closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If you won £100M Euromillions jackpot, which watch(es) would you buy? and why?

If you won £100M Euromillions jackpot, which watch(es) would you buy? and why?

7 watches on my list.

For daily wear ....

1) Glashutte SeaQ chrono - like the classic look and it's a bit different to the 'usual' brands. I really like the movement. a work of art.

TZ 1 Glashutte-Original-SeaQ-Chronograph.jpg

2) AP RoyalOak Chrono 'One Drop' charity Auction' limited edition 1 of 1 - Black Ceramic - love the look of this, and it's ceramic so the PVD coating wont wear off !! It's an AP chrono in black, so what's not to like.

TZ 2 audemars-piguet-unique-piece-black-ceramic-chronograph-charity-auction-tw.jpg

For Special Occassions .....

3) must have a Tourbillion - Blancpain fifty Fathoms Tourbillion - I think the combination of divers watch with a tourbillion, which make this really unusual. The only gold watch in my selection. as it's a tourbillion I think gold suits it.

4) must have a Patek - Patek Phillipe 40th Anniversary flyback chrono in steel. like the Nautilus, and the 40th Anniversary is extra special.

For when i feel like a classic watch.....

5) Rolex Jean claude Killy chrono in steel with black face. classic at it's best i think

6) Panerai WW2 radiomir - Beautiful simple Panerai style.... history on the wrist

Finally for very very special occassions - the holy grail for me

7) Paul Newmans' 'Paul Newman' - love any Daytona Paul Newman chrono, but might as well have a real one owned by the man himself !! as it sold at philipps for $17.7m, it would be VERY expensive to secure it !!

Maybe an obvious choice but I like it.
    Last edited by ChronoPantera; 13th January 2023 at 01:08.

For Special Occassions .....

3) must have a Tourbillion - Blancpain fifty Fathoms Tourbillion yellow gold - I like the combination of divers watch with a tourbillion, which make this unusual. The only yellow gold watch in my selection. as it's a tourbillion I think the blingier yellow gold suits it.

TZ 3 blancpain fifty fathoms tourbillon.jpg

4) must have a Patek - Patek Phillipe 40th Anniversary flyback chrono in white gold. I like the Nautilus, and the 40th Anniversary is extra special.

TZ 4 Patek Nautilus 40th Anniversary flyback chrono.jpg

Master
    Blog Entries
    I'd get a piece unique Patek, Pan-Am GMT and I'd buy my own AD!

For when i feel like a classic watch.....

5) Rolex Jean claude Killy chrono in steel with black face. classic at it's best i think

TZ 5 Rolex JC Killy black face chrono.jpg

6) Panerai WW2 radiomir - Beautiful simple Panerai style.... history on the wrist

TZ 6 panerai WW2 Radiomir.jpg

NOTE please read this from post 1 in ascending order, as i could only post 2 photos at a time.

Finally for very very special occassions - the holy grail for me

7) Paul Newmans' 'Paul Newman' - love any Daytona Paul Newman chrono, but might as well have a real one owned by the man himself !! as it sold at philipps for $17.7m, it would be VERY expensive to secure it !!

Maybe an obvious choice but I like it.

TZ 7 paul newman 17.7m dollars philips.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by pete-r View Post
    Good point Pete,

could have anything bespoke made to order, and good idea having your own AD !!

cherry pick all the best new releases as they come out !!

I'd invest in starting my own manufacture and then make my own!

Given that I am most unlikely to win the big prize as I don't buy a ticket, were I to come by that sort of sum I certainly would not blow it on a hugely expensive watch that I currently do not covet.
    In fact the most likely outcome watchwise would be that I would employ a hitman to take out Andyd30, having previously established with his family that I covet his Enicar.
    I often ponder how I would cope with a massive cash arrival. I honestly can't think of anything major that I want to purchase; happy with The Hovel, cheap to run, handy for the hospital and mortuary, parakeets in the garden, what's not to like?
    I enjoy making my new cars much more than buying them.
    A newer model of wife would probably have me scampering off to the nearby mortuary much sooner than I intend, so one of them is definitely off the cards. Anyway, I find myself warming to my present wife and think I could grow quite fond of her if I give it time. After 55 years I suppose they become a bit second nature.
    No descendants to consider, not that I would.

No. Nothing to contribute to this fantasy thread.
    Last edited by unclealec; 15th January 2023 at 13:28.

I'd take one of these.

Quote Originally Posted by unclealec View Post
    Given that I am most unlikely to win the big prize as I don't buy a ticket, were I to come by that sort of sum I certainly would not blow it on a hugely expensive watch that I currently do not covet.
    In fact the most likely outcome watchwise would be that I would employ a hitman to take out AndyD, having previously established with his family that I covet his Enicar.
    I often ponder how I would cope with a massive cash arrival. I honestly can't think of anything major that I want to purchase; happy with The Hovel, cheap to run, handy for the hospital and mortuary, parakeets in the garden, what's not to like?
    I enjoy making my new cars much more than buying them.
    A newer model of wife would probably have me scampering off to the nearby mortuary much sooner than I intend, so one of them is definitely off the cards. Anyway, I find myself warming to my present wife and think I could grow quite fond of her if I give it time. After 55 years I suppose they become a bit second nature.
    No descendants to consider, not that I would.

