closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: New releases - random chat

Quote Originally Posted by j111dja View Post
    This newly released Seiko. The SJE093. It's a 38mm reiteration of the 62mas case design.

Now, I'm a Seiko guy. I have been for decades. I have some nice high end Seiko divers and I didn't pay anywhere near retail for them. I have no idea where Seiko are getting their retail prices from when the Chinese brands are utterly destroying them QC wise and at a fifth to a tenth of Seiko retails. I think we all know that already.

This new SJE093 is the perfect example of sheer stupidity by Seiko. Over three grand and it's got a six series movement.

The Black Bay 54 would simply destroy this new Seiko in every way at near identical money. My opinion of course.

https://www.fratellowatches.com/intr...as-the-sje093/
    IMHO this is the most beautiful watch released in the past 5 years. I think it is stunning and have pre ordered one.

The movement may be 6 series but an upgraded and thinner one, more akin to an ETA. So I don't think the price is that hideous.

Seem to be all sold out already in the UK

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    IMHO this is the most beautiful watch released in the past 5 years. I think it is stunning and have pre ordered one.

The movement may be 6 series but an upgraded and thinner one, more akin to an ETA. So I don't think the price is that hideous.

I will have to disagree with you on this occasion Ryan.

Love seiko and would be all over this in previous years if it wasn’t 38mm but have to agree. I cannot reward the price or the value by making a purchase from Seiko these days. They are milking their most loyal clients.

I will have to disagree with you on this occasion Ryan.
    Well life would be boring if we all liked the same things

What makes it for me is the dimensions basically making it virtually a NOS 62mas.

Thankfully the other watch I'm lusting over is the green GP Laureato and this is a quarter of the price and so by going for the Seiko I'm not jeopardising my marriage!

What makes it for me is the dimensions basically making it virtually a NOS 62mas.

Thankfully the other watch I'm lusting over is the green GP Laureato and this is a quarter of the price and so by going for the Seiko I'm not jeopardising my marriage!
    Of course.

The 6L35 calibre is a fairly thin movement at 3.7mm thick. It is a calibre that (if I remember correctly) was in Seiko's Presage models. It's not an expensive movement. The Presage models were not over £3k. Seiko then modify this calibre, make it a little thinner for this new model. They then charge over £3k. This movement should never be in a £3k Seiko.

Seiko will produce 1965 pieces, so in their mind, they can charge whatever price they like as it will sell. Is there a possibility it will then sell for more than retail? Quite possibly. As long as Seiko make their huge margins then that suits Seiko. I'm disgusted with them.

Was tempted but have decided to stick with my BB54.

My marriage survived but only because I showed her an invoice for a Green PRX!!

Master

I agree that it’s a beauty, the question is whether it’s three times more beautiful than a Vulcain Skindiver black. The answer may depend on how you feel about the repositioning on the Seiko brand. A real looker though either way.

For me the answer is no. Even if the Seiko were the same £1300 as the Vulcain, I’d buy the Vulcain. And I’m generally a Seiko fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Itsguy View Post
    I agree that it’s a beauty, the question is whether it’s three times more beautiful than a Vulcain Skindiver black. The answer may depend on how you feel about the repositioning on the Seiko brand. A real looker though either way.

Quote Originally Posted by petay993 View Post
    My marriage survived but only because I showed her an invoice for a Green PRX!!

Ah great plan!

Lovely watch that - a very modern look with the new infinity logo and the black borders on the hands. Superb!

I will get one next year.

The new Louis Vuitton Tambour looks absolutely beautiful but 19k EUR in steel is a bit of a surprise.

Master
    And people grumbled about a £3k steel Seiko?! 🤣

I spoke too soon.

Quote Originally Posted by abraxas View Post

I believe they have adapters. Here on a previous model.
    Interesting, thanks. Although still solving a problem that didn’t need to exist.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    I spoke too soon.
    Definitely should be free sprung at that price. Finishing is 'ok' only too.

