A new Longines LD:

39mm case.

47mm lug to lug.

No date.

Black or blue dials.

Beads of rice bracelet.

https://www.fratellowatches.com/hand...nd-diver-39mm/

I really like the look of this.
    Damn I really like this as well. Gives the JLC Polaris a serious run for its money too. Superb release.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiserphoenix View Post
    Damn I really like this as well. Gives the JLC Polaris a serious run for its money too. Superb release.
    Agreed. £3k is not bad for a COSC certified exclusive movement in a 300m diver, from a storied brand. Nice looking and whilst the compressor -style diver is some what ubiquitous, I struggle to think of a nicer looking one.

Blue or black, blue or black?

By contrast, the new Seiko marinemasters are not my cuppa at all! It looks like they’re running out of ideas.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Idontgram View Post
    Agreed. £3k is not bad for a COSC certified exclusive movement in a 300m diver, from a storied brand. Nice looking and whilst the compressor -style diver is some what ubiquitous, I struggle to think of a nicer looking one.

Blue or black, blue or black?

By contrast, the new Seiko marinemasters are not my cuppa at all! It looks like they’re running out of ideas.
    Yes and not to mention superb ergonomics with 39mm, 47mm l2l and 20mm lugs, with a bracelet with micro adjust holes. Really well done and ISO certified to top it all off.

Im tempted to go for the Blue on bracelet personally.

Glad to see they finally fixed that hour hand with full lume! Awsome legend diver now.

Sent from my SM-M325FV using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by gbn13 View Post
    A new Longines LD:

39mm case.

47mm lug to lug.

No date.

Black or blue dials.

Beads of rice bracelet.

https://www.fratellowatches.com/hand...nd-diver-39mm/

I really like the look of this.
    Very much like the look of this and I've always wanted a compressor but £3k seems steep to me and I'm not sure I'd buy one over a bb58. Might make a good used buy in a few years?

Quote Originally Posted by kaiserphoenix View Post
    Im tempted to go for the Blue on bracelet personally.
    Tbf it looks amazing! https://youtu.be/Du1ByvYVRqo?feature=shared

Master
    That is indeed a lovely watch! Great dimensions too! I m glad to see that there seems to be a trend in smaller watches.

Craftsman
    If I didn't already have a 2005 non-date of the 42mm version, I'd be after one of these. The 42mm version wears quite big thanks partly to the lug-to-lug measurement and whilst 42mm was the size of the original Legend Diver, this 39mm size is perfect. I anticipate they will add more colours in line with the 42mm and 36mm versions in due course and that may be when I'll consider adding a 39mm. Longines has been on a great run the past few years.

New sleeker 39mm Moser Streamliner with enamel dial looking as stunning as it is unaffordable (~30K)!

Master
    That's lovely.

Quote Originally Posted by Itsguy View Post
    Damn, love this dial! Case shape is a ringer for a vintage IWC Yacht Club, and probably a few other watches too. 39mm and far from expensive, with a diving model too, but this one is the real looker. Fun in the dark too with lume on all the dots.

https://timeandtidewatches.com/marna...urge-hands-on/
    I really like the look of this!

There would be import duties to pay (they ship via DHL from Croatia) but still a reasonable price.

Does anyone on the forum own one?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post

There would be import duties to pay (they ship via DHL from Croatia) but still a reasonable price.

Somebody does, because I've seen it one of the Friday threads. I can't remember who it was though.

Very nice looking watch.

Master
    I rather like the look of this aventurine dialled CW C63 Celeste, baby brother to the aventurine moonphase. A simple enough watch apart from the oversized hour hand, but it will be extremely sparkly with that aventurine dial, definitely something for the festive season. The brand seems to be going the right way generally now they’ve figured out their branding, the dial works well with the minimal and enigmatic logo too (Swiss flag meets English flag in case anyone is still puzzled, clever design IMO).

Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    New sleeker 39mm Moser Streamliner with enamel dial looking as stunning as it is unaffordable (~30K)!

Was about to post similarly. What a stunning watch (and price),

Craftsman

I used to own the Seascape 200. I bought it around three years ago and had great service including direct contact from Mario, the owner. Mine was the original model with a Miyota movement and assembled in Hong Kong. They are now made in Germany with a Sellita SW200-1. The quality of the watch in terms of finish and the dial was great.

I went through a Super Compressor (style) collecting phase and when I moved on, so did most of the collection, including the Marnaut. I often wish I had kept the Marnaut and I may well buy another.
    Last edited by SteveDSSD; 17th November 2023 at 20:43.