No. Nothing to contribute to this fantasy thread.
    Congrats on 55 years with the missus, that's good going by any stretch of the imagination.

Sorry to hear that you don't wish to to offer up a fantasy purchase.

I seldom do the EuroM either but just thought it would be a bit of fun to see the forum threw up. (not literally i hope)

(however you kind of did make a choice with the Enicar anyway !!)

which model Enicar is it ? a Sherpa ?
    Last edited by ChronoPantera; 13th January 2023 at 02:02.

Methinks one of these:

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoPantera View Post
    7 watches on my list.
    Please, please, make it stop.
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

If you won £100M Euromillions jackpot, which watch(es) would you buy? and why?

Quote Originally Posted by pete-r View Post
    Yes, buy a Rolex AD (preferably with long lists) and close it.

Alec has it nailed :)

I do think so many expensive watches are, well, a bit crass; happy with my lot.

Master
    I’d be buying the most complete and original 5517 money could buy. And that would probably be game over for me

Master
    Commision a Roger Smith
    A nice Original 60's / 70's Heuer Chrono
    EZM1

That's it I think.

I'd try to source a birth year and month 62mas and get it overhauled mechanically and possibly a quartz GS as a daily. Not bothered about the 'exotic' stuff.

What are your 24 favourite bits of furniture to photograph watches on? That’s 24 posts, 48 if you split the photos and the text.

I'd commission a piece by Roger Smith to own a watch made by him. Additionally, I would buy as many George Daniels one-off pocket watches, and an example of each of his wrist watches as came on the market and have them displayed somewhere in the UK for all to wonder at his genius.

Last edited by Skier; 14th January 2023 at 21:17.

If I were that wealthy I would probably commission something so then I would have a unique watch.

Master
    A somewhat ironic thread, consumerism rules OK in TZ-UK.

Speaking for myself, I would will the lot to my kids and let them spend it as the wife and I are happy with what we already have.

Sod the watches. Hair transplant, Hollywood teeth and a Latvian lap dancer with big t……..

I expect I'd get a few "expensive" watches from my wish list

Jaeger LeCoultre Duometre Chronograph

Glashutte Original Pano Reserve

Ressence Type 1 Slim

Rolex Daytona 116500LN - White Dial

Audemars Piguet Royal Oak

Then a few less expensive from the same list

Omega Speedmaster 50th Anniversary "Patch"

Sinn 103 Ti Diapal

Finally I'd buy the best examples I could find of some of the watches I regret selling

Seiko MM300 LE SBDX012

Tudor Oysterdate 79260

Omega Speedmaster X33 Skywalker

Heuer Autavia - 2446C

Bulova Marine Star

Heuer Autavia - Siffert

Glashutte Original - Sport Evolution

Damasko DC57

IWC Aquatimer 3538-03

That would still leave plenty to buy a few nice cars, motorbikes, holiday homes etc. AND set the kids up for life AND give a lot to charity.
    Last edited by andy tims; 13th January 2023 at 11:16.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Master
    All of them.

Seriously, a sum like that is basically a bottomless pit. I would continue to buy at a rate of knotts and never sell another watch. I'd have a museum level collection of retro Seiko and vintage Omega, along with the usual list of so-called "important" watches. Plus whatever else takes my eye over the next several decades...

Honestly, between cars, watches and video games I would leave my kids an absolute nightmare of "stuff" to sort through when I'm gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    Please, please, make it stop.
    The idea of this post was a bit of fun,

It's January, it rains a lot, it's cold, and i thought it might be a bit of an uplift to see what people post.

surprised by the amount of negativity from some of these posts.
    Last edited by ChronoPantera; 13th January 2023 at 12:14.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoPantera View Post
    The idea of this post was a bit of fun,

It's January, it rains a lot, it's cold, and i thought it might be a bit of an uplift to see what people post.

surprised by the amount of negativity from some of these posts.
    Don't worry, he only posts about Bitcoin and harasses new members, plus of course his full time role as sales corner administrator. You'd never know it was a watch forum.

Me, it's a tough choice, as I have all my grails, but sure having £100m would lead me to splashing out on some never looked at pieces.

Master
    The problem for me would be that they become meaningless when you can have any. The process of getting one might become so simple it loses the joy. Plus the fact that you'd probably still worry about them getting nicked however much it no longer matters. I would probably have a ceiling for anything I bought maybe £50K max at a guess.

Probably wouldn't want anything rediculously expensive.

1. Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch Professional. Because they're lovely, but beyond my present means.

2. CWC Valjoux 7733 Pilot Chronograph. Because they're nice, but I'd need a windfall to see past the obscene price.

3. Birth year Smiths W10. Because.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Spend money on a watch?

I'd just hire a man to tell me the time whenever I needed to know it...

