closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Hamilton 6B-9101000, looking for some advice please ?

Hamilton 6B-9101000, looking for some advice please ?

Hi All,

I have the opportunity to make an offer for the Hamilton 6B below from a dealer and I'm afraid my experience of these is verging on zero. It's currently not working so will need a service as a minimum and it looks like the crystal is damaged around the 5.

Does it look ok ? To my untrained eye it looks really nice in the flesh, also, I am unsure as to its current value so I'm not sure how much to offer. I've seen similar ones on ebay for eye watering prices that are out of my league.

Is there anything in particular I should be looking out for ?

Cheers

Simon

Ralph Waldo Emerson: We ask for long life, but 'tis deep life, or noble moments that signify. Let the measure of time be spiritual, not mechanical.

That’s a non hacking first version. Dial and caseback looks good as does the crown (rocking horse poo) there is a chip on the crystal but they are out there for replacement. Still has the graining on the lugs. All in all a good watch to my eye. Check the doohicky is in the case back (inner iron case cover) as these are also rocking horse poo to source but it will work perfectly without.
    These are one of my all time favourite military watches. It’s almost perfect in my opinion

My non hacking for comparison.

And with a hacking version - middle watch (and a few others)
    Last edited by Sinnlover; 19th January 2023 at 21:30.

Hamilton 6B-9101000, looking for some advice please ?

Yes, also a favourite of mine. The epitome of the British military three hander along with the Smiths W10, Omega 53 TA and IWC Mk11.

As mentioned above the movement ring might be missing. What’s the movement? Hamilton 75?

Values, not sure but thinking in working order:

Retail £2000
    EBay £1500-£1750
    MWR collector £1250

Budget to get it into decent order? £350?

Another watch where ten years or so ago there were loads around, now tied up in collections and becoming more valuable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Make sure you get the metal inner cover as previously mentioned. Cost me £50 10 years ago!

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Thanks so much for the replies, really good information for me to go on. Am going to nip out at lunch time and see if we can make a deal, will update later ;-)
    Cheers

Simon

Ralph Waldo Emerson: We ask for long life, but 'tis deep life, or noble moments that signify. Let the measure of time be spiritual, not mechanical.

PM me the dealer's address Simon; I may nip in before you and beat you to it.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by unclealec View Post
    PM me the dealer's address Simon; I may nip in before you and beat you to it.
    I’d have a similar thought! Lovely looking watch. An Omega ‘53 would edge it but this is a better value option I’d have thought.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by WORKSIMON View Post
    Thanks so much for the replies, really good information for me to go on. Am going to nip out at lunch time and see if we can make a deal, will update later ;-)
    Looking forward to the pictures on the Incoming thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ser3 J View Post
    I’d have a similar thought! Lovely looking watch. An Omega ‘53 would edge it but this is a better value option I’d have thought.
    I’m not so sure based on looks. I have a Hamilton 6B and it’s a keeper. I’ve had two Omega 53 FAs and sold both. I think the Hamilton is far more attractive. Maybe it was a bad decision to sell the Omegas, but I came to the conclusion that the FA dials are horrible. Ugly fat arrow and the minute & second track and hands just do not go together. Now a thin arrow is a different matter, but hard to find and expensive. Other than the dial, the Omega 53 is a nice chunky watch. Mmmm, perhaps I should have kept one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyCasper View Post
    I’m not so sure based on looks. I have a Hamilton 6B and it’s a keeper. I’ve had two Omega 53 FAs and sold both. I think the Hamilton is far more attractive. Maybe it was a bad decision to sell the Omegas, but I came to the conclusion that the FA dials are horrible. Ugly fat arrow and the minute & second track and hands just do not go together. Now a thin arrow is a different matter, but hard to find and expensive. Other than the dial, the Omega 53 is a nice chunky watch. Mmmm, perhaps I should have kept one.
    Fair one - that’s more direct experience than I have. I sold a Submariner at below retail in 2015 to buy a 53 FA from Sales Corner but that watch sold before I could complete. I’ve held a candle for a FA ever since. I’d be well satisfied with this Hamilton though!

I know nothing about these watches and am curious, how do you determine whether it is hacking or non-hacking visually?

Quote Originally Posted by Saxon007 View Post
    I know nothing about these watches and am curious, how do you determine whether it is hacking or non-hacking visually?
    There is no indication on the dial. The designations are different.
    6B-9101000 = non hacking
    6B-9614045 H-67 = hacking (most of the time they are referred to as a H-67)

Craftsman
    If the anti-mag cover is missing Antione makes a perfect replica replacement. I have an H M non hacker too and I agree, it's a great watch and a keeper. The OP example looks a really nice one, hope you agree a deal.

Quote Originally Posted by size11s View Post
    If the anti-mag cover is missing Antione makes a perfect replica replacement. I have an H M non hacker too and I agree, it's a great watch and a keeper. The OP example looks a really nice one, hope you agree a deal.
    More info please....cannot get anything on Google typing Antione and hamilton,covers etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    There is no indication on the dial. The designations are different.
    6B-9101000 = non hacking
    6B-9614045 H-67 = hacking (most of the time they are referred to as a H-67)
    Got it, thank you Sir.

Quote Originally Posted by amcneill View Post
    More info please....cannot get anything on Google typing Antione and hamilton,covers etc...

I think it’s Antoine rather than Antione and he’s a member of MWR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCasper View Post
    I think it’s Antoine rather than Antione and he’s a member of MWR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Found. Thanks. 75 euros if anyone's interested.