The Legend Diver I always craved:

Shame they chose white lume. I like the vintage and green lume on the original.

Anyone mentioned the Le Mans Daytona, as a matter of interest? White gold, reverse panda, new style symmetrical case, 4132 (yes) movement, LE, £50k+, don’t bother trying.

Absolute stunner IMO.

Last edited by learningtofly; 17th November 2023 at 21:04.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Anyone mentioned the Le Mans Daytona, as a matter of interest? White gold, reverse panda, new style symmetrical case, 4132 (yes) movement, LE, £50k+, don’t bother trying.

Absolute stunner IMO.

Looks like the scouser had bagged one.

Quote Originally Posted by beechcustom View Post
    Very much like the look of this and I've always wanted a compressor but £3k seems steep to me and I'm not sure I'd buy one over a bb58. Might make a good used buy in a few years?
    Retail on brands on this is just to make the real prices look like a deal.

Absolute stunner IMO.
    It is indeed very nice. A bit more in my league would be this one...

Seiko SBDL085, aka Speedtimer. ProspeX logo kills it for me again though.

One without, and a shade of yellow that reminds me of the old Orient 300m diver, is this Seiko 5, the SSK017:

Perfect timing for the summer. Wait...

Master
    Blog Entries
    This is a beauty:

https://kuronotokyo.com/pages/chronograph-3

First thing of theirs that I find myself coveting.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Fullbreakfast View Post
    Somebody does, because I've seen it one of the Friday threads. I can't remember who it was though.

Very nice looking watch.

+1 would be interesting to hear from an owner on the forum and see a picture or two, I missed it on the Friday thread.

+1 would be interesting to hear from an owner on the forum and see a picture or two, I missed it on the Friday thread.
    I've been informed that they will be offering 20% off for Black Friday...

Really like this except the way they've split the "AUTO" and "MATIC" looks absolutely horrendous. If you must shorten it go for just "Auto" which at least means something. Matic doesn't mean anything. It's like MS Word didn't have room in the line for it all so broke it up and they didn't notice. Rarely does writing on a dial annoy me but that ruins the whole thing here.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by tobywatches View Post
    Really like this except the way they've split the "AUTO" and "MATIC" looks absolutely horrendous. If you must shorten it go for just "Auto" which at least means something. Matic doesn't mean anything. It's like MS Word didn't have room in the line for it all so broke it up and they didn't notice. Rarely does writing on a dial annoy me but that ruins the whole thing here.
    I agree that does stand out, given that they managed to cram three lines of wider text at the 12 side, where it looks a touch cramped. Nonetheless not a deal breaker at that price, especially with a Black Friday discount to offset the VAT - thanks for that info Rocket Man. I really shouldn’t be buying any more watches but this one is tempting me, amazingly the other half even nodded approvingly so it seems a bit rude not to!

I agree that does stand out, given that they managed to cram three lines of wider text at the 12 side, where it looks a touch cramped. Nonetheless not a deal breaker at that price, especially with a Black Friday discount to offset the VAT - thanks for that info Rocket Man. I really shouldn’t be buying any more watches but this one is tempting me, amazingly the other half even nodded approvingly so it seems a bit rude not to!
    I'm tempted to get one myself. I've just read that the Safe Harbour is inspired by a late 60s Grand Seiko that the brand's founder purchased for his wife. That explains why I like it so much!

https://www.acquiremag.com/style/mar...oatia-showroom

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokyo Tokei View Post
    It is indeed very nice. A bit more in my league would be this one...

Seiko SBDL085, aka Speedtimer. ProspeX logo kills it for me again though.
    But that's a Seiko, when Rolex changes some colours and dials it's big news ;)
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

Quote Originally Posted by tobywatches View Post
    We really do explore some first world problems here, don't we?

I have no problem with you disliking it, but it doesn't bother me in the slightest and aside from being something that influences your decision to buy or not, it's of no consequence.

In contrast to some big brands need to put the first chapter of a novel on a dial, this is nothing.

M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post

I have no problem with you disliking it, but it doesn't bother me in the slightest and aside from being something that influences your decision to buy or not, it's of no consequence.

In contrast to some big brands need to put the first chapter of a novel on a dial, this is nothing.

M
    Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post

M
    Fair play. We’d have a dull forum with no opinions. Enjoy your new watch - I’m certainly not judging anyone who likes it!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Daddelvirks View Post
    But that's a Seiko, when Rolex changes some colours and dials it's big news ;)
    Like a moth to the flame (yawn).

