closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Premium vintage interest dead?

Premium vintage interest dead?

I've been a lurker for many years, in which time I've enjoyed thousands of posts but my favourites were always the grail searching Rolex 5513's and the like.

Many posts seeking advice on dials, hands, inserts, bracelet, boxes etc etc etc. But I can't remember seeing many recently, just the odd one on a Friday thread and maybe being sold.

Come to think of it, there's not much vintage chat with any brands in any price ranges.

Have the silly price increases done that or are vintage watches no longer a topic people are interested in?

Vintage is pretty much my my sole interest now (maybe not so premium dependant on view)
    Really nice prime examples are sown up in collections and if they surface they are transferred between other known collectors. Plebs like me don’t really get a look in.
    There are a few vintage collectors here but (not knocking the fan bois) they get drowned out by the price increase, wait list, threads that prevail all over the watch forums now.
    As I say not knocking it, as this is what the hobby has become and you choose to play or don’t, but a ‘vintage’ only section of the forum would be welcome.

Master
    I must say that ‘vintage’ chronos is my main area of interest, principally ‘60s & ‘70s, possibly early ‘80s, Omega, Heuer, Orfina Porsche etc. There’s no doubt that there appears to be a lot less interest now on TZ than a few years ago.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MacDeath View Post
    I've been a lurker for many years, in which time I've enjoyed thousands of posts but my favourites were always the grail searching Rolex 5513's and the like.

Many posts seeking advice on dials, hands, inserts, bracelet, boxes etc etc etc. But I can't remember seeing many recently, just the odd one on a Friday thread and maybe being sold.

Come to think of it, there's not much vintage chat with any brands in any price ranges.

Have the silly price increases done that or are vintage watches no longer a topic people are interested in?
    I expect interest in vintage Rolex will return a bit if the heat has gone out of the 6 digit stuff.
    I got dragged into 6 digit a bit to the detriment of a few great vintage pieces.
    I don't think there's enough interest for a separate vintage section but you never know.
    I'd also say the answers on most vintage stuff are already out there and folks probably refer to those.

We do have a few behemoths from the vintage scene as members though.
    Jedley,HM,Mike Wood,Lee Fowler,Alanski amongst the one's I know and a good few with impressive collections.
    Would be nice to see some more traffic on it.

Lower priced models are talked about. Some forums more than others.

High end vintage prices shot up along with the newer models, so I'm assuming not a lot (if any) buyers of such items on the site

5513's not that rare, but people paying as if they were etc.

Maybe hanging on to sell at a later date

I like vintage. I bought and sold vintage. Taught myself watchmaking, but also had two watch makers to help

All gone and prices too crazy to buy anything

Blog Entries
    There is a lot to like for a vintage Omegas. I know a few TZrs who collect these at low cost. I did dabble is the vintage scene for a while with 5513 and a couple of Omega.

I now tend to stay with new or current models, though a 16660 would not be sniffed at if it was at the right price - I should never had let mine go.
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DONGinsler View Post

I like vintage. I bought and sold vintage. Taught myself watchmaking, but also had two watch makers too …
    Sound like a story to be told?

Master
    I've run vintage cars and watches for quite some time but they do come with their "eccentricities"! Anything "old" needs regular "fettling" and as I get older, I have to let someone else do it, so my cars and motorcycles have gone (and my watches will be going soon!). To answer your question, I don't think that the interest is dead but perhaps dwindling as the modern way seems to be "I want it and I want it now!" ????

Master
    I am guessing that someone who researches a vintage Rolex or any other vintage make and then takes ages to find a good one is the type of person who will hang onto it and more than likely pass it onto a family member after their decease.

Buying a new watch is dead easy to buy and sell and hence much more topical.

- Lack of interest / money / (horological) intelligence / time
    - Too risky and expensive (including servicing)
    - The trend for latest bling and larger watches
    - More chance of being scammed now than in the past (e.g. Chinese knock-offs)
    - Newer members likely younger and captured by the above

Mick's line about passing down as heirlooms, I believe this only applies to a random few (maybe just the one).

As to be being a long-time lurker, don't put yourself down OP, you've been trolling for as long as I can remember.

