closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Disappointed a bit in the process of store purchases.

Apprentice

Disappointed a bit in the process of store purchases.

I hope to gain some insight on how to successfully make a purchase on the online store on Sunday mornings. It seems that every time I attempt to make a purchase on the online store for a long desired Smiths timepiece I miss out and all are sold. There is a very special watch that will be offered in 2023 that I need for a fact to know how to fast bid on it.
    I usually am in the body of the e-mail that was sent to me on the upcoming sale of the watch, usually as always it is on a blessed Sunday. I then use my cell phone as a count down timer as far as when the store opens this is due to the computer time being off, and once it opens I think I hit the tab "buy it" or something like that. It the site then takes me to options such as dial color then I fill in my name and some billing info. This time I opted to have the store save my info for shipping. I do the best I can but miss out every time by reading the header "Sold Out". So here it is guys, what am I doing wrong where I am missing out on the bidding. Thank you ahead of time for your advice.

Not doing anything wrong - you are just competing against hundreds of others.

I've never failed in the past...I make sure I am on my fastest connection, be ready five minutes before store opens and refresh repeatedly when it is due to open. I make sure autofill is going to help on the name/address/credit card details.

I don't think there is any secret...I think you've just got to work faster.

My last purchase was probably a year or so ago, so if it has become even more popular, like concert tickets, with so many people there might be a luck element too.

Luck must play a part - only time I've bought from TF I was over the line and done in under a minute and then the store stayed open another hour!

I cannot see the situation changing anytime soon. Timefactors was a small concern for enthusiasts and it will never be able to supply the whole world that is now knocking on the door.

Sorry guys but you are the problem. We still love you but there are just too many of you.
    "Owning one is almost as satisfying as making one." ~ Rolex 1973

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    Not doing anything wrong - you are just competing against hundreds of others.

I've never failed in the past...I make sure I am on my fastest connection, be ready five minutes before store opens and refresh repeatedly when it is due to open. I make sure autofill is going to help on the name/address/credit card details.

I don't think there is any secret...I think you've just got to work faster.

My last purchase was probably a year or so ago, so if it has become even more popular, like concert tickets, with so many people there might be a luck element too.
    Yea to that, I just have to hone in on my speed I guess, thanks.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by abraxas View Post
    I cannot see the situation changing anytime soon. Timefactors was a small concern for enthusiasts and it will never be able to supply the whole world that is now knocking on the door.

Sorry guys but you are the problem. We still love you but there are just too many of you.
    Too many people trying to tell time, lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by abraxas View Post

I always knew I was a problem child.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    Luck must play a part - only time I've bought from TF I was over the line and done in under a minute and then the store stayed open another hour!
    Ahh yes the fast food drive thru scenario. Massive line at the drive thru so you go inside where there is one person in front of you and you have to wait until the last car in line gets waited on as you are still waiting for your order. But to wait for a Smiths watch is worth it I am told. I can only wait for the Expedition, I really like the look of that thing.

Are you entirely sure you're getting the time right? E.g. at present we're on GMT/UTC, from March 26th to October 29th time will be GMT/UTC+1.

Other than that, you need to be signed-in to your account, with your shipping and payment details up-to-date, and be ready to bang your choice of watch into the cart and get it paid for the instant the store opens.

FWIW, your simile doesn't apply to my own experience - it was just a quiet day for whatever reason.