closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Fidget things

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Daveya. View Post
    Yeah I wondered why the fidget people sell a knife , it's as you describe I think , now I know why.

https://www.kapedc.com/category/kap-knife

Sent from my XQ-CQ54 using Tapatalk
    Those I have to say, look atrocious for actual use.
    If you're at home as it's a locker, something like the Spyderco Ikuchi is a great fidgeter as you can use the zippo-like jimping on the blade to open it, or disengage the compression lock and fidget away. Extremely slim and a beastly slicer for house duties.
    The Civivi Appalachian Drifter is a non-locker, and extremely fidgetable. The blade detente mechanism means it's not suitable for harder use out and about, but desky tasks all's good.

Quote Originally Posted by hughtrimble View Post
    Those I have to say, look atrocious for actual use.
    If you're at home as it's a locker, something like the Spyderco Ikuchi is a great fidgeter as you can use the zippo-like jimping on the blade to open it, or disengage the compression lock and fidget away. Extremely slim and a beastly slicer for house duties.
    The Civivi Appalachian Drifter is a non-locker, and extremely fidgetable. The blade detente mechanism means it's not suitable for harder use out and about, but desky tasks all's good.
    Thanks, I do need a house knife, quite like this look of that Sperderco

Thanks, I do need a house knife, quite like this look of that Sperderco

Edgar Brothers is the only UK source I'm aware of (don't risk knivesandtools.co.uk as they actually ship from the Netherlands). Importing locking folders from abroad can lead to misunderstandings with customs/Border Force, your local constabulary paying you a visit and expensive losses due to incorrect seizures that you can only have returned to you if you take them to court; i.e. importing lockers is now a complete joke!

Edgar Brothers is the only UK source I'm aware of (don't risk knivesandtools.co.uk as they actually ship from the Netherlands). Importing locking folders from abroad can lead to misunderstandings with customs/Border Force, your local constabulary paying you a visit and expensive losses due to incorrect seizures that you can only have returned to you if you take them to court; i.e. importing lockers is now a complete joke!
    Cheers, they don't currently have the Ikuchi

Cheers, they don't currently have the Ikuchi

Edgar currently have 6 in stock: https://www.edgarbrothers.com/spyderco-ikuchi/

The Tropen is also mad fun (now discontinued, but available also from Edgar with 7 in stock), but a much larger knife and more expensive. Some people also think it's hideous, but I'm rather a fan!

Edgar currently have 6 in stock: https://www.edgarbrothers.com/spyderco-ikuchi/

The Tropen is also mad fun (now discontinued, but available also from Edgar with 7 in stock), but a much larger knife and more expensive. Some people also think it's hideous, but I'm rather a fan!
    Cheers , I've ordered it using your link, but their website is confusing, I clicked Spyderco and the Ikuchi isn't listed .

Anyway , it's on its way cheers

Cheers , I've ordered it using your link, but their website is confusing, I clicked Spyderco and the Ikuchi isn't listed .

Anyway , it's on its way cheers
    [snip]

It's a pretty crap website - they're primarily a firearms dealer and distributor for other retailers, so their customer facing stuff is definitely lacking!

And congrats, that was a swift decision! The Ikuchi is my primary fidgeter. You'll probably build up a callous on your forefinger or thumb from the zippo-jimping, it's a proper functional tool toy.