closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Watchfinder international stock

Watchfinder international stock

I was looking at Watchfinder to see what they might give me for one of my Datejust's and noticed this one https://www.watchfinder.co.uk/Rolex/...tem/231824?v=2 for sale but the watch is located in the US. Not sure when they started doing this or the implications VAT wise if someone in the UK was to buy it

Edit: Just looked at various other references and they appear to hold stock all over the world

A while ago I bought a Longines from them.

That came from the U.S. Im pretty sure it wasnt advertised as being in the U.S., they did do tell me when I was going through the trade process, that it would take a few days, and it was in fact in the U.S.

It didnt really bother me, I think it took around a week or so to come to me.

(when I say I "bought" a watch from them. I meant it was all part of a trade).

Blog Entries
    I would contact them for advice. Being multinational they may have means of import before selling so you don’t have to be concerned with import costs as a buyer.

I clicked the info button against that price in the advert - and it includes import costs and VAT due. So may be higher than if it was in UK
    Last edited by MartynJC (UK); 5th January 2023 at 16:08.
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

I’ve recently noticed this ,on the right hand side of the listing there’s the countries flag if it isn’t in the uk

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    I asked them about this a couple of days ago. Basically a watch imported from outside the UK would get delivered to their head office first, so they deal with all the import costs, and then they post it the buyer. So the buyer does not have to worry about anything apart from the longer delivery time (I was told it usually takes a week to reach the buyer).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also spoke to them about this a while ago.

The price you see on the website is the price you pay for the watch delivered to your door, they sort out any impost costs etc.

Quote Originally Posted by boring_sandwich View Post
    I also spoke to them about this a while ago.

The price you see on the website is the price you pay for the watch delivered to your door, they sort out any impost costs etc.
    ah that explains it....i was looking a couple of days ago and they had a green 124300 in UK for £9.1k and one a year older in US for £13.1k......i was thinking it was just market conditions that was driving a rather surprising £4k additional price for the US watch. Obviously its more to do with VAT and transport etc etc

here are two 'tiffany' 124300's to illustrate the point

I do not think that is always the case as there are a lot of watches shown as being in the USA which are cheaper than the UK equivalent.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by boring_sandwich View Post
    I do not think that is always the case as there are a lot of watches shown as being in the USA which are cheaper than the UK equivalent.
    I agree. The downside is that they are less willing to accept any offers on the international stock since it owes them some extra import costs. That was the case for the watch I inquired about anyway.

There’s a really informative thread on VAT on Sales Corner, worth a look.

SydR
    Quote Originally Posted by RamiR View Post
    I agree. The downside is that they are less willing to accept any offers on the international stock since it owes them some extra import costs. That was the case for the watch I inquired about anyway.

I’ve never found WF moving on any prices at all, so have never bought from them as a result.

I did notice the country flags in my recent browsing and was going to make enquiries with them. This thread has been great and saved me that trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by SydR View Post
    I’ve never found WF moving on any prices at all, so have never bought from them as a result.

I did notice the country flags in my recent browsing and was going to make enquiries with them. This thread has been great and saved me that trouble.
    They seem to be moving on price at the moment. I was told in store recently things are extremely quiet for them.

You may also notice prices for the same model, dial configuration and age etc are all over the place often with thousands in the difference. I guess they are just hopeful someone bites at the cheaper price!

Craftsman
    I bought from them about 18 months ago, a LE Panerai and they moved about 5% and also gave me good value on my trade.

Then sometimes you get a situation where you’re offered £4K for a Blancpain FF titanium on bracelet and wonder what meds they are on, after having traded a Bremont Hercules in steel for £6k

I think they are very reactive to market conditions which is why it’s hit and miss at times

In the early days of watchfinder i had some awful experience, but received a panerai 660 from them at a price better than chrono 24 and super efficient service. If things are quiet, maybe now is the time to make some silly offers

Craftsman
    I bought an omega from WF In December. It came from the US. There were no additional charges and free delivery. The price I paid at checkout was the total. It even stated somewhere in the ordering process not to worry there are no additional duties or taxes to be paid.

I should have added I got 10% discount off a Rolex recently and a decent px price against it.

Craftsman
    Talking about watchfinder discounts, contacted them yesterday to enquire if a watch they have listed has gone through a service. The nice sales person confirmed this... then the price suddenly went up on the listing online by 545 pounds