closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: If you won £100M Euromillions jackpot, which watch(es) would you buy? and why?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by unclealec View Post
    The entire sin catalogue.
    I see what you did there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Curta View Post
    More than 170 of your posts have been since 1 January, a rate of well over 3,000 per year.

Despite what you claim, it does appear that you are pelting hell-for-leather for the promised land by posting any old tiresome dross.
    So what , don't read it .

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    Maths is not you strong point is it?, your inane nonsense will be your undoing.

Crack on divvy.
    Is your forum ?

Originally Posted by ChronoPantera

"says the man with 41,089 posts

your post rate is 2162 per year !!!

mine is less than 198 per year

enough said i think"

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    Maths is not you strong point is it?, your inane nonsense will be your undoing.

Crack on divvy.
    I've got a maths/physics degree, but you need to be about nine years old to follow my calaculation.

let me break it down into something that maybe even you can follow Chris_in_dim_UK

you've now done 41,130 posts in approx 19 years. therefore your rate of posting is 41,130 divided by 19 . ie approx 2164 posts per year.

I've now done 202 post in just over 1 year. therefore my rate is 202 divided by 1 so approx 202 posts per year.

so your rate is 10 times as many as my post rate, so you shouldn't be whingeing about it.

DIVVY !!!

Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    the irony. (hint: check out verv’s posts). On a more friendly note. Do join the next vGTG and we can explain where my profile photo is derived from. :-)

as far as the watches go.

I’d be happy with a 6102P to add to my collection.
    Martyn, pardon my ignorance but what is vGTG you refer to ?

platinum or rose gold 6102p ?

(I like the 5004T)

You need to be about six years old to follow my calaculation:

Of your 202 posts, you've made 180 in the last three weeks. Your average posting cadence during that time has been higher than Chris's or anybody else's.

Your posts are also having the highest BS factor of any poster.

The two combined make you an insufferable annoyance.

I can't wait until you arrive in the BP and I can translate the above into clear language.
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    You need to be about six years old to follow my calaculation:

Of your 202 posts, you've made 180 in the last three weeks. Your average posting cadence during that time has been higher than Chris's or anybody else's.

I can't wait until you arrive in the BP and I can translate the above into clear language.

bla bla bla

water off a ducks back, i don't give a monkeys what you think Raffe.

i've never heard such nonsense about this reaching 250 posts. it's totally irrational.

Incidentally if everyone on this forum had an attidude like yours i'd delete my account now.

HOWEVER fortunately that is NOT the case.

(I started my first thread on 8th December, which is nearly 2 months ago, so thats approx 102 posts per month, which is less than half of YOUR rate of 271 per month, so get your facts right before you start your aiming your drivel at me)

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoPantera View Post
    I started my first thread on 8th December, which is nearly 2 months ago, so thats approx 102 posts per month

Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Craftsman
    bla bla bla

water off a ducks back, i don't give a monkeys what you think Raffe.

i've never heard such nonsense about this reaching 250 posts. it's totally irrational.

Incidentally if everyone on this forum had an attidude like yours i'd delete my account now.

HOWEVER fortunately that is NOT the case.

(I started my first thread on 8th December, which is nearly 2 months ago, so thats approx 102 posts per month, which is less than half of YOUR rate of 271 per month, so get your facts right before you start your aiming your drivel at me)
    As an outsider viewing this thread, I think you may possibly be mistaking quantity for quality whether you mean to or not. For example, a large proportion of your posts over the last month have been very short and not on topics related to horology at all.

I'm no expert but as a word of advice, I think you need to consider what you seek to gain from being a part of the community as coming in all guns blazing will likely see you being ostracized.

Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    As an outsider viewing this thread, I think you may possibly be mistaking quantity for quality whether you mean to or not. For example, a large proportion of your posts over the last month have been very short and not on topics related to horology at all.

I'm no expert but as a word of advice, I think you need to consider what you seek to gain from being a part of the community as coming in all guns blazing will likely see you being ostracized.

I thank you for your polite comment, (unlike some of the others i've had.)

Over the Christmas holidays i had plenty of time on my hands, and thus was pleasantly surprised to find a whole host of topics on TZ, (alongside horology), which i also find interesting, such as motorbikes, cars, film, cooking, etc etc. Therefore i started posting on all these different threads, without realising my post rate might be of concern to some members.

I started 2 horology related threads, and a classic car thread, and have been posting on those, alongside other topics of interest to me.

(However over the last month, I've been too busy with work commitments to get on TZ as much as previously.)

when i started this thread, I suddenly started to get comments that seemed unnecessarily dramatic, and thus i replied to some of them "all guns blazing"

for example Raffe's post,

"You need to be about six years old to follow my calaculation:

I can't wait until you arrive in the BP and I can translate the above into clear language."

i found this comment somewhat OTT, and was thus robust in my reply, and don't make any appologies for doing so.

However I am wondering there is something more than just being able to post on sales corner when 250 posts is reached ? as there seems to have been a sizeable hullaballo with some members, about my seemingly reaching that mark too quickly ?

