closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: New releases - random chat

Doxa have released a smaller chronograph https://monochrome-watches.com/intro...d-specs-price/ the 'tiffany' blue and orange do look nice

Master
    New breitling premier look nice but 7k+ !

https://www.breitling.com/gb-en/watches/premier/premier-b01-chronograph-42-my23/AB0145221B1/

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by McBeardy View Post
    Doxa have released a smaller chronograph https://monochrome-watches.com/intro...d-specs-price/ the 'tiffany' blue and orange do look nice
    Nice

New release from Sartory Billard- stainless steel, bracelet sports watch with 100m WR. Can customise the dial to your heart's content.
    https://sartory-billard.com/produit/...ature-edition/

Quote Originally Posted by wigdog View Post
    New release from Sartory Billard- stainless steel, bracelet sports watch with 100m WR. Can customise the dial to your heart's content.

Must admit, I find that a very pleasing-looking thing, and not absurdly priced.

Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    Must admit, I find that a very pleasing-looking thing, and not absurdly priced.

Nice dial, case is very Overseas-ish however the bracelet in the pics looks not the greatest fit and finish IMHO

Hate watches with a nameplate on the dial.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Nice dial, case is very Overseas-ish however the bracelet in the pics looks not the greatest fit and finish IMHO
    I can't see much wrong with the bracelet but would be nice to try it first. I contacted them today and they say they are working on a micro adjust system as well.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by wigdog View Post
    Just browsed their website, thanks for the link. If the quality in person matches that in the pictures, then they make a very nice watch imo.

Quote Originally Posted by j111dja View Post
    The Wise Adamascus AD7 series.

https://wisetimepiece.com/collections/adamascus-ad7

My personal favourite.
    Those look really good. And at a reasonable price too.

Apprentice

New releases - random chat

I was kindly asked to remove it
    Last edited by AAMC; 26th March 2023 at 13:34.

Apprentice
    New Bvlgari Octo Roma

Craftsman
    These look great - are these prediction mock ups or real?

Quote Originally Posted by AAMC View Post
    New IWC Ingenieur

Master
    New IWC Ingenieur
    Oh my, if that’s for real then that’s very interesting news, this thread is the only place I’ve seen these images, and Google reverse image search appears to agree. Of course a new Ingenieur is very much expected, and this looks plausible. Similar to the previous version but bringing back dial texture and making the crown guards more subtle, while staying relatively thin. An Ingenieur greatest hits compilation that’s fairly true to the original. And of course an on trend green version.

But is this thread really the first place in the world to see leaked images of this major release, casually dropped without comment? I wonder if there is any more information from our mysterious occasional poster from Lisbon on the source of these…

The images were on Instagram but have now been removed. They match previously leaked information on other forums about dial colours: black, silver/grey and teal. I think one of the models is reported to be titanium and fully brushed - probably the silver by the looks of those pics. Price rumoured to be around 12k USD. If the bracelets come with micro adjust in the clasp and are quick release so that rubber and leather straps can be fitted easily (and ideally would be supplied with the watch), I think it'll be pretty popular.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by TH14TH14 View Post
    The images were on Instagram but have now been removed. They match previously leaked information on other forums about dial colours: black, silver/grey and teal. I think one of the models is reported to be titanium and fully brushed - probably the silver by the looks of those pics. Price rumoured to be around 12k USD. If the bracelets come with micro adjust in the clasp and are quick release so that rubber and leather straps can be fitted easily (and ideally would be supplied with the watch), I think it'll be pretty popular.
    Yes, they popped up on my Instagram feed

The watch looks great, but £10k+ ?!!

Almost everything IWC makes is at least a couple of grand too expensive

New IWC Ingenieur

Nothing to dislike here, but equally, if this was a lesser or micro brand, it would be mercilessly sneered-at for its neither-fish-nor-fowl styling, low-effort updates and me-too colours; pricing it >£10K - just demented, definitely one for the wild-eyed fanbhois. It'll undoubtedly be a big success.