"In my sudden rush to 250 posts, which thread will I start next?"

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    The EXP2 1655 has always been high on by desire list, so one of those.

And then 3 tropicals - Patek 3800, 1680/1675.

MOP dial pastel FF because I wouldn't have to worry about never being able to sell as it's pretty gross but I like it.

American release of the JLC memovox tribute to deep sea alarm.

And finally the GO Original 70s chronograph with orange dial on bracelet & rubber.

Think along with my pre-existing stash that would be me done so id then turn my attention to having a Frank Lloyd Wright designed house built in Scotland with a safe to keep them all in.

One can dream I suppose!

First thing I'd buy wouldn't be a watch, it'd be a watch forum.

This watch forum.

Then I would have a fun afternoon banning all the Runners, charity-shop clothing traders, scalpers, shills, bots, shoulderchips, stealth-dealers, and anyone who starts a Rolex thread without first searching to see if it had been posted previously... (It's always been posted previously you unimaginative numbnuts).

Then for the ultimate in s**** & giggles, I'd make Raffe chief moderator and leave him to hand-pick his own team.

After that, (assuming I didn't die laughing), I'd buy Sinn or Damasko, and have them make watches to my own design, just for me - no-one else would be allowed to buy them.

Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post

After that, (assuming I didn't die laughing), I'd buy Sinn or Damasko, and have them make watches to my own design, just for me - no-one else would be allowed to buy them.
    Well that’s not fair!

Quote Originally Posted by zodiac View Post
    Sod the watches. Hair transplant, Hollywood teeth and a Latvian lap dancer with big t……..
    Big Tudors?

H6

Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH

Master
    Blog Entries
    A. Lange Zeitwerk or a Roger Smith.....oh what the hell, for that money I'd go full George Daniels!

Grand Master
    Blog Entries

This watch forum.

Then I would have a fun afternoon banning all the Runners, charity-shop clothing traders, scalpers, shills, bots, shoulderchips, stealth-dealers, and anyone who starts a Rolex thread without first searching to see if it had been posted previously... (It's always been posted previously you unimaginative numbnuts).

Then for the ultimate in s**** & giggles, I'd make Raffe chief moderator and leave him to hand-pick his own team.

Can I change mine to first thing id do would be to buy whoever supplies your internet and switch it off?
    You can still have the sinn and damaskos.

Sunning on a beach somewhere I would buy one of these and place it with my ice cold drink next to my sun bed as I wouldent need or want a watch on my wrist :)

All these I'd buy a Rolex...... lol

You'd be asked to join the waiting list more like

Journeyman
    I wouldn't buy a watch. Instead I'd employ staff to make this kind of minor purchasing decision for me whilst I pondered my next move towards world domination.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    All these I'd buy a Rolex...... lol

You'd be asked to join the waiting list more like
    I don't think grey dealer prices would be too much of a problem.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    Can I change mine to first thing id do would be to buy whoever supplies your internet and switch it off?
    You can still have the sinn and damaskos.

See, the fun's started already, and I don't even own the forum, yet...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilipK View Post
    Spend money on a watch?

I'd just hire a man to tell me the time whenever I needed to know it...

I was thinking along the same lines but I suspect it might be an comely wench I’d employ.

This watch forum.
    It's hard to believe that it's over 7 years since Eddie almost did sell the forum. I do still wonder about the future . . .
    F.T.F.A.

£100m, watches would be the last thing on my mind. But I’d by a GMT something or others because I’d make the most of life and travel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitfitter View Post
    I was thinking along the same lines but I suspect it might be an comely wench I’d employ.
    Wench or wenches?

Quote Originally Posted by jukeboxs View Post
    "In my sudden rush to 250 posts, which thread will I start next?"

Wow i didn't realise i got a free Ferrari and the keys to the town when i reached 250 posts ?

or maybe i become a grand wizard, and suddenly i can play Beethovens piano concerto blindfolded with one arm ?

I can't contain the excitement to find out which.

if you're bothered I might want to post something for sale, sorry to burst your bubble but i've got no current plans to sell anything on here.

really don't understand why you and a few of your pals have taken umbrage, as I thought the idea of a forum was to post stuff ?

Master
    Blog Entries
    I'd travel the world looking for the right watch. Probably sell it after a few weeks and do it all again.

Quote Originally Posted by vRSG60 View Post
    £100m, watches would be the last thing on my mind. But I’d by a GMT something or others because I’d make the most of life and travel.
    Sounds pretty sensible to me.

Any watches I wanted to buy should I have this sort of cash would not be up to the sort of life I would lead, so would sit in the safe (if that makes sense?). There are a number of vintage watches I would acquire though.
    SM300 issued
    CWC diver from 1980
    But other than that I am not sure the collection would change much from what I currently have.
    Last edited by Sinnlover; 13th January 2023 at 22:09.

If I had £100m I would not need to know the time, except for when I need to check in for my flight. A Casio Gshock will do.