closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Fidget things

Grand Master
    Have to admit, having read this thread I`m pissing myself laughing, really don't get it.

However, many years ago I acquired a short piece of very heavy duty rubber high pressure hose which fitted nicely in the palm of the hand, it had been taken as a sample for chemical compatibility testing by one of our engineers and never got used. I used it as a stress ball at work, it took much effort to compress it and it became a fixture on my desk. When I finished work I took it home as a keepsake and I now use it on my watch bench to support workpieces whilst doing refinishing work! I use it to tape bracelets around when refinishing, the curvature makes it ideal for this task and I`d struggle without it.

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    Have to admit, having read this thread I`m pissing myself laughing, really don't get it.

However, many years ago I acquired a short piece of very heavy duty rubber high pressure hose which fitted nicely in the palm of the hand, it had been taken as a sample for chemical compatibility testing by one of our engineers and never got used. I used it as a stress ball at work, it took much effort to compress it and it became a fixture on my desk. When I finished work I took it home as a keepsake and I now use it on my watch bench to support workpieces whilst doing refinishing work! I use it to tape bracelets around when refinishing, the curvature makes it ideal for this task and I`d struggle without it.
    So you do get it then :)

Im semi retired and work part-time from home doing mundane techy stuff on a laptop, I can't keep still be er have been able to , and Id be reaching for my phone all the time without things to occupy my hands

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveya. View Post
    So you do get it then :)

Im semi retired and work part-time from home doing mundane techy stuff on a laptop, I can't keep still be er have been able to , and Id be reaching for my phone all the time without things to occupy my hands

When I went to school in the 60s a slapped head taught me not to fidget! Can’t help thinking these devices are expensive childish crap. Why not buy a car wheelbearing instead and twirl that around? I’ll be swapping the rear wheel bearings on my MG soon, I could sell you one of the old ones! After cleaning and drying it’ll even make a nice noise.

Health and safety Walter!

Master
    Spinners safe and sound.

Collecting them next week when I’m back in the office. Phew.

Only a week from when you get the email, they use Fedex

Thanks

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/1201...isting_details

Just ordered this, as need to try one.

Felt pouch now needs to be purchased I assume, or is it hard enough to not pick up scratches of on a pocket?
    Arrived this morning, and love it; so smooth and relaxing, very happy indeed.

Fits perfectly into an old Bose BT headset pouch too, so bonus there.

Was laughing with my wife earlier in the pub & we joked about how long for an indent to appear in it!

Fits perfectly in the coin pocket of jeans too.

Looks so much like wood, almost lost it on the pub table.

Was laughing with my wife earlier in the pub & we joked about how long for an indent to appear in it!

I have an EDC Ultem coin, very nice it is too

Master
    I have an EDC Ultem coin, very nice it is too

Slightly convinced micarta smells slightly of stale urine lol....but doesnt stop me looking at a soap bar style one.

Need to get an ultem something, as in my head I struggle to see the difference vs 'plastic' IYKWIM?

Slightly convinced micarta smells slightly of stale urine lol....but doesnt stop me looking at a soap bar style one.

Need to get an ultem something, as in my head I struggle to see the difference vs 'plastic' IYKWIM?
    Ultem is brilliant for spinners

Master
    Ultem is brilliant for spinners

As a worry stone? I think finger prints would add to my worry lol

It's my fave, super light

It's my fave, super light

I've got the funds, can't reply your inbox is full, need tour address again mate cheers

And another $400 spent on another one. It's only money right? People spend that on shoes in SC

Master

Fidget things

Here’ is a video of one of my fidgety knives.
    As you may guess, my wife now hates me.
    https://youtube.com/shorts/OvHiMzNnkO8?feature=share

Quote Originally Posted by EJL25 View Post
    Here’ is a video of one of my fidgety knives.
    As you may guess, my wife now hates me.
    https://youtube.com/shorts/OvHiMzNnkO8?feature=share
    Civivi/WeKnife make good fidgety stuff for sure.

Nice to hear it landed safely. They're super smoooooooth and lovely to fiddle with. I rarely play poker these days but it would make a perfect card guard.

The micarta smell does diminish somewhat over time, especially if you leave it out in the open. Personally I don't mind it at all. I've heard it described as being like glue, antiseptic, a dentist smell and now stale urine. :)

My round one is now my favourite, being the thinnest and possibly easiest to twirl in my hands. But they're all good and Mark makes excellent stuff.
    David
    Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations

I'm.selling a couple or premium spinners from Kinetics Asia on eBay , let me know if anyone is interested, one is 100 the other 130 as buy it now , will do both for 190 to anyone in here

Reduced to silly money, 100 quid the pair posted for anyone here , cost me 250 quid few weeks ago

Exceeded message limit

Master
    Exceeded message limit

Mainly all messages titled 'fidget things' lol

Deleted a load

I feel slightly guilty about doing this, but these rocker clickers look fun.

https://youtu.be/TBhzg_GaEVA
    David

Looks good that , like it

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dkpw View Post
    I feel slightly guilty about doing this, but these rocker clickers look fun.

https://youtu.be/TBhzg_GaEVA
    You’re a bad man!

Luckily I can’t get away with anything that makes a noise. I use mine watching tv and on calls, so have no chance.

Love the idea of them though as imagine they feel great to use.

I had a look at their site, as I saw a review of what looked to be some fantastic, "proper" spinners. At some point I'd like to try one that's a good one.