Finally, OP, have you ever shared any photos of your watches? I'm sure you've said you own some, but don't think I've seen any. I can't see any of your posts in the Friday thread, you spend most of your time in the BP / Sales Corner thread.
    Last edited by jukeboxs; 14th January 2023 at 13:10.

Quote Originally Posted by jukeboxs View Post
    - Lack of interest / money / horological intelligence / time
    - Too risky and expensive (including servicing)
    - The trend for latest bling and larger watches
    - More chance of being scammed now than in the past (e.g. Chinese knock-offs)
    - Newer members likely younger and captured by the above

Mick's line about passing down as heirlooms, I believe this only applies to a random few (maybe just the one).

As to be being a long-time lurker, don't put yourself down OP, you've been trolling for as long as I can remember.

Finally, OP, have you ever shared any photos of your watches? I'm sure you've said you own some, but don't think I've seen any. I can't see any of your posts in the Friday thread, you spend most of your time in the BP / Sales Corner thread.
    Thanks for that thorough insight of yours and others. Personally I consider vintage has gone too far away to come back and the interest goes back no further than thirty years these days.

No, don't share photographs. Mick P told us it was a security risk and I like to follow members advice, especially when there are members violating others falsely assumed internet privacy amongst us.

As to what I post, where and when, well, that's my prerogative isn't it?

No, don't share photographs. Mick P told us it was a security risk and I like to follow members advice, especially when there are members violating others falsely assumed internet privacy amongst us.
    That’s a fair point, giving away too much information on the internet is a real risk. Some watches are very distinctive and easily attributed to members past and present. Plus backgrounds can give away locations, even skirting boards can be a clue to some internet sleuths.

Master
    These things go in waves. Vintage being available and (relatively!) cheaper drives interest. That in turn pushes prices up, and combined with some better availability of new models the interest will wane. With less liquidity in the world vintage prices are coming down, so I suppose at some point we'll see the interest pick up.

At in-person meets I take / show what I wear, but I tend not to do online for privacy / security reasons. But well over half what I own are vintage (60s through 90s), in part due to preference for many older designs, in part due to utter disengagement with the 'games' that tend to go with buying new (lists and the like).

There are a lot of vintage collectors on here, but most of the collections and pieces have been posted already I guess .
    Cheers..
    Jase

When I joined here in 2010, it was all Red Subs and Double Red Sea Dwellers. Vintage interest seems to have cooled as new Rolex availability diminished and they in turn became hot.

Part of me would love a matte maxi dial 5513, but there are so many molested watches on the market that you absolutely have to buy the seller. The sellers with expertise and honest watches charge quite a premium for that peace of mind. As these are over 40 years old maintenance and preservation becomes challenging as they get older. I reluctantly think the vintage ship has sailed for me.

Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grand Master
    Vintage Rolex scene/market has been spoiled by the crazy increase in values coupled with an obsession over 'originality' and minor details. It ceased to be fun a long time ago, thankfully I never got drawn into the madness.

The market/interest in vintage Omegas from 1950s-70s seems strong, the same obsession for so-called 'originality' hasn`t managed to spoil it or drive prices to daft levels. Service/maintenance is getting harder owing to scarcity of parts and the Swatch Group reluctance to make them generally available.

Many people seem to distrust vintage watches because they've had a bad experience with a poor example or they become influenced by such tales and anecdotes.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    Vintage Rolex scene/market has been spoiled by the crazy increase in values coupled with an obsession over 'originality' and minor details. It ceased to be fun a long time ago, thankfully I never got drawn into the madness.

The market/interest in vintage Omegas from 1950s-70s seems strong, the same obsession for so-called 'originality' hasn`t managed to spoil it or drive prices to daft levels. Service/maintenance is getting harder owing to scarcity of parts and the Swatch Group reluctance to make them generally available.

Many people seem to distrust vintage watches because they've had a bad experience with a poor example or they become influenced by such tales and anecdotes.
    The market in vintage Rolex is a totally different market to new new blingy models and both attract different type of people.

Increasing values make the watches more valuable and that fact alone help to strengthen the urge for originality etc.

I am now done with buying watches so I have no dog in this war but any collectable item always goes up in value, that is a simple fact of life.

