closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Boom !

Master

Boom !

'Boom!', indeed. Congratulations.

I thought they were some cheap Chinese knock-offs until I took a closer look and saw the brand name. They do nothing for me. But, each to their own. The grainy photos probably don't help.

I'm speechless... did you actually get this? If so, where did you find it? Holy grail doesn't even begin to describe it for me.

wow, just wow. watchmaking at it's finest. slightly better pictures here so people can appreciate it a bit more

https://www.acollectedman.com/produc...els-millennium

congratulations on a spectacular piece.

Two watches on different wrists, can we have some sort of write-up?
    Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH

Quote Originally Posted by joe narvey View Post

Is this what you were thinning out for? It does look very smart.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I’m surprised anybody is even allowed to wear one let alone buy one…or two!

Legendary watches!

"Boom" as in what?

Blog Entries
    Bit more details would be nice. Did you try them on in a shop? Or did you get the pair for yourself and significant other?
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

Master
    Apologies for the lack of explanation, it was a busy night. I went to an event last night and spotted a George Daniels, got chatting with him and his wife was also wearing one. He owns four and has a Roger Smith on order for delivery in 10years.

The photos were a mix of poor lighting and my iPhone. They were relatively small especially the ladies, but the contrast between the face and hands, the proportions were stunning.

Apologies for the lack of explanation, it was a busy night. I went to an event last night and spotted a George Daniels, got chatting with him and his wife was also wearing one. He owns four and has a Roger Smith on order for delivery in 10years.

The photos were a mix of poor lighting and my iPhone. They were relatively small especially the ladies, but the contrast between the face and hands, the proportions were stunning.
    Blimey. That's what you call disposable income!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Blimey. That's what you call disposable income!
    And an example of how the rich get richer, whilst flexing

I'll show my ignorance here...the auction site lists the movement as: "automatic-winding hand-made with Omega Co-axial". I realise that Daniel's invented the co-axial escapement that Omega subsequently acquired. I assume that the movements in these watches aren't just Omega movements and that they would have been hand made? Seems an odd way for them to describe it.

Sort of watch you never see in real life, or anywhere outside of auction house photos.

Lovely that he seems to have it in common with his wife.

Boom !

A friend of a friend owns one. I got to hold it for a few seconds which is probably the closest I’ll ever get to one.

Whether you like the aesthetics or not, just being that close to such a rare piece is quite awe inspiring for anyone with an interest in horology.

Quote Originally Posted by deepreddave View Post
    And an example of how the rich get richer, whilst flexing

Seems a curious statement on a watch forum, and surely a 'flex' would be some lurid look-at-me Rolex - not an obscure master of British horology that no normal person has ever heard of?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    Seems a curious statement on a watch forum, and surely a 'flex' would be some lurid look-at-me Rolex - not an obscure master of British horology that no normal person has ever heard of?
    Fair comment and I'm maybe being unfair, although it depends on the event/attendees. I just imagined the possibility such a valuable watch is worn, at least in part, as a conscious demonstration of wealth rather than purely for personal pleasure given the unfortunate risks in doing so but it was partly tongue in cheek.

Quote Originally Posted by jukeboxs View Post
    I thought they were some cheap Chinese knock-offs until I took a closer look and saw the brand name. They do nothing for me. But, each to their own. The grainy photos probably don't help.
    Agree, looks like a shopping channel watch.

I must admit the styling is not for me but the workmanship will undoubtedly be brilliant.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

Master

Boom !

Quote Originally Posted by deepreddave View Post
    Fair comment and I'm maybe being unfair, although it depends on the event/attendees. I just imagined the possibility such a valuable watch is worn, at least in part, as a conscious demonstration of wealth rather than purely for personal pleasure given the unfortunate risks in doing so but it was partly tongue in cheek.
    It was a horological event and the owner is a keen collector and expert horologist who knew George well.

There were plenty of very special watches in attendance, but these really stood out.

Regards demonstrating wealth, absolutely not. Like the sign at Geneva airport says, money talks but wealth whispers.

Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    Good points!

Amazing to see the number of comments that assume the watch with one sub dial and the watch with 3 sub dials are the same watch…
    Last edited by JGJG; 29th January 2023 at 12:08. Reason: typo

Don't know the history of those watches but looking at them would assume they are cheap mass produced watches. At least you wont get mugged wearing one.

You wouldn't wear one for its looks
    "A man of little significance"

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    I'll show my ignorance here...the auction site lists the movement as: "automatic-winding hand-made with Omega Co-axial". I realise that Daniel's invented the co-axial escapement that Omega subsequently acquired. I assume that the movements in these watches aren't just Omega movements and that they would have been hand made? Seems an odd way for them to describe it.
    Looks like a heavily modified ETA 2892 to me.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ditchvisitor View Post
    Built by Daniels - I would class those as “priceless” although they can be bought for large amounts of cash much like fine art (thinking Van Gogh) or musical instruments (thinking Stradivarius).

Anyway - it must have been a superb evening. Maybe you can say more and how you managed to be there (if that’s not impertinent?).
    Last edited by MartynJC (UK); 25th January 2023 at 22:09.
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

Blog Entries

Congratulations indeed on your new ownerships!!

I am not full conversant / educated so much on a examples of watches, so I found your excitement and the backreading on this thread a joy.

Enjoy and wear them in good health.

Also.. they are not 'showing wealth'. Dagenham Dave who sells cars and wears a "Rollie" is what I define as showy. You could wear these and literally nobody would even bat too much of an eyelid about them.. even though they magnificent of course.

Most excellent.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    Built by Daniels - I would class those as “priceless” although they can be bought for large amounts of cash much like fine art (thinking Van Gogh) or musical instruments (thinking Stradivarius).

Anyway - it must have been a superb evening. Maybe you can say more and how you managed to be there (if that’s not impertinent?).
    PM’d you.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gregory View Post

I am not full conversant / educated so much on a examples of watches, so I found your excitement and the backreading on this thread a joy.

Also.. they are not 'showing wealth'. Dagenham Dave who sells cars and wears a "Rollie" is what I define as showy. You could wear these and literally nobody would even bat too much of an eyelid about them.. even though they magnificent of course.

Most excellent.
    For the avoidance of doubt, I do not own these and I could not afford them!

Check out The Watchmaker’s Apprentice (on Amazon Prime) for anyone who wants to know a bit more. Amazing watches really.

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    No they’re entirely hand made (literally every part!), I don’t know how people have the patience for it but the end results are quite something.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by hansblix2001 View Post
    No they’re entirely hand made (literally every part!), I don’t know how people have the patience for it but the end results are quite something.
    No, they aren’t

https://www.danielslondon.com/anniversary/

“ The Millennium series was launched in 1998 to celebrate the acceptance of the Daniels Co-axial escapement by the Swiss watch industry, and were made using the first movements to contain the Daniels Co-axial escapement that came off the Omega production line.”

Ah interesting. The documentary suggests they made each part individually, maybe it was a different watch.

Quote Originally Posted by gregory View Post

Most excellent.
    Errr…