closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Buying from CousinsUK

Buying from CousinsUK

I've been looking for an Omega strap and have found it in 2 places. The cheapest by far is Cousins UK. However, in order to purchase I need to register and as part of that process they show this message...

"By registering with us you are confirming you are purchasing goods for use in your trade. Trade terms and conditions do not fall under consumer law or distance selling regulations."

Has anyone got a view or experience on purchasing from Cousins for personal use?

Thanks

Master
    Its an absolutley painless experience. Purchased from them on many occassions.

Literally just bought some spring bars from them. My first purchase from Cousins.
    Nice easy buy.

Master
    What that disclaimer basically means is that you waive your statutory consumer rights and they wont accept returns. I am not sure exactly how legal their stance is but that's the way it is. If you are sure they have what you want, all is well, but don't over order, or buy on a hunch as you will be stuck with whatever they send. The problems really start when they send the wrong item...

They might be okay but why do they need to 'excuse' themselves from consumer law? Just seems a tad shabby.

I bought a screwdriver from them recently.
    There was an issue with it when it arrived.

They said they would send a replacement with my next order.
    Which I thought was a bit naff to be honest.

Fortunately I had a further order to make.

I suppose if I had not signed the waiver re consumer law etc, they would have been obliged to send me a replacement straight away.

Quote Originally Posted by MDSWATCH View Post
    I bought a screwdriver from them recently.
    There was an issue with it when it arrived.

They said they would send a replacement with my next order.
    Which I thought was a bit naff to be honest.

Fortunately I had a further order to make.

I suppose if I had not signed the waiver re consumer law etc, they would have been obliged to send me a replacement straight away.
    I don't really understand how this works to be honest? I get that you wouldn't have consumer rights, but surely even without consumer rights, if you have a contract for an item and that item is supplied defective, then they haven't fulfilled the contract and they would have to rectify it without further obligations?

Isn't it the equivalent of Curry's ordering 1000 TVs from a supplier to sell in their store, none of them working and the supplier turning round to Curry's and saying, "tough luck".
    Last edited by Christian; 9th January 2023 at 12:30.

Grand Master
    I deal frequently with Cousins and I can echo the previous comments from Padders, they will only accept returns if the item was faulty or incorrectly supplied. Even then, they can be difficult to deal with. I was supplied a faulty Omega crown some years back that fell apart when fitted, I got a replacement but ended up sending the item back with a covering letter, their 'returns policy' on the website was useless.

I would've thought an Omega boutique was a better way of sourcing an Omega strap, Cousins have very limited stocks because Omega no longer supply them and haven`t done since 2015.

Grand Master
    Another problem with Cousins is warranty......or lack of! If I fit a mainspring supplied by Cousins and it fails within 3 months I have no comeback, same applies to quartz movements and any other parts.

I used to buy a fair bit from Cousins in the past. The disclaimer is because they only deal with the trade and I guess consumer rights are slightly different?

I used to order on the phone from that lovely big catalogue they used to supply - guess it's all different now.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

SydR
    I used to have a trade account with a company selling IT parts.

They were great when things went well and rubbish when there was a problem.

If you bought something, and it was faulty, you could send it back easily but they only refunded you the price they were selling it for at the time they confirmed it was faulty.

In the fast moving computer world at the time prices on the latest and greatest dropped quickly and you’d often lose out even in a few days.

They remained adamant that there was nothing wrong with their position until I told them I was involving trading standards. Dealing as a trader removes some rights but a lot of important ones remain. Some companies do try it on.