closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Surely this is a bargain? Spork-ish Citizen

Surely this is a bargain? Spork-ish Citizen

https://amzn.eu/d/64BBtke

Random browsing on Amazon led me to this. Having not bought a Seiko Spork when they were only about this price and regretted it ever since I've ordered one of these to have a look at.

Clearly not exactly the same watch, but a chunky, highly legible, Japanese automatic for the same sort of money as Steeldive and San Martin type homages seems worth a punt. I could live without the compass style bezel insert and the bracelet doesn't look amazing, but guess you can't have everything at this price point.

So, what ya waiting for?

Lovely that is.. quite like the green version
    H Samuel do a similar model .. blue dial and slightly different bezel for 149 ..

https://www.hsamuel.co.uk/webstore/d...yle+Watch+Set/

Quote Originally Posted by jukeboxs View Post
    So, what ya waiting for?
    Nothing, arrives Monday :)

I had one of these a couple of years ago and it’s a really good watch for £149. It’s big though at 45mm and 24mm lugs. Couldn’t fault it for anything else though.

I don’t like the one the OP has shared due to the compass bezel insert.

Quote Originally Posted by Sulie View Post
    Lovely that is.. quite like the green version
    H Samuel do a similar model .. blue dial and slightly different bezel for 149 ..

https://www.hsamuel.co.uk/webstore/d...yle+Watch+Set/

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    I had one of these a couple of years ago and it’s a really good watch for £149. It’s big though at 45mm and 24mm lugs. Couldn’t fault it for anything else though.

I don’t like the one the OP has shared due to the compass bezel insert.
    No, I don't really like the compass bezel either, but do very much prefer the large numerals on the dial - the sporky Sinny kinda look.

Looks like the one I've ordered and that H Samuel one share a case and bezel so may well look into sourcing a more typical divers bezel insert to mod it with at some point...

Master
    I owned one of these. They are field versions of NH8380. Bezel from these fits.

Large and chunky watch, lume is great.

Cons are rattly bracelet, wonky non screw down crown and a bit of rough finish on case. For the price you cant complaint, it great tool watch.

As it comes to Spork, I have one sitting home in box. If you are Interested let me know.

Decent value but what were they thinking with that date window

Quote Originally Posted by sinner77 View Post
    I owned one of these. They are field versions of NH8380. Bezel from these fits.

Large and chunky watch, lume is great.

Cons are rattly bracelet, wonky non screw down crown and a bit of rough finish on case. For the price you cant complaint, it great tool watch.

As it comes to Spork, I have one sitting home in box. If you are Interested let me know.
    Didn't know about the non screw down crown - that's a shame.

No worries on the bracelet though, imagine it'll go onto a rubber or codura strap from the watch box pretty soon after arrival. My only other Citizen - the new 'Ray Mears' mono thing - has lived solely on NATO straps from day one. Bracelet with that was rubbish too.

I'd be very interested in your Spork if you were going to let it go at original RRP (but as I'm sure you know you really shouldn't - they seem to go for silly money these days!) They're a cracking watch, but not for a grand for me...

Master
    Define RRP?

Craftsman
    As a tool watch there’s really no complaints from me at ca £150 especially given the fact it has an automatic movement and a date function. I bought my first Citizen almost 30 years ago and its still going strong !!

Quote Originally Posted by Crazytrain View Post
    Nothing, arrives Monday :)

Well, it's here and it's staying.

As suspected the bracelet is not nice, took it off without even bothering to size it.

But now, on a cheap two piece nylon strap I'm very impressed for what it is.

Clearly a cheap watch, but they have their place in my watch box...

Awesome and is the lume blue like my one ?
    Looks fab

Quote Originally Posted by Sulie View Post
    Awesome and is the lume blue like my one ?
    Looks fab
    No, it's green. Not bad at all, but without comparing side by side doesn't feel as torch like as typical Seiko lume...