Nothing to dislike here, but equally, if this was a lesser or micro brand, it would be mercilessly sneered-at for its neither-fish-nor-fowl styling, low-effort updates and me-too colours; pricing it >£10K - just demented, definitely one for the wild-eyed fanbhois. It'll undoubtedly be a big success.
    Nice enough but makes the AMG Black Series I’m thinking of buying for less than £5k look ‘cheap”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone know the case size of the new Ingenieur? I liked the previous version but it wore too big for my puny wrists.

Sent from my SM-S911B using Tapatalk

New IWC Ingenieur

This is for me is bland, boring and looks like a million other microbrands.

Can’t for the life of me see 10k of value for this lazy jumping the shark watch. For me IWC are only on a downward spiral

Quote Originally Posted by paw3001 View Post
    This is for me is bland, boring and looks like a million other microbrands.

Can’t for the life of me see 10k of value for this lazy jumping the shark watch. For me IWC are only on a downward spiral
    Disagree. This is on my want list, and I think it's the loveliest pilot chrono I've ever see.

IWC are making some lovely stuff, albeit overpriced like all the higher-end brands.

Quote Originally Posted by Itsguy View Post
    An Ingenieur greatest hits compilation that’s fairly true to the original.…
    Albeit bearing absolutely no resemblance, at all, to IWC’s original Ingeniuer…

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 11erv View Post
    Albeit bearing absolutely no resemblance, at all, to IWC’s original Ingeniuer…
    I guess he meant the 70s Genta redesign version, as we know there are two completely different styles of IWC ingenuirs. The original original ingenuir was a tad tired looking even in the 70s. Hence they got Genta to redesign with the below back then.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Disagree. This is on my want list, and I think it's the loveliest pilot chrono I've ever see.

IWC are making some lovely stuff, albeit overpriced like all the higher-end brands.
    Have to agree Tony IWC are coming good with in house movements (sort of) and finally making watches in more sensible sizes

The 388 range of pilots in 41mm superb I bought a Green 388103 last year and have worn little else since it’s legible.

I just hope they don’t price themselves out of the market.
    Last edited by TKH; 26th March 2023 at 14:20.

Quote Originally Posted by ac11111 View Post
    I guess he meant the 70s Genta redesign version, as we know there are two completely different styles of IWC ingenuirs [sic]. The original original ingenuir was a tad tired looking even in the 70s
    My tired looking original original Ingenieur

Master
    Blog Entries
    If those IWC pics are genuine, unless they have been incredibly inventive it looks like no micro adjustment as it’s a butterfly type clasp. This is a significant miss for me, especially as their pilot watches have such a good on the fly system. IIRC bracelet sizing was a gripe with the 3239 version too.

Lovely that.

Sent from my SM-A217F using Tapatalk

Seems to be another pic of an Ingenieur.

Glad you can find something you like but I feel very differently. The movements are still pretty pedestrian and I would be expecting a little more than a jazzed up bought in movement at this cost. Plus the day date just looks a little lazy to me.

For me, IWC are the pinnacle of just coasting on their heritage and name with little if any innovation and charging for the pleasure. Wake me up when they do something actually interesting!

Master
    That looks just like the old Jumbo SL? Sweet though

Master

That’s a lovely example, though the relaunch of the below is a no brainer, Genta design same year as Nautilus. The Portuguese and portofino line already gives them plenty of traditional dress watch design.

Master

This is the original I believe. The “leaked” ones have the indentation aligned to the 12 o clock and sport some crown guards

Quote Originally Posted by Ar.parask View Post
    This is the original I believe. The “leaked” ones have the indentation aligned to the 12 o clock and sport some crown guards

Yes, far too well proportioned to be a new release. IWC mostly serves up bloated dinner plate sized wrist fayre these days

Ignoring the fact that it's not actually the watch originally being discussed, it's a style of watch I personally like very much, but I've bothered to check into a dealers and handle some to see if they're worth the stiff prices and they just left me stone cold. Oddly and unconvincingly 'blingy' in-the-metal for a tool watch, with hands and dial having a very stamped-from-thin-sheet-metal look to them. Pad-printed dials are really nothing special in this day-and-age, and using the same undersized movements for even the largest variants (look at the day/date position) is also underwhelming. Trading on their name too much with present pricing, but then that's all a lot of people seem to want - the name.