Master
    Blog Entries
    Just when you thought Unimatic was the most tedious microbrand out there, producing 100 slight variations on basically the same watch, here's the same watch but with Mickey Mouse on it:

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/hi...-mouse-watches

To be fair, I think these are the nicest Mickey Mouse watches I've seen.

I'm tempted to get one myself. I've just read that the Safe Harbour is inspired by a late 60s Grand Seiko that the brand's founder purchased for his wife. That explains why I like it so much!

https://www.acquiremag.com/style/mar...oatia-showroom
    The case certainly resembles a 5641-7000

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 50kopek View Post
    The case certainly resembles a 5641-7000
    Probably a bit closer to this one, 4522-7010?

https://thespringbar.com/blogs/guide...lectors-guide/

Nivada Grenchen with a 35 mm manual winder, with 3 dial options black, white and eggshell...dinky but appealing and seems very true to the watch it's based upon and a lavender dialled version of the Antarctic Spider

https://www.facebook.com/NivadaGrenchenOfficial/
    Last edited by Passenger; 21st November 2023 at 15:34.

Being a Speedtimer owner, I'm loving these new Seiko Speedtimer models:

https://www.seikoboutique.co.uk/shop/new-in/

Last edited by j111dja; 21st November 2023 at 20:20.

Quote Originally Posted by j111dja View Post
    Being a Speedtimer owner, I'm loving these new Seiko Speedtimer models:

https://www.seikoboutique.co.uk/shop/new-in/

These look amazing. Slim vertical clutch chrono, well priced at around £2.3k. I can't imagine anyone seriously going for a Sinn or a Longines ahead of one of these so I'd imagine this gives Seiko a chance to make inroads in the mid-tier price segment. Heck of a lot of watch for the money.

I'd be interested to see some real life pictures because the way thr end link meets the case looks odd on the Seiko website.

Nice watches, wish they were 40mm and had shorter lugs.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    These look amazing. Slim vertical clutch chrono, well priced at around £2.3k. I can't imagine anyone seriously going for a Sinn or a Longines ahead of one of these so I'd imagine this gives Seiko a chance to make inroads in the mid-tier price segment. Heck of a lot of watch for the money.
    They do look very nice indeed, but not sure I would categorise 14.6mm as slim.

They do look very nice indeed, but not sure I would categorise 14.6mm as slim.
    Yeah fair point well made. Suspect the crystal will be a big part of that 14.6mm but you are correct

Quote Originally Posted by kace View Post
    I'd be interested to see some real life pictures because the way thr end link meets the case looks odd on the Seiko website.

Nice watches, wish they were 40mm and had shorter lugs.
    It appears to be a convex design between the lugs that curves outwards towards the lug ends. I like it including the 42mm case. It's all personal choice of course.

Here's a video I spotted today:

https://youtu.be/loE0-CescNE?si=IajrKisFHeF1tDgQ

Having just viewed the video, that me placing this one on the purchase list. I know how good these movements are.

I spotted the curved end of the main chronograph hand. A nice touch.

Which one to go for is the question. That silver dial looks rather nice.
    Last edited by j111dja; 22nd November 2023 at 13:37.

Probably a bit closer to this one, 4522-7010?

https://thespringbar.com/blogs/guide...lectors-guide/
    That could certainly be it.

Just when you thought Unimatic was the most tedious microbrand out there, producing 100 slight variations on basically the same watch, here's the same watch but with Mickey Mouse on it:

When Mickey's hands don't show the time, then it's not a Mickey Mouse watch.
    THIN is the new BLACK

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by abraxas View Post
    But then Unimatic wouldn't have been able to use the same hands they always use, when making the same watch they always make. Sacrilege.

Hey, at least it's an ethos.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Yeah fair point well made. Suspect the crystal will be a big part of that 14.6mm but you are correct
    I should think you're right that the crystal is about 2mm of that so will seem thinner. The thickness would not put me off, but sadly the diameter and lug-to-lug are slightly bigger than what works for me.

Then there is the whole 'not having any spare money for watches' thing.

Quote Originally Posted by abraxas View Post
    Although in another way it is, of course.

Although in another way it is, of course.
    Best me to it

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Personally I quite like their watches however this one, when you have the reviewer even struggling to say anything positive its not a good start.

I mean I am sorry, you can get a watch with Micky Mouse printed on the dial for about 30 quid on Amazon if thats your thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    Nivada Grenchen with a 35 mm manual winder, with 3 dial options black, white and eggshell...dinky but appealing and seems very true to the watch it's based upon and a lavender dialled version of the Antarctic Spider

https://www.facebook.com/NivadaGrenchenOfficial/
    Looks like that lavender spider already went! Very handsome watch that one.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk