closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: New releases - random chat

Chrono too big, not a fan of the chapter ring logo either.
    But I like the idea of a Pelagos chrono

Going to go for the Chrono.

Rehaut branding unfortunate but was expecting something worse on the dial.

Size is fine although not sure why not just a 42mm.

WoS Ltd Ed Tag Heuer Aquaracer

Limited to 500, but very BB58 esq.

https://www.watches-of-switzerland.c...631/p/17382107

The new FXDs are interesting, certainly look good imo, but I couldn’t have a Red Bull watch and don’t think I’ll ever be able to get my head around a chrono dive watch.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    . . . don’t think I’ll ever be able to get my head around a chrono dive watch.
    nowt wrong with a dive chrono - quite a few out there. Though this is no longer produced:

This is a bit tasty as well

Last edited by MartynJC (UK); 29th June 2023 at 12:52.
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

20k for a watch made from recycled coffee grounds pods!

https://www.hublot.com/en-gb/watches..._ZyOPaVY3w_wcB

The new FXDs are interesting, certainly look good imo, but I couldn’t have a Red Bull watch and don’t think I’ll ever be able to get my head around a chrono dive watch.
    The bezel absolutely kills it for me. The 10 looks squashed in with the extra minute marker either side.

Quote Originally Posted by Crammage View Post
    The bezel absolutely kills it for me. The 10 looks squashed in with the extra minute marker either side.
    I hadn’t noticed that and just went back for a look. Worse than the rehaut.

Master
    Well, Tudor just released some images of the solid gold re endotoxin of the big block it will be offering to the only watch auction.
    It surely paves the way for a more affordable version.
    At 42mm the proportions seem a bit off to me

The 40mm of the original version is more up my street! My big block is probably one of those that would be staying pretty much for ever!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Crammage View Post
    Why on earth have they done that. Kills it for me too now as my eye is drawn to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Itsguy View Post
    I’m not usually a dive watch fan but these new and smaller 40mm Orient Makos are appealing, perhaps because there’s a hint of Explorer II due to the stainless steel bezel, and also because of the holiday beater £350 price.

Not sure about the salmon or supposedly on-trend purple, but there’s a rather nice dark blue too.

https://www.t3.com/news/orient-revea...summer-colours
    Orient have promised some UK only variations of watches (no idea of models yet) now they are official here so interesting to see what they might be...

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Ar.parask View Post
    That looks really good, and with a new movement!

Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    nowt wrong with a dive chrono - quite a few out there. Though this is no longer produced:
    I know this is an incredibly stupid comment but I really don't see the JLC as a dive watch. More a chronograph with a dive watch feature. Beautiful watch and from a time the brand needs to go back to.

The PO chronos have always confused me.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Chilli View Post
    Why on earth have they done that. Kills it for me too now as my eye is drawn to it.
    Yeah, that’s woeful. Why only have x3 min markers each for all the others but 4 each side for the 10 marker?

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Itsguy View Post
    I’m not usually a dive watch fan but these new and smaller 40mm Orient Makos are appealing, perhaps because there’s a hint of Explorer II due to the stainless steel bezel, and also because of the holiday beater £350 price.

Not sure about the salmon or supposedly on-trend purple, but there’s a rather nice dark blue too.
    They do look nice although a few differences to the earlier Makos. The numbers 6, 9 and 12 have gone as has the day of the week, which featured on most of the Orient watches. I like the steel bezel and the reduction in size I’m guessing would hardly be noticeable on the wrist.

£350 seems fair for what they are, original Makos were about £100 but that was the best part of 10 years ago.

The are incredible value for money and wear well, so I can see these being popular.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Of anyone missed out on those super fancy metal G Squares a year or so back Chisholm Hunter Kingston has one in the window
    Someone here has the same one in the silver. Kaiserpheonix i think. The differences on the silver are noticeable side by side in YouTube videos albeit up close but without the comparable in hand and in black it must just look like another gshock. Porter one would have been nice for a grand back in the day.
    I'd love one, but given my metal G has been cerakoted to look battle worn, I don't think I'd get on with a posh looking one for long.

Reminds me, need to see if anyone with a positive module display fancies a negative one to swap with....unlikely

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    I'd love one, but given my metal G has been cerakoted to look battle worn, I don't think I'd get on with a posh looking one for long.

Reminds me, need to see if anyone with a positive module display fancies a negative one to swap with....unlikely
    Somehow it reminds me of those Mercedes with Renault engines even though inside and outside are both Casio

Master
    Somehow it reminds me of those Mercedes with Renault engines even though inside and outside are both Casio
    Yes, I know what you mean - bit like my Smart being a Mercedes or my Porsche being an Audi.