I’m sure there are plenty of knowledgeable vintage collectors still here.
    Perhaps we just don’t require much input from others as we already know most of the (vintage) answers?
    Also I for one have no interest in vulgar arguments regarding how much this or that is worth or whether prices are going one way or another.
    Additionally this forum has become quite antagonistic towards other members/opinions, not unlike society in general, conflict seems to be the norm nowadays.
    How boring.

I think the majority of my collection is vintage, premium is subjective I suppose... With due diligence and patience there are lots of quality watches available and you dont have to break the bank.
    Cheers, Martin

Master
    Personally, I’ve never been able to get my head round paying huge amounts of money for something with decaying hands and plots, aged dial etc and maybe an old rattly bracelet and potentially over polished case.

Gives me a headache thinking about the possible pitfalls!

Each to their own of course :)

I’m definitely on the new side of things.

I've hunted for, and owned, vintage watches for the best part of twenty five years. But the allure is fading. They're delicate, impractical often irreplaceable.

So I've often toyed with the notion of selling most of my vintage watches and buying just three or four modern watches.

Last year I swore I'd do it this year, and right now I'm certain I'll do it next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    Plus backgrounds can give away locations, even skirting boards can be a clue to some internet sleuths.
    And kitchen tables. You forgot to mention the kitchen tables.

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...=1#post2097096
    Last edited by Carlton-Browne; 14th January 2023 at 16:46.
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

Master
    It’s a fair point, you used to see a lot more interest in vintage. It’s unusual to see a post on something like an Omega F300 these days, for instance. There are probably a few factors at work. It’s not as easy to find beautiful bargains as it used to be, the information is out there and the prices are higher, so it’s a bit less easy and rewarding to hunt them. It’s also been a golden age for new watches, with lots of releases, many of which have been vintage styled or influenced. The re-released VC222 and Royal Oak frenzy shows there’s plenty of interest in vintage styles, but in new form. Perhaps fashions have changed too, remember vintage obsessed hipsters? Long gone now.

Most of my collection is still vintage or at least older models though, and the only thing I’ve picked up lately is a 1977 IWC electronic. I still prefer 5 figure Rolex, though the styling of the new ones have been edging back in that direction. I also prefer older DJs and the Oysterquartz, and love a 60s Seiko. So that hasn’t changed, I’m just not hunting after and posting new ones, the right time to buy them was some time ago.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    even skirting boards can be a clue
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton-Browne View Post
    And kitchen tables. You forgot to mention the kitchen tables.
    Are these vintage or modern? Asking for a friend...

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    F300?

omega?

Decay

What’s it worth?

I reckon that’s worth 1000 words of opinion on this.
    Last edited by M4tt; 15th January 2023 at 16:41.

Vintage? Love 'em. Premium vintage? That ship sailed for me long ago. Always wanted a 5513 or a 1665 but prices are out of reach now, unless I chucked all the eggs in the one vintage basket.

Prefer to dabble in the historically interesting, but more affordable end of the market:

Some been and gone:

There were others but the photos got disappeared with the Photobucket debacle a few years ago.

Thanks for the comments so far.

I particularly would be interested in posts of more than photographs, but stories erc. yes, some will have been posted before, but nothing wrong with hearing about your journey as we sit currently.

Fingers crossed!

I’ve owned a handful of vintage watches over the years. It can be a minefield, and certain models went crazy price wise.

I’d say that the recent increase in some modern watches and brands has put some vintage models back on the map and within thoughts and grasps of a lot of people, where they might not have given a second thought to them previously.

As an example, Ł10k-Ł12k for a modern Sub or SD certainly makes an older model look a lot more attractive to me.

Edited to add - even looking at Seiko, some modern pricing for run of the mill models makes tracking down a very nice original a worthwhile endeavour for some - watches that you wouldn’t have paid very much for even 5 years ago are starting to fetch much higher prices. Some would prefer a nice original to a modern homage, but for others the appeal of a new watch with all that entails can prove to be very alluring and compelling.

Older Omega, Longines, and various others have always presented good value compared to others, but for how much longer…
    Last edited by Omegamanic; 15th January 2023 at 15:09.
    It's just a matter of time...

This is a gorgeous piece of vintage, posted recently on the Omega appreciation thread.

One of the problems with vintage (from my perspective) is knowing whether parts are still available.

