closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Swatch Group - Bioceramic the future

Hybrid View

Master
    This collaboration is spot on and they’ve very cleverly used cues from special speedmasters (I.e mars looks like Alaska project, Jupiter has ultra man hands etc). Added to that the social media hype means it’s extremely successful. I don’t see any other collaborations working as well.

I would deeply, truly, madly LOVE it if they produced a cheeky Swatch homage to the Rolex Submariner next: as close as they can get without infringing trademarks - that would be beyond hilarious....

Just imagine the fanbhoi meltdowns! Would make Chernobyl look like indoor fireworks...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    I would deeply, truly, madly LOVE it if they produced a cheeky Swatch homage to the Rolex Submariner next: as close as they can get without infringing trademarks - that would be beyond hilarious....

Just imagine the fanbhoi meltdowns! Would make Chernobyl look like indoor fireworks...
    Moser tried something similar - albeit a mash-up of a few classic designs, and had to beat a very hasty retreat, if I recall.

I think they'll go for the mass market like the Speedmaster. I'd anticipate they'll do a budget Bond Seamaster watch, and Olympic Speedy's. It's great to have such a huge endorsement like the Bond franchise and Olympics but very few of the audience could afford the usual Bond and Olympic special editions, so cashing in at a lower price point makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    That was ToyWatch's whole business plan.