Can throw the battle G in the post of you want to try it vs a pretty one lol.

Thumbs up

Anything with Red Bull branding on it is a complete hard no for me.

Not bad apart from that mind….

Master
    Blog Entries
    I like the style of the new Tudors, but the countdown bezel and the logo in the minute track are a bit naff

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    Yes, I know what you mean - bit like my Smart being a Mercedes or my Porsche being an Audi.

Can throw the battle G in the post of you want to try it vs a pretty one lol.
    Thanks for the offer. I actually queued up at carnaby street at 7.30am for the full metal square the day it came out. Think a rationalisation is overdue.

I really like the dial of the FXD chrono, but that's about it. Pretty much the same thoughts with the P01... but I still have one of those.

Angry

Thanks for the offer. I actually queued up at carnaby street at 7.30am for the full metal square the day it came out. Think a rationalisation is overdue.
    I remember you picked one up for me and posted it on to me at some point. Went on to get the positive display gold and the Porter on the secondary market, all long gone now.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    They do look nice although a few differences to the earlier Makos. The numbers 6, 9 and 12 have gone as has the day of the week, which featured on most of the Orient watches. I like the steel bezel and the reduction in size I’m guessing would hardly be noticeable on the wrist.

£350 seems fair for what they are, original Makos were about £100 but that was the best part of 10 years ago.

The are incredible value for money and wear well, so I can see these being popular.
    For me 40mm instead of 42mm might just make the difference between wearable and unwearable, so that’s positive. However the clear view of the spring bar around the end links is a bit of a worry, I suppose that’s what you can expect from a bracelet option that adds all of £20!

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    I remember you picked one up for me and posted it on to me at some point. Went on to get the positive display gold and the Porter on the secondary market, all long gone now.
    That was it. The fun never ends. Long gone for me too.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by McBeardy View Post
    That is horrible.

Master
    I, too, could never buy a watch affiliated to Red Bull regardless of the aesthetics.

Master
    Gnomon emailed about this yesterday -

New one from Squale, designed in collaboration with MM diving unit (who will be retaining 80 of the 500 run). Apparently a first in Titanium, has sandwich dial and I think it looks mega. So close to ordering and then saw 16.15mm thick (it’s ~41mm across and 49mm lug-to-lug) and I just don’t think my dainty wrists can pull it off.
    Fratello review here - https://www.fratellowatches.com/intr...-del-comsubin/

Quote Originally Posted by bwest76 View Post
    That is horrible.
    It's like they've lifted features from a number of different watches and combined them into a greatest hits watch.

Sword hands? Check
    Aged lume? Yup
    Tudor-esqe bezel insert? Why not?
    Aqua Terra-style lined dial? Go on, then...
    12-sided bezel? That's 4 more than a Bulgari Octo...

Quote Originally Posted by Shakespeare View Post
    It's like they've lifted features from a number of different watches and combined them into a greatest hits watch.

Sword hands? Check
    Aged lume? Yup
    Tudor-esqe bezel insert? Why not?
    Aqua Terra-style lined dial? Go on, then...
    12-sided bezel? That's 4 more than a Bulgari Octo...
    In fairness the Aquaracer has had the teak dial for many years and the 12 sided bezel for a lot longer. The sword hands have been a new feature on the newer ones (last year) but agree it's trying to follow Tudors BB58 combing it with the Pelagos and Seamaster.

Actually looks nicer in the flesh (apart from the mismatching orange seconds hand and red triangle)

Quote Originally Posted by McBeardy View Post
    I wish they'd get rid of that awful cyclops, and more importantly, it's over four grand. Tag have lost the plot retail wise as well. They are making other brands look better value.
    Last edited by j111dja; 30th June 2023 at 13:53.

Master
    Exactly my thoughts, unfortunately. Over a wetsuit, while diving, I guess it wouldn't matter, but who honestly wants to walk around with a 16.5mm thick hockey puck on their wrist?
    Such a shame as the 1521 has the best sunburst blue dial bar none, imo.

Edit: although I see now the dial may not be the standard sunburst one.

Quote Originally Posted by LukeBird View Post

New one from Squale, designed in collaboration with MM diving unit (who will be retaining 80 of the 500 run). Apparently a first in Titanium, has sandwich dial and I think it looks mega. So close to ordering and then saw 16.15mm thick (it’s ~41mm across and 49mm lug-to-lug) and I just don’t think my dainty wrists can pull it off.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by LukeBird View Post

It is a tall boy at 16.15mm but that is 1mm less than last years Master Marine Militare, which is in stainless steel and otherwise the same proportions as this new release. The Squale 1521's and these taller Master cases wear like a 40mm watch and the lugs curve down to hug the wrist and so they can be worn on quite a small wrist. I am a complete saddo Squale fanboy and so have already ordered this release, as it is the first modern titanium watch they have produced.