Sent through the ether by diddling with radio waves

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the comments so far.

I particularly would be interested in posts of more than photographs, but stories erc. yes, some will have been posted before, but nothing wrong with hearing about your journey as we sit currently.

Fingers crossed!
    some repeat posts(slightly updated): words and pics

Patek 5146/J, 2006 - may not class as vintage but it is now discontinued and is nearly seventeen years old now. This will never leave my collection as it was bought in memory of my mother. Also the functions mean when I reach the end of my days I’ll still know what day, date and even month it is.

Rolex Air-King-Date, 1978. My Dad’s old watch so again not going anywhere. Smallest watch in my collection original hands and dial and sympathetic polish in 2016 – it functions perfectly. Original box and papers showing purchase price of Ł250 and full service history.

These are ones that have been and gone - for reasons mentioned previously

This may be a WatchCo reedition.

The ride has been fun
    Last edited by MartynJC (UK); 15th January 2023 at 22:03.

Well I love vintage and found over the last year or so off selling them off was very difficult to sell and everyone was a pretty good one most box and papers. 1680s to 5513s, 1016s to ed white to 1985 speedmaster moonphase. Kept one vintage piece 1655 rail dial.

I feel folk would rather buy a modern crisp fresh piece looks the business and plenty warranty than spend 15k on say 5513.

Get a nice brand new submariner date 5 year warranty for 12k unworn and have change lol

Sent from my SM-A325F using TZ-UK mobile app
    Last edited by bokbok; 16th January 2023 at 00:52.

It feels like the up to Ł5k market that previously would have got you into a 5513's etc still exists albeit smaller, but they're focusing on watches that're still in that price bracket. Speedmasters being a good example. If you're spending Ł15k on a watch it's more likely to be a new one, as I imagine it was before.
    My take is that the market is still there, but the watches we'd associate with it have changed. I could be completely wrong?

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    The fact is that it is still relatively easy to pick up watches with lovely movements, storied histories or great looks for tens of pounds on ebay. This fact makes a mockery of watches that cost thousands of pounds for an entirely machine made, rarely human finished watch.

The last few comments sum up my own theory, that is it simply consumerism today and everyone wants shiny new things.

Those entering the 'hobby' are very much modern focused and those who have been in it for years have waned somewhat too, as the interest doesn't seem to be there as once was, so we don't see many posts shared.

I focused the title on 'premium' as I think there will always be those who tinker, but the vintage Rolex for example has just got far too expensive for those other than hardened collectors.

I feel the vintage market is very much alive but doesn't appeal as much to the masses as they tend to be smaller in design, less bling and no where near enough wrist flex.

Having recently traded a Rolex OP36 against a Explorer 114270 I could not be happier. The OP was mainly brushed and relatively small by todays standards but it felt very jewellery like and shiny. The Explorer on the other hand although not yet vintage feels like it came from a different era and wears completely different in a positive way.

I would take a 5513, 14060 every day over a 114060 or 124060.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by post 33
    The fact is that it is still relatively easy to pick up watches with lovely movements, storied histories or great looks for tens of pounds on ebay. This fact makes a mockery of watches that cost thousands of pounds for an entirely machine made, rarely human finished watch.
    Quote Originally Posted by post 34
    The last few comments sum up my own theory, that is it simply consumerism today and everyone wants shiny new things.
    Eh?

Quote Originally Posted by boring_sandwich View Post
    I feel the vintage market is very much alive but doesn't appeal as much to the masses as they tend to be smaller in design, less bling and no where near enough wrist flex.

Having recently traded a Rolex OP36 against a Explorer 114270 I could not be happier. The OP was mainly brushed and relatively small by todays standards but it felt very jewellery like and shiny. The Explorer on the other hand although not yet vintage feels like it came from a different era and wears completely different in a positive way.

I would take a 5513, 14060 every day over a 114060 or 124060.
    Completely agree, and maybe your post answers the point when a 114270 comes into a vintage discussion.

Those entering the 'hobby' are very much modern focused and those who have been in it for years have waned somewhat too, as the interest doesn't seem to be there as once was, so we don't see many posts shared.

