of their GMT models look really good too.

Sent from my IN2013 using Tapatalk

Have taken the plunge on the limited edition GMT, that’s the pick of the bunch for me, been looking for a good all rounder GMT with good WR for travels later this year, this really speaks to me. Went for the canvas webbing strap but will think about the bracelet further down the line if the watch is a keeper. Will post pics when it arrives.

Master
    Looks good and well executed. I instantly think of it as an explorer type watch with a sub like dial which irks me, but that's my double (one of many I guess!). If it had a 369 type dial I'd be in danger is breaking my 2023 abstinence pledge!

Have taken the plunge on the limited edition GMT, that’s the pick of the bunch for me, been looking for a good all rounder GMT with good WR for travels later this year, this really speaks to me. Went for the canvas webbing strap but will think about the bracelet further down the line if the watch is a keeper. Will post pics when it arrives.

Best of the lot IMO, although the black sand non GMT is tempting me. Love to hear your thoughts when you get it.

I think they look fantastic and the price isn't bad either. The metal-work and dials are next grade.
    Costume jewellery. Ouch!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gbn13 View Post
    They have been the only brand in the £1,200 and under price point that I have bothered to buy over the past three years (well other than brands bought and don’t end up wearing).

They co exit quite happily in my watch box, alongside watches from your favourite brand.😀
    I have two favourite brands, Seiko is the first true love ;)

Little update as this arrived Sunday. Really like the compact dial and 38mm size, really like the design and that it’s a great all rounder ie stylish looking but equally very capable with 150m WR, very legible, date and GMT functions. The black/yellow contrast speaks to me too. Think these have sold out now, mine is number 66/200.

Only grumble is the canvas webbing strap that will take a lot of breaking in. Very stiff, although looks to be well made. I should’ve gone with the bracelet but I’ll probably pick that up now as pretty sure this’ll be my summer travels watch.

Few pics, wrist about 6.5” give or take.

That’s a really nice looking watch

^ seconded ^ - looks great

Really like the direction they've gone recently

very nice field watch

Journeyman
    Great looking piece. They are getting more and more interesting imho

Master
    Blog Entries
    That looks superb, congrats.

I can't get my head around the buying sequence though...

People can buy the model they actually want, at a time they decide, and they just supply you with the watch?

No entry spending, no waiting lists, no secret handshakes. What the hell is this Christopher Ward chap upto with these crrrrrrazy buying process!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by pete-r View Post

People can buy the model they actually want, at a time they decide, and they just supply you with the watch?

No entry spending, no waiting lists, no secret handshakes. What the hell is this Christopher Ward chap upto with these crrrrrrazy buying process!
    ^^^^^^

Had a LOL at that. Indeed! Where is the waiting list? The snooty doorman deciding if we are worth to look at the wares?

We do put up with a lot in this love of watches...

Quote Originally Posted by pete-r View Post

Haha - I had a similar experience at JLC a year ago - no fun at all ! I am glad CW have finally sorted out their logo as they have some really interesting designs and seem to be "punching"

Journeyman
    Little update as this arrived Sunday. Really like the compact dial and 38mm size, really like the design and that it’s a great all rounder ie stylish looking but equally very capable with 150m WR, very legible, date and GMT functions. The black/yellow contrast speaks to me too. Think these have sold out now, mine is number 66/200.

Only grumble is the canvas webbing strap that will take a lot of breaking in. Very stiff, although looks to be well made. I should’ve gone with the bracelet but I’ll probably pick that up now as pretty sure this’ll be my summer travels watch.

Few pics, wrist about 6.5” give or take.

Great looking watch. Talking of value on the other thread- can you get much better than this currently?!

Yeah from my limited experience with them CW are offering superb value. Not so cheap that you have to buy from some unknown far away entity, or compromise, but not prohibitively expensive either - the spec, build quality, original design, 100% recyclable packaging, customer service, 5 year guarantee etc is fantastic when you think you can get their flagship Trident Pro 300 diver for 700 quid. I’ve been really impressed with them.

when you think you can get their flagship Trident Pro 300 diver for 700 quid. I’ve been really impressed with them.
    Especially when you consider £700 only buys you some Seiko junk from a B&M store.

Raising from the depths for a little update as I’ve had the Dune GMT for a couple of months now and I can say it is bloody superb, hasn’t left my wrist. Great size, superb build quality and finishing, not a QC issue in sight, it’s tough, functional and robust but also with a certain classic style that dresses up nicely. The boxed sapphire is flawlessly clear and adds a nice little vintage touch with the distortion from an angle. It’s looked the part on every strap I’ve had it on, but I’ve liked it so much I’ve added the bracelet which is also excellent quality and has the quick release spring bars and on the fly adjustment. Light catcher case is perfectly proportioned and ergonomic. As you can tell I’m very enamoured with it, and would say to anyone on the fence about C Ward to give them a try - the value proposition is off the scale. Am looking forward to taking this one on my travels this year.

This looks great to me! May I ask about the bracelet adjustment, how is it to use and if possible, could you follow up with a picture.

Out of interest is the GMT function ‘true’ or an ‘office’ type. Looks superb, congrats - sounds like it’s getting lots of wrist time and a real strap monster looking at your pictures!

Jon

Quote Originally Posted by FellBasher View Post
    This looks great to me! May I ask about the bracelet adjustment, how is it to use and if possible, could you follow up with a picture.

Out of interest is the GMT function ‘true’ or an ‘office’ type. Looks superb, congrats - sounds like it’s getting lots of wrist time and a real strap monster looking at your pictures!

Jon
    Cheers Jon. The adjustment is very simple, as per the pic 1 you’ll see the little lipped area under the clasp with the directional arrow on. Your just pull that back and then slide the bracelet in the opposite direction. As you can see in pic 2 there is a ratcheted glide, you just stop it where you want it. It probably gives up to about 10mm of adjustment. Hope that’s useful.

Yes, very - thanks for taking the trouble David. I’ve just been viewing the Sealander range on their website. Love the look of the 39 mm blue dial version on bracelet. No LE GMT’s available now. Very tempting, a great write up, seem good VFM. Will do some more reading up, thanks again for the extra pictures,

Jon