closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: SUUNTO ELEMENTUM TERRA

SUUNTO ELEMENTUM TERRA

Not a WTB as yet, but interested in