closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Servicing of Valjoux 72 Movements

Master

Servicing of Valjoux 72 Movements

Has anybody any experience of getting the above movement serviced and how difficult are parts to source?
    I've been looking at a vintage Heuer with this movement and considering maintenance going forward.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by klunk View Post
    Has anybody any experience of getting the above movement serviced and how difficult are parts to source?
    I've been looking at a vintage Heuer with this movement and considering maintenance going forward.
    Thanks
    Parts are generally available, although not always NOS. I think there are quite a few eBay sellers who buy off-brand Valjoux 72 watches and strip the movements to sell for parts. I’ve got a few V72 chronographs so I’ve bought 2-3 donor movements from which I can scavenge parts in the future. Which Heuer is it ?

My understanding of the risk with vintage Heuers is that VJ72 movement servicing isn't a particular problem, but case parts can be. For example sourcing replacement glasses and graduated tension rings for Carreras.

I have a 1960s Carrera. It was serviced last year. The glass and tension ring are fine.
    Last edited by BillyCasper; 25th January 2023 at 13:35.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by HookedSeven View Post
    Parts are generally available, although not always NOS. I think there are quite a few eBay sellers who buy off-brand Valjoux 72 watches and strip the movements to sell for parts. I’ve got a few V72 chronographs so I’ve bought 2-3 donor movements from which I can scavenge parts in the future. Which Heuer is it ?
    Thanks for the info it's a Camaro

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyCasper View Post
    My understanding of the risk with vintage Heuers is that VJ72 movement servicing isn't a particular problem, but case parts can be. For example sourcing replacement glasses and graduated tension rings for Carreras.

I have a 1960s Carrera. It was serviced last year. The glass and tension ring are fine.
    Thanks - useful to know

I use Rich Askham for my Val.72 work:

https://thewatchspotblog.com/
    "A man of little significance"