I focused the title on 'premium' as I think there will always be those who tinker, but the vintage Rolex for example has just got far too expensive for those other than hardened collectors.
    From a long time member, who rarely posts on this forum, and a lover of all vintage watches. I agree that the vintage Rolex market is now for those with deep pockets, but dead? No - pre ‘89, rare and prime condition examples will always be sought after. For those joining the hobby, the pricing of many brands are exorbitant these days, hence the popularity of the sub Ł5k watch, whether it be vintage, micro brand, or Ernest Jones.

Disclaimer: opinions may vary on this subject

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    I have a love/hate relationship with vintage. Sometimes my collection has had a few, other times none.
    Try as I might I cant get to grips with wearing watches that I worry about getting wet. Im a consummate cleaner of watches so not being able to give them a scrub and a dunk really makes me twitchy which switches enjoyment to stress most of the time.
    Total shame as id wear more vintage than modern if my brain wasn't ridiculous.
    5 digit neo vintage works best for me as I have both worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    Agreed the 5 digit neo vintage has the best of both worlds.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    I have a love/hate relationship with vintage. Sometimes my collection has had a few, other times none.
    Try as I might I cant get to grips with wearing watches that I worry about getting wet. Im a consummate cleaner of watches so not being able to give them a scrub and a dunk really makes me twitchy which switches enjoyment to stress most of the time.
    Total shame as id wear more vintage than modern if my brain wasn't ridiculous.
    Steel is steel - if you have a decent case and, in any post war variant, the Oyster is a decent case, then with new gaskets and a check for pitting, you have a waterproof watch. The same is true for a host of Seikos, pretty well anything in a Borgel or Taubert case, quite a few Dennison and Star cases and most of the mainstream Swiss and American makers. If you are really worried, get a Jenny or an old Certina DS1. If a watch was waterproof then and it's in good nick with fresh seals, I can't see why it wouldn't be now.

Case in point - the Hamilton CLD.

Like so -

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/265413685...Bk9SR4CtgKW3YQ

imagine that with a new crystal and a bit of coddling, especially when it's rocking this:

https://www.buzzufy.com/blog/2018/09...ons-and-photo/

Which has plates and bridges of nickel silver rather than cheap nasty brass as used by Rolex, Patek and other lesser brands.

Just a thought...
    Last edited by M4tt; 16th January 2023 at 12:32.

Master
    When I first engaged with tz-uk, friends advised me not to post vintage Rolexes lest others saw it as showing off. With values having soared enormously since then, that advice has stayed in my mind. It is a difficult balance and there are many including this correspondent who will always love to see the fabulous pieces that others have. The Omega chronograph earlier in this thread is exquisite and I had never seen one like it before. So, I try to strike a balance and post when there is a story or watch with enough interest in its own right, or to answer / make a relevant point.

I think that with the explosion of accessible information which the internet has allowed over the last 20 years collector interest is now deeper than ever, but the media through which it appears is changing. I was happiest in "forum" days where a proper discussion in responses of more than 250 characters was allowed, but a certain amount now takes place in short, quickly lost Instagram or Twitter posts. At the very highest levels of collector niches there are "underground" WhatsApp groups where small groups of collectors and owners of bona fides may share information knowing that it is private.

Still waiting for approval to join the Cellini WhatsApp group.

Master
    Vintage watches are definitely my main interest having only one modern watch in my collection.

Personally, I find vintage watches more interesting than modern ones although some of the modern reissues are very well done. Saying that, given the chance to own a reissued piece or the original, I would always choose the original.

But, in vintage watches, there exists a very fine line. That line being simply a watch that is too old to be worn regularly and safely. I’ve had a few old watches that just feel way too old to wear all the time so, they would need to languish in a watch box for starring at or be sold. Needless to say all my watches are serviced and capable of being worn any time I want.

In terms of pricing, vintage Rolex has really ruined the whole market to a degree as high vintage Rolex prices drag the whole market upwards.

I’d love a 1016 Explorer or 5513 but can I justify spending over 10k on a good one. No chance.

I used to love vintage Rolex but it got to a point where even if I could afford a particular watch, it felt to me like there was zero value in it. That for me was the time to start looking at other brands.

For me, I found vintage Seiko and get an huge satisfaction from learning about the watches and hunting down particular models. I can honestly admit, many moons ago, I used to look down my nose at Seiko. Funny how times change as I enjoy them immensely now.