But with what seems to be a common occurrence for wallets, pens and similar, the makers can't keep up with demand, and all their lovely things are sold out. You then have the annoyance that releases are only announced on Facebook, which I don't do, meaning it's almost impossible to buy one. Grrr.

Sorry for the grumpy moan, I've not had my coffee yet!
    David

Yes the world of fidgets is ridiculously overpriced , you wait for a special edition 'drop' and pay silly money. Thing is there seems to be a world of collectors who pay these prices, I actually use a few of these things as intended, fidget with them during mundane work at home job on a laptop. Thing is I do like the pretty ones and do pay the money, bit like watches really and all these man gadget

Craftsman
    @Daveya, I have just bought the KAP Horizon Zirc from you, and it came yesterday - thanks for the quick delivery. Having not used a spinner before, I think I am hooked; I used it when I was working yesterday, and I had the most productive coding session for a while.

I think I might get the BlackCloud Orbit Haptic Coin too.

I am not sure how overpriced these things are - the more expensive ones are precision-engineered artefacts, and have their own mechanical beauty. Tactilely, the KAP has a lovely, smooth spin, and easily unscrews into three pieces - something else to fiddle with. I might get some SS balls for it, but it is $20 shipping from China for 4 at $1 each.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatters View Post
    @Daveya, I have just bought the KAP Horizon Zirc from you, and it came yesterday - thanks for the quick delivery. Having not used a spinner before, I think I am hooked; I used it when I was working yesterday, and I had the most productive coding session for a while.

I am not sure how overpriced these things are - the more expensive ones are precision-engineered artefacts, and have their own mechanical beauty. Tactilely, the KAP has a lovely, smooth spin, and easily unscrews into three pieces - something else to fiddle with. I might get some SS balls for it, but it is $20 shipping from China for 4 at $1 each.
    No need to get another bearing, I've bought a few and compared to the KAP bearings and they are clearly very good. Imo , if its smooth, leave it alone. It really is a premium spinner though, as you say lovely tactile thing to hold and fidget with . I only sold because I have the Tri on the same version and it's what I use most

Master

Another one joining the slipper slope.

We’re those bearing prices from KAP? I got quoted $3 each and am awaiting shipping costs.

Having tried other bearings, I really like the ones used by KAP, we could order together and split the shipping cost? Given at £5 each from a UK supplier the bearings have not been this smooth.

Let me know if you fancy it.

Craftsman
    No need to get another bearing, I've bought a few and compared to the KAP bearings and they are clearly very good. Imo , if it’s smooth, leave it alone.
    I don’t think we are talking about the same thing. The KAP you sold me certainly spins very smoothly so I am very happy with that. I see KAP also sell add-on 8mm balls https://www.kapedc.com/product/8-mm-balls which go into the gaps in the spinner - another thing to fiddle with (which is good).

I don’t think we are talking about the same thing. The KAP you sold me certainly spins very smoothly so I am very happy with that. I see KAP also sell add-on 8mm balls https://www.kapedc.com/product/8-mm-balls which go into the gaps in the spinner - another thing to fiddle with (which is good).
    Ah yes I have 6 of those in my tri

Master
    Another one joining the slipper slope.

We’re those bearing prices from KAP? I got quoted $3 each and am awaiting shipping costs.

Having tried other bearings, I really like the ones used by KAP, we could order together and split the shipping cost? Given at £5 each from a UK supplier the bearings have not been this smooth.

Let me know if you fancy it.
    Ah I was talking bearings not balls.

Although I just got a quote of $35 for shipment, ouch! Still happy to split shipment cost if you wanted.

The balls offer something different, extra feedback and nice subtle noise

Craftsman
    Ah I was talking bearings not balls.

Although I just got a quote of $35 for shipment, ouch! Still happy to split shipment cost if you wanted.
    Thanks, sounds like a great idea!

Well, I have 3 more arriving soon, paid about 600 quid for them it's only money

Master
    Well, I have 3 more arriving soon, paid about 600 quid for them it's only money

Cannot wait to see them!!

Master
    Thanks, sounds like a great idea!
    Be interesting to see your postage quote if you added 4 bearings to the mix.

One of them is another Ultem , I think they are superb

Tempted to give one of these a try, as I do like a good fidget.

Endless choices though so no idea where to start, think I'll just wait and see if Daveya sells anymore

Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    Tempted to give one of these a try, as I do like a good fidget.

Endless choices though so no idea where to start, think I'll just wait and see if Daveya sells anymore
    I may do lol, might let one go but they all have a little niche in my very small collection

My top 3, about £400 worth

One more to arrive which cost £300

Master
    Ultem ones looking great Dave.

Ultem ones looking great Dave.
    Yeah the middle Horizon is my fave

Master
    Thought this was all silliness until I thought about it and I do fidget in pretty much ever teams call I do (can be 8 a day!). Pens, my leather, anything I can get my hands on really and all the time. Just what I need though, more expensive crap to waste my money on…….

This guy has done nice/interesting items:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by zanderpants; 3rd March 2023 at 09:24.

Fidget with solar panels?!?

Master
    Fidget with solar panels?!?

Yea, not that relevant…….

https://youtu.be/LbSjrqaV9sg

I posted that vid earlier in the thread I think, I bought that Ultem and can concur

Master
    Not sure if this has been posted but this guy has one fascinating things:

https://youtu.be/yHvi829OCgc

Great collection, my next buy will probably be a Lautie Shuffle, £400 second hand

Master
    Was thinking I would give the ACEDC one at a the start a go then saw the price…….