New Minase Uruga. Not a fan. The bracelet will doubtless be mind-blowingly good though.

https://minasewatches.com/webshop/uruga-42mm-steel/

New Minase Uruga. ...
    Yeah, noticed that the other day when I was doing some gratuitous drooling, I guess it's their take on something more 'toolish', but looks a bit something-and-nothing, lacks the originality of their other models. Mind, for all I know it'll become their best seller! For sure it'll look better in the metal.

Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    Yeah, noticed that the other day when I was doing some gratuitous drooling, I guess it's their take on something more 'toolish', but looks a bit something-and-nothing, lacks the originality of their other models. Mind, for all I know it'll become their best seller! For sure it'll look better in the metal.

Toolish but only 50m WR so a bit pointless IMHO.

New Minase Uruga. Not a fan. The bracelet will doubtless be mind-blowingly good though.

https://minasewatches.com/webshop/uruga-42mm-steel/
    The first watch of theirs which doesn't stand out from the crowd as far as I'm concerned. I really hope they've done this because they wanted to rather than because they needed to...

Looks like it might start a second pandemic if the crystal broke.

Hmm I'm looking more and more at it thinking it may actually be an incredible watch. Shame about the 50m WR though. Their bracelets are insanely well made. That will be around £5.5k I reckon after taxes and finished superbly.

Really need to see one in the metal which will be nigh on impossible.

The new Louis Vuitton Tambour looks absolutely beautiful but 19k EUR in steel is a bit of a surprise.
    Aye, a bit salty for a fashion watch, that.

New Minase Uruga....
    I still prefer the Divido.

Toolish but only 50m WR so a bit pointless IMHO.

Aye, that's a miss - well, the whole thing is: so much attention to detail (the clever indexes with a half-twist design, that unusual date window, interesting bracelet, &c &c...), but still manages to look a bit like a grab-bag of unrelated design features.

Craftsman

Zodiac Super Sea Wolf Ceramic Compression Rubber Strap Watch

I thought this new ceramic Zodiac might be a £200 rival to the MoonSwatch until I noticed ‘chronometer’ on the dial and read the spec:

~£1700
    https://www.zodiacwatches.com/en-us/...ch/ZO9590.html

Master
    Just got an email about the SLA073 1968 “cave diving” recreation. Intrigued I opened it but didn’t get much further than

This modern re-creation of the iconic watch is more streamlined to allow for Divers to swim through narrower spaces.
    The latest dial features a stunning teal gradient to show the depths of water that only the most skilled can reach.
    It is designed to emulate how a diver’s light would reflect in a cave
    .”

I mean, “more streamlined to allow for Divers to swim through narrower spaces”… are they for real?! Marketing spiel at its worst. Oh, and hasn’t another manufacturer just released a range of diving watches with blue gradient dials to show how light appears at depth?

I am joining the ranks of those tired with Seiko’s continuous release of special editions as they seem to have run out of original ideas
    Last edited by frp422; 11th July 2023 at 19:00.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by frp422 View Post
    Just got an email about the SLA073 1968 “cave diving” recreation. Intrigued I opened it but didn’t get much further than

This modern re-creation of the iconic watch is more streamlined to allow for Divers to swim through narrower spaces.
    The latest dial features a stunning teal gradient to show the depths of water that only the most skilled can reach.
    It is designed to emulate how a diver’s light would reflect in a cave
    .”

I mean, “more streamlined to allow for Divers to swim through narrower spaces”… are they for real?! Marketing spiel at its worst. Oh, and hasn’t another manufacturer just released a range of diving watches with blue gradient dials to show how light appears at depth?

I am joining the ranks of those tired with Seiko’s continuous release of special editions as they seem to have run out of original ideas
    IMG_7958.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster73 View Post
    Aye, a bit salty for a fashion watch, that.
    I have to wonder when something stops being a fashion watch? In-house movement and people of pedigree behind it.

The SLA073 looks nice even though it looks very much like a mash up of the SL055 and the SPB385.

https://www.seikoboutique.co.uk/prod...eid=6175627225

I wish they just made this watch in black. Or solid blue. Or even white.

Why do so many Seikos have to have a patterned, fume dials with animal paw prints stamped out? Why can’t they just be functional tool watches?