Quote Originally Posted by Haywood_Milton View Post
    Your request has been approved.
    Look forward to you posting your vintage Cellinis on the group:-)

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    When I first engaged with tz-uk, friends advised me not to post vintage Rolexes lest others saw it as showing off. With values having soared enormously since then, that advice has stayed in my mind. It is a difficult balance and there are many including this correspondent who will always love to see the fabulous pieces that others have. The Omega chronograph earlier in this thread is exquisite and I had never seen one like it before. So, I try to strike a balance and post when there is a story or watch with enough interest in its own right, or to answer / make a relevant point.

I think that with the explosion of accessible information which the internet has allowed over the last 20 years collector interest is now deeper than ever, but the media through which it appears is changing. I was happiest in "forum" days where a proper discussion in responses of more than 250 characters was allowed, but a certain amount now takes place in short, quickly lost Instagram or Twitter posts. At the very highest levels of collector niches there are "underground" WhatsApp groups where small groups of collectors and owners of bona fides may share information knowing that it is private.

Funnily enough, I've seen one very similar and, as stories were asked for, here's one:

https://www.intlwatchleague.com/show...verest-in-1953!

Quote Originally Posted by M4tt View Post
    Funnily enough, I've seen one very similar and, as stories were asked for, here's one:

Interesting. And impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by M4tt View Post

Interesting, but there is no particular reason why that watch should be specifically an Omega. I am quite convinced it is a Lemania driven chrono, because Lemania movements are characterised by having pushers closer to the crown than most contemporary movements (see above, usually at 11 and 19 minutes, not 10 and 20), but there is no reason why that watch could not be a Lemania or Tissot, which used the same movement (CH27 or CH27 12). It could be almost identical to the one I have currently on SC for instance, which predates the Everest expedition, and has the round waterproof pushers the photos seem to show.

Back on topic, I do agree that the forum has lacked more in-depth posts, which seem more suited to the finding and obtaining of good vintage watches. I have posted less of tgem myself, because my collecting has slowed (good stuff is no longer affordable to me) but also it doesn't seem to get much traction here any more, it gets drowned out by a plethora of short "look at this" posts.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    Interesting, but there is no particular reason why that watch should be specifically an Omega. I am quite convinced it is a Lemania driven chrono, because Lemania movements are characterised by having pushers closer to the crown than most contemporary movements (see above, usually at 11 and 19 minutes, not 10 and 20), but there is no reason why that watch could not be a Lemania or Tissot, which used the same movement (CH27 or CH27 12). It could be almost identical to the one I have currently on SC for instance, which predates the Everest expedition, and has the round waterproof pushers the photos seem to show.

Back on topic, I do agree that the forum has lacked more in-depth posts, which seem more suited to the finding and obtaining of good vintage watches. I have posted less of tgem myself, because my collecting has slowed (good stuff is no longer affordable to me) but also it doesn't seem to get much traction here any more, it gets drowned out by a plethora of short "look at this" posts.
    As I said at the beginning, I was alert to that possibility, but I couldn't find anything else that early which met all the criteria - in this case, yours onoy has two subdials rather than three. If anyone can give me an example that hits every criteria it's you, so I'd be grateful if you'd have a go. As you can see later on in that thread, I got pushed quite hard on the identification and challenged the chap to find such a watch, so there were at least two people looking for it.

I'm slightly different. I'm less and less interested in flash and very happy to hoover up stuff that is peanuts, but interesting for a host of reasons but which Hodinkee hasn't blessed with the internet seal of approval. Mostly I don't write much about this, because I learned years ago that while few people get involved in an interesting conversation, the price on ebay goes up rapidly. It's just not worth it. So apart from posting things to dismay and amuse Rajen, I don't see the point.
    Last edited by M4tt; 16th January 2023 at 17:42.

Master

Can I ask why you don't sell vintage watches(Vintage Rolex being particularly in your sphere of interest) ?

Another vintage watch lover here.

I do also think there is less vintage content on here than there used to be. When I purchased this Pie Pan Constellation late last year I was surprised it wasn't snapped up quickly, which led me to an impulse purchase. But it quickly became one of my top 3 most worn now in my collection.