closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Looking for a watch roll

Journeyman

Looking for a watch roll

Happy new year first of all!

I'm on the hunt for a watch roll as the Mrs and I will be heading on a bit of extended travelling later this year. She is currently mid cancer treatment and thankfully, it's all going well but as others here well know. It can be quite a hard slog.

Once we get the treatment behind us. The plan is to head of on an extended holiday for a few months.

With that in mind? I'm looking for a travel roll to cart a few watches along with me ;)
    A friend on another forum recommended mirage 3 slot roll. Something along these lines https://amzn.eu/d/4WIDX7c

I haven't found anything in real leather to bear it on price, and if it could be initialled I'd already have bought it ;)

So long story short, does anyone have any leads on somewhere I can buy a decent quality leather watch roll,witg a monogram/initialling option for the same ballpark price?

Craftsman
    Bump for the weekend in the hope someone answers the OP as i’m also in the market for a double watch roll.
    I don’t think I could risk buying a three watch roll as my OCD would be forced to fill it, so just cheaper to stick with what I’ve got (for now)

Thanks in advance.

Op have you seen the one just listed in SC

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Walts View Post
    Bump for the weekend in the hope someone answers the OP as i’m also in the market for a double watch roll.
    I don’t think I could risk buying a three watch roll as my OCD would be forced to fill it, so just cheaper to stick with what I’ve got (for now)

Thanks in advance.

Op have you seen the one just listed in SC
    Best advice is only wear one watch when you travel because 99% of insurances only cover you only if you are wearing it or if you are in the same room if anything happens to it.

Don't kid your self that a Hotels reception safe provides cover, they are past masters are wriggling out of claims.

The room safes are totally useless and normally have a limit of a couple of hundred pounds.

Your choice but I never take a second watch when away from home.

Craftsman
    Thank you…..

I’m not sure about the OP but for me it was to keep mine tucked away at home, safe and easy to access. As I only wear my smart watches infrequently I don’t use a winder but would rather have them out of the boxes and easier for me to get to when needed.

There's a roll on Sales Corner - HERE. It's more than the one you linked to on Amazon.
    Last edited by Skier; 15th January 2023 at 15:37.

ETSY can be pretty good for leather goods. Some will be imported from the far east, but there will also be more local individual leather workers. Prices are pretty good and I suspect personalisation will be easy to find.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Wolf ones are good value when on sale. Although there’s a really lovely single watch Patek Philippe one in sales corner !

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by gaurav_tzuk View Post
    Wolf ones are good value when on sale. Although there’s a really lovely single watch Patek Philippe one in sales corner !
    Wolf was definitely my first thought. Seem to be limited on the double versions though so now looking at a few alternatives.

Quote Originally Posted by Skier View Post
    There's a roll on Sales Corner - HERE. It's more than the one you linked to on Amazon.
    The Kauffman is ace. The partitions are slotted, the cushions slide in, so watches are kept secure. When open it works well as a display case. They aren't cheap but occasionally seconds are sold via eBay at half price and you would be hard pressed to find the fault with them

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Wolff View Post
    The Kauffman is ace. The partitions are slotted, the cushions slide in, so watches are kept secure. When open it works well as a display case. They aren't cheap but occasionally seconds are sold via eBay at half price and you would be hard pressed to find the fault with them
    Seconded. Someone mentioned them on a thread a year or so back and I got one with a discount. Bought a second one last November, after getting an email mentioning a discount. Also, cushions are small enough for my small wrist straps which I understand can be a problem with some watch cushions.

Pricey for sure but lovely!

I bought this waxed cotton number by Roldorf in Canada years ago and it’s been magnificent. Not sure if they still make them but if they do I’d highly recommend it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Thanks to everyone who chimed in.
    I may yet still buy a mirage or that Roldorf in the last post, which is very striking.

In the meantime I pulled the trigger on a €19 AliExpress option as much out of curiosity as need.

I am actually very pleasantly surprised by the quality of this. Far better than I have any right to expect for €19.

It's genuine leather, well stitched and the cushion is substantial enough that the lack of dividers aren't a problem for my watched.

The one thing I'd knock it for, is the particularly heavy logo embossing of a nonsense company name "contacts family" is legible from space 😉 whilst my own laser etched moniker is light but visible.

I was going to share some photos but it would totally doxx me as my name is emblazoned, not that I'm all that anonymous anyway.

TL,DR; Quite a decent option for less than €20.