Quote Originally Posted by TKH View Post
    Have to agree Tony IWC are coming good with in house movements (sort of) and finally making watches in more sensible sizes

The 388 range of pilots in 41mm superb I bought a Green 388103 last year and have worn little else since it’s legible.

I just hope they don’t price themselves out of the market.
    LOVE the green dial, too.

Ignoring the fact that it's not actually the watch originally being discussed, it's a style of watch I personally like very much, but I've bothered to check into a dealers and handle some to see if they're worth the stiff prices and they just left me stone cold. Oddly and unconvincingly 'blingy' in-the-metal for a tool watch, with hands and dial having a very stamped-from-thin-sheet-metal look to them. Pad-printed dials are really nothing special in this day-and-age, and using the same undersized movements for even the largest variants (look at the day/date position) is also underwhelming. Trading on their name too much with present pricing, but then that's all a lot of people seem to want - the name.
    Disagree about the handset (I’ve handled one as well). As for the movement size, the subdials are perfectly positioned; I accept that the day/date window could be slightly closer to the indices but it’s nowhere near being enough of an issue to put me off buying.

I didn’t find it blingy either, or at least no more so than other IWC pilot watches on bracelets.
    Last edited by learningtofly; 26th March 2023 at 20:27.

You never disappoint John, beautiful watch!
    Wish they were reissuing this one

Beautiful. Should probably have kept mine.

Inevitable we'd see a release of a new ingenieur and I sorely hope it does come with a micro adjust. Does look a tad late to the market and maybe a bit boring. I like the satory billard better. Pretty happy with my ingenieur, just out of the safe. It'd be on bracelet if I could get a damn half link!

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

That is beautiful

Master
    Looking through the thread, the new Ingenieur models are nice enough, but don't really do anything for me. Meanwhile the older images look fantastic.

Curious if IWC have it right and they'll hit the modern taste preference. Also if this will appeal to original Ingenieur fans, or to a different audience.

New Ingys on the IWC site but come on! £10.5k!!!! And £12.9k for the ti model!

https://www.iwc.com/gb/en/watches.ht...B&gclsrc=aw.ds

Apprentice
    New Ingys on the IWC site but come on! £10.5k!!!! And £12.9k for the ti model!

https://www.iwc.com/gb/en/watches.ht...B&gclsrc=aw.ds
    13K€ in my country for the steel version

Master
    Any chance these eventually end up at second hand market for half? The dimensions are on the sweet spot! At last normal size…

Why did I sell my Ingenieur for €3.000 in the past?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Zenith have launched a new pilot range. The vanilla pilot 40 is gorgeous

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Time Cat View Post
    Any chance these eventually end up at second hand market for half? The dimensions are on the sweet spot! At last normal size…

Why did I sell my Ingenieur for €3.000 in the past?
    It’s the same dimension as my 2010s discontinued version IW3239 being 40mm and my one is thinner at 10mm vs 10.8mm for the new one. Bit of a forgotten model…

Last edited by ac11111; 27th March 2023 at 09:28.

Master
    Blog Entries
    My favourite release today. Too expensive at 6700 steel or 8500 ceramic but once they start to discount or hit the used market...

Master
    Blog Entries

The Oris ProPilot Kermit. A bit odd..

https://www.oris.ch/en/kermit?mc_cid...eid=f6c8e88c34

It isn't cheap either........

https://www.oris.ch/en/watch/propilo...-7778-7157-set
    Last edited by j111dja; 27th March 2023 at 12:40.