Quote Originally Posted by ColDaspin View Post
    Exactly my thoughts, unfortunately. Over a wetsuit, while diving, I guess it wouldn't matter, but who honestly wants to walk around with a 16.5mm thick hockey puck on their wrist?
    Such a shame as the 1521 has the best sunburst blue dial bar none, imo.

Edit: although I see now the dial may not be the standard sunburst one.
    I also feel the same. I’ve long been interested in a 1521 but when I handled one, it just didn’t feel like it warranted the price. That and every time I see one for sale, the bezel insert is knackered, making me think that the printing process is fine quite cheaply.

I’ve kept an eye on the newer ones with the applied plots, new case (without logo) and cosc certification; but the bezel insert still holds me back.

I saw this with a new insert, titanium, great colour. Yes, yes, yes! Then I saw the thickness.

Arken Alterum

CALIBRE : ARK-9015DT (MODIFIED BASE MIYOTA 9015 w/ 12 HOUR GMT HAND FUNCTION)

(Agenhor module developed for Gevril and their 15 Degrees Day/Night model)

Like a mini VC Everest. Not bad for 599 GBP and British.

https://arken.uk/

THIN is the new BLACK

Nice design but wish they'd gone for normal lugs.

Quote Originally Posted by gunner View Post
    Good point.

^This^

My SRPK17K1 is in. 1st thoughts are that it is a VERY faithful reissue. 2nd thoughts are that the bracelet is a swine to resize so I'll be heading into town to let a watchmaker do it for me

My SRPK17K1 is in. 1st thoughts are that it is a VERY faithful reissue. 2nd thoughts are that the bracelet is a swine to resize so I'll be heading into town to let a watchmaker do it for me
    Looks great Ryan.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by j111dja View Post
    I wish they'd get rid of that awful cyclops, and more importantly, it's over four grand. Tag have lost the plot retail wise as well. They are making other brands look better value.
    Cannot argue with any of that. Also the dreaded calibre5 winding issue.

Shame as stylistically I've always liked the Aquaracers - they seem to do their own thing

Really nice Ryan. I think it would look great on a tropic style rubber in keeping with the era. Why’s the bracelet a pig to adjust? Collars and pins?

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Really nice Ryan. I think it would look great on a tropic style rubber in keeping with the era. Why’s the bracelet a pig to adjust? Collars and pins?
    Collars and pins but much tighter than the usual ones

Hot on the heels of the SRPK017K1 this year Seiko are re-releasing the Pogue next year in another limited edition run. Shut up and take my money!

Hot on the heels of the SRPK017K1 this year Seiko are re-releasing the Pogue next year in another limited edition run. Shut up and take my money!
    Oh yes please! That was my first thought too! Any early indication of price for the Pogue reissue?

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrennie44 View Post
    Oh yes please! That was my first thought too! Any early indication of price for the Pogue reissue?

None yet, it was a leaked Japanese extract that has since been rescinded but given the fact it uses the same case as the SRPK17K1 I'd imagine a similar price point plus maybe a couple of hundred quid for the chrono function

None yet, it was a leaked Japanese extract that has since been rescinded but given the fact it uses the same case as the SRPK17K1 I'd imagine a similar price point plus maybe a couple of hundred quid for the chrono function
    That sounds very tasty indeed! You think it will definitely go ahead?
    I have to admit, these faithful reissues of their older models really appeals to me. I’m more interested in those than in the majority of their new models!

This newly released Seiko. The SJE093. It's a 38mm reiteration of the 62mas case design.

Now, I'm a Seiko guy. I have been for decades. I have some nice high end Seiko divers and I didn't pay anywhere near retail for them. I have no idea where Seiko are getting their retail prices from when the Chinese brands are utterly destroying them QC wise and at a fifth to a tenth of Seiko retails. I think we all know that already.

This new SJE093 is the perfect example of sheer stupidity by Seiko. Over three grand and it's got a six series movement.

The Black Bay 54 would simply destroy this new Seiko in every way at near identical money. My opinion of course.

https://www.fratellowatches.com/intr...as-the-sje093/
    Last edited by j111dja; 4th July 2023 at 15:59.

Looks nice though

I believe they have adapters. Here on a previous model.
    THIN is the new BLACK