All very amusing, and somewhat mysterious !!

You really are the poo that won’t flush

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    You really are the poo that won’t flush

Bob The Floater: all sweetcorn, all of the time...

Pompous, self-important, humourless, content-free sweetcorn.

Another one for the 'ignore' list.

I can't help thinking that the analogy can be extended to now seeing this thread as an effluent discharge from the Bear Pit...

M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

I'd just buy perfect original, unpolished, versions of the watches I've sold over the years:

Siffert Autavia
    PloProf
    Marine Chronometer
    Speedmaster 321
    6105-8110
    Red Sub
    Tudor Sub

and so on. All of which I regret selling. And the fun will be in the hunt.
    "A man of little significance"

Mine would be a bit of an amalgam of things I have always wanted but never thought attainable for cost reasons

MN Tudor Snowflake
    Titanium Ploprof
    Breguet Type XXI
    Issued Zenith Tipo CP2

Ones that I could have bought but didn't when they were affordable
    Rolex 16710
    Heuer Autavia Black PVD
    Lemania SAAF (1872 version)

And I would definitely be commissioning someone to make me my perfect watch using the Lemania 5195 movement

I have no particular need for anything from the upper stratosphere of watches.

Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    Bob The Floater: all sweetcorn, all of the time...

Pompous, self-important, humourless, content-free sweetcorn.

Another one for the 'ignore' list.
    This reminds me of a priest in secondary school we all called Father Sweetcorn

He was quite a suspect guy and the nickname came as we thought given the chance he'd have his lad right up your poo pipe

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    This reminds me of a priest in secondary school we all called Father Sweetcorn

He was quite a suspect guy and the nickname came as we thought given the chance he'd have his lad right up your poo pipe

You, sir, have just redeemed this entire thread

If I had won £100m on the Lottery, I think watches would be the last thing on my mind!

Ferrari F40, a ski lodge in Beaver Creek and about 3 months on a diving holiday would be where I started!

M

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

I'm waking up to the realisation that I don't need the number of watches I have, but with a big chunk of change - I'd probably splurge on:

• Blancpain FF Barakuda
    • Bremont Martin Baker white face
    • S/H Comex Seadweller - the bestest condition, fullest documentation model I could find.
    • S/H An original Blancpain Fifty Fathoms.
    • S/H A Snoopy Omega Moonwatch

Then - I'd sell off all but a couple of my current collection.
    Last edited by blackal; 16th February 2023 at 21:11.

Blog Entries

Cool

Martyn, pardon my ignorance but what is vGTG you refer to ?

platinum or rose gold 6102p ?

(I like the 5004T)
    vGTG is the online virtual get together unlike real life impromptu regional GTG that sometimes occur. (I organised a couple of events for the Surrey region while living there). I set up a virtual GTG via zoom back in covid days and we used to meet quite regularly. Just this year we have decided to meet online on the last Thursday of each month.

Send me a PM if you want to join in and I can send you the link details. A little contribution to the TZ fund would be appreciated but not mandatory as the zoom license comes out of our own pocket. Beer or whiskey drinking is encouraged but again not mandatory. Most topics covered and we even talk about watches occasionally!

rose gold for me.
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

Given that kind of money, I'd probably try to buy Dave Scott's Apollo 15 EVA Bulova chronograph.
    It last sold at auction in October 2015 for $1.625M.

Reason ? Well I'm into one of a kind space flown watches and Bulova seem incapable of manufacturing a decent tribute watch.
    Last edited by Seiko7A38; 20th February 2023 at 10:34.

Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    Mine would be a bit of an amalgam of things I have always wanted but never thought attainable for cost reasons

MN Tudor Snowflake
    Titanium Ploprof
    Type XXI
    Issued Zenith Tipo CP2

Ones that I could have bought but didn't when they were affordable
    Rolex 16710
    Heuer Autavia Black PVD
    Lemania SAAF (1872 version)

And I would definitely be commissioning someone to make me my perfect watch using the Lemania 5195 movement

I have no particular need for anything from the upper stratosphere of watches.
    Same here virtually; buy those which have since gone beyond my 'reasonable', Zenith A277/DeLuca/Cairelli, Airan/Breguet XX's, some old Heuers, a RAAF Lemania [Dave - see MWR on the Aussie 5100 origins fyi] and so on. The only Rolex I'd want would be a 1655 Explorer.

The only 'expensive' watch I hanker for is a Universal Geneve Cairelli HA-1 [one for sale now on Chrono24, a v v v rare bird].
    Last edited by andy111s; 20th February 2023 at 17:24.

Craftsman
    If I won £100M on Euromillions I think I'd start off by buying an IWC Mark XX on bracelet. I'd then start collecting the rest of the IWC Mark watches. What can I say. I like 'em!

Haywood Milton and Mike Wood’s collections would do nicely:-)

Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    Haywood Milton and Mike Wood’s collections would do nicely:-)
    I think you might run out of cash with that one.....