Craftsman

San Martin GMT

An interesting holiday watch? The recently released San Martin GMT reminds me of the forthcoming Timefactors GMT. At 40mm dia and available in blue or black colours with an NH34 movement, it’s priced around £240 on Ali, including discount codes, VAT and delivery.

https://www.sanmartin.watch/products...f-a353986cdb43

Quote Originally Posted by Alansmithee View Post
    I quite like that, even though square watches are usually not my thing.

No mention of price but as its a very limited number and steeped in history, I expect it to be a few K

https://alpinawatches.com/blogs/news...ic-mini-series

Sent through the ether by diddling with radio waves
    Last edited by sish101; 12th July 2023 at 11:08.

Seikos Power Design models. All interesting stuff:

https://www.seiko-seed.com/powerdesi...ct2022/en.html

https://www.seiko-design.com/powerde...ct2022/en.html

Two of my favourites:

Original to rebirth slider:

Last edited by j111dja; 13th July 2023 at 07:51.

I don't think any of these will be for sale though? Just concept pieces.

Seikos Power Design models. All interesting stuff:

https://www.seiko-seed.com/powerdesi...ct2022/en.html

https://www.seiko-design.com/powerde...ct2022/en.html

Two of my favourites:

Original to rebirth slider:

I don't think any of these will be for sale though? Just concept pieces.
    I'm unsure.

I'm unsure.
    Just went googling these and found a pic from someone who went to go see them. Looks absolutely fantastic. Hope they make it for sale.

Just went googling these and found a pic from someone who went to go see them. Looks absolutely fantastic. Hope they make it for sale.

The case and the screw nut styled crown look superb.

Blog Entries

I agree, and it's not about perfect accuracy for me when wearing a mechanical watch, wear quartz instead. Comparing with a Tudor? No contest, bland designs and only their Rolex link keeps people attracted to them, and not for long it seems, they are flipped like there's no tomorrow. This would be a keeper for me, brings a smile every time I'd look at it.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

Definitely not for sale at present, but let's hope Seiko start manufacturing them.

'Punchy' pricing.....

The new titanium carbide Porsche Design 1-911 Chronograph. It isn't cheap either. Over £10k it appears:

https://timeandtidewatches.com/hands...o-watchmaking/
    Last edited by j111dja; 13th July 2023 at 16:08.

Hodinkee and Hublot have collaborated to bring out something utterly horrendous

https://shop.hodinkee.com/products/hublot-classic-fusion-titanium-limited-edition-for-hodinkee

https://shop.hodinkee.com/products/hublot-classic-fusion-titanium-limited-edition-for-hodinkee
    Their limited editions used to be some of the best around but since they became essentially a lifestyle magazine they have completely lost the plot. Compare this to their Heuer Skipper, IWC Pilot or Fifty Fathoms.

Horrific - like something you would get from Ali-express.

Master
    A new Christopher ward bronze offering was released today

Not a new release as it was announced last year but has been slow to make it to the ADs but the new 38mm Aqua Terra is IMHO mind meltingly beautiful and absolutely batters the Datejust in looks, finish and comfort. What a watch! I wouldn't even consider a GS against it either and that says a lot as that is the GS sweet spot category.

They had a silver dial and red dial in Ernest Jones today and the red is nailed on to be the next watch I buy it is bonkers beautiful (only the silver was available to buy today). The bracelet is very refined with rounded links, stunning dial, 38mm does not wear small at all it is an absolute killer in its price category and I was blown away.

Blog Entries
    The new titanium carbide Porsche Design 1-911 Chronograph. It isn't cheap either. Over £10k it appears:

https://timeandtidewatches.com/hands...o-watchmaking/

A lovely timeless design I could wear as my only watch for a long time.

As for the price.....
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

Quote Originally Posted by Daddelvirks View Post
    A lovely timeless design I could wear as my only watch for a long time.

As for the price.....
    Stunning but ridiculously priced.

The new plastic Tudor's at the Manchester Boutique.

Name is down and would probably favour the Chrono.