closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New Christopher Ward Twelve open dial ti

Master

New Christopher Ward Twelve open dial ti

New CW twelve, very much like it but a big chunk of change at £4K.
    https://www.christopherward.com/int/...ding-page.html

Good to see there's now micro adjust in the clasp. It's quite a bit thicker than the standard titanium Twelve though which was one of the best features of the watch, I think.

Master
    Have to admit that looks very good.

I love it. But the price is creeping up. I’d have pulled the trigger otherwise.

At that price I’m thinking could I get the similar Zenith secondhand instead ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice looking watch , but way over my budget unfortunately.

I dislike integrated bracelets
    I dislike skeletonised dials
    I am not a huge fan of Christopher Ward in general
    But I have to say that seems to be a hell of a lot of watch for the money.
    It puts other brands offerings in to perspective

The Zenith is a better looking watch though.

Blog Entries
    Looking good. If only it was 39mm - with the integrated bracelet with lug-lug across the watch maybe too much - need more dimension details?
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

I instantly thought of the Zenith Defy which can be picked up pre-owned for around the same price. It's nice enough though. It doesn't seem the most legible of dials, but I suppose that's not the whole point of these things, you can always charge the lume and read it at night I suppose. They do some interesting things, none of which have ever really appealed to me enough to buy. £4k for a Christopher Ward, however nice; just isn't going to work for me. One for the true enthusiasts of the brand I'd wager.

Journeyman
    The most stand out feature to me was the micro adjust clasp . Looks pretty nice though, would like to see a video review of it

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Obviously a lot lot nicer, but my first thought was it reminded me of my old Swatch Irony Auto "Body and Soul"...used to love that watch when I was in my teens! As a consequence, this appeals...love the design of the whole watch...but couldn't drop £4k on it.

Master
    A very nice piece indeed, particularly the thoughtful attention to lume on the track as well as the handset. I like the industrial feel to it, and the bracelet looks amazing.

£4K however would be spent on a Sinn or Damasko first for me though, CW would be some way down the queue.

But I applaud the design and the 'different from the norm' approach. They are truly quality watchmakers.

Master
    Also, it reminds me of a Perrelet in its appearance. No bad thing.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    I really like this and im hoping to get a good sniff round it in the metal shortly.
    Was just saying to a colleague that while Bremont is busy committing commercial suicide, CW has been sneaking up on the inside lane with some very nice releases.

Master
    There's a lot of emphasis on practicality in the marketing blurb - the "lightness, strength and durability" of the case, the convenience of the clasp, the five day power reserve, the timekeeping, the brightness of the lume. And yet the basic, principal function - being able to tell the time when you look at it - seems to me to have been seriously compromised by the absence of a dial.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post

The Zenith is a better looking watch though.
    Better long term value retention too.
    THIN is the new BLACK

Aliexpress want their watch back.
    "Bite my shiny metal ass."
    - Bender Bending Rodríguez

Quote Originally Posted by abraxas View Post
    Better long term value retention too.
    Hello, Bel Canto.

Quote Originally Posted by monogroover View Post
    There's a lot of emphasis on practicality in the marketing blurb - the "lightness, strength and durability" of the case, the convenience of the clasp, the five day power reserve, the timekeeping, the brightness of the lume. And yet the basic, principal function - being able to tell the time when you look at it - seems to me to have been seriously compromised by the absence of a dial.

Totally agree, the lack on contrast between hands and dial always puts me off this style of watch.

Why not make the hands pop a bit more, this isn't going to be bought by someone with the eyesight of a hawk.

Take that Bremont!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Not my thing and not from a brand I’m in a rush to buy from, but I can respect the watch and appreciate what CW are doing from a strategy perspective.

Whilst I get the point about the price vs the Zenith, it’s a bit of an unfair comparison as it’s new vs used. At retail the Defy is x3 is it not? Given CW residuals on the secondary market the discount is likely to be similar in future.

Just like the Bel Canto, I’ve no interest in owning one but I am watching the developments with CW with interest.

Master
    If I had to describe the exact opposite of what I look for in a watch, I think this'd be pretty damn close to it.

Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    I really like this and im hoping to get a good sniff round it in the metal shortly.
    Was just saying to a colleague that while Bremont is busy committing commercial suicide, CW has been sneaking up on the inside lane with some very nice releases.

Well said

It's also worth noting that this watch uses CW's in-house movement, which is a lot more than a modded SW200, and that it's none less than Armin Strom who undertake the works skeletonising, so I'd view it as an affordable toe into the world of 'haute horlogerie' rather in the M.A.D. mould, instead of an overpriced CW.

It is also a 'halo' product for CW, just as with the Bel Canto - intended to shine a favourable light on their more mass-market offerings: it doesn't really matter too much how many sell, as it's done its job just by existing.

I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    Well said

It's also worth noting that this watch uses CW's in-house movement, which is a lot more than a modded SW200, and that it's none less than Armin Strom who undertake the works skeletonising, so I'd view it as an affordable toe into the world of 'haute horlogerie' rather in the M.A.D. mould, instead of an overpriced CW.

It is also a 'halo' product for CW, just as with the Bel Canto - intended to shine a favourable light on their more mass-market offerings: it doesn't really matter too much how many sell, as it's done its job just by existing.

I like it.
    Very well put.

I don’t like it though.

Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    Looking good. If only it was 39mm - with the integrated bracelet with lug-lug across the watch maybe too much - need more dimension details?
    They are on the website.

If you haven’t checked it out by the time of this evening’s VTG I will point you in the correct direction.🤣

The existing C12Ti in a 40mm case wears much, much smaller than your Overseas.

41mm will be fine.😀

Master
    Looks nice, but not for me at that price, would have preferred it to be limited edition and cw’s connection to Everton puts me off too.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

New Christopher Ward Twelve open dial ti

Reminds me of my Zenith defy and at 4k for CW the difference vs a secondhand version isn’t that great!

I have to admit I was expecting the CW to be priced between 2-3k!

Last edited by paw3001; Yesterday at 17:26.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    Hello, Bel Canto.
    Agreed.

The Twelve X will likely have better value retention than the Zenith has clearly had. The CW is also better looking than the Zenith IMO in terms of skeletonisation and architecture.

It's no Bel Canto though.

Strange looking at the promo video the finishing didnt look that great when they were putting it together, that being said I am really not a fan of the Zenith its being compared to the CW looks so much better.

Not a fan of integrated bracelets and wouldnt be paying that price for a CW anyway. Nice enough looking watch though.

I've ordered one. The deposit is refundable and so is the watch if I don't like it when I get it, so why not? I like my Bel Canto and see it as an indication of what CW can do when they put their minds to it.

Master
    Having been one of those who got the titanium on its release and having enjoyed the watch immensely since then, I really like the new one as well. Would be looking to spend 5k on one but it sure looks great

I sort of like it, but I do find it a bit bland and then I saw the price! yeah I’ll stick with wanting the moon glow for now lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    I don’t think I could pay that price for a Christopher Ward, especially given the prices of their other models.

Master
    I was at CW HQ in maidenhead today and tried this on. It's absolutely perfect for my 7.5" wrists and looks very subtle. They did a great job keeping the case a thin profile. I wouldn't spend £4k on one though.

I think it looks good. Legibility isn’t really what this watch is all about is it? Looks better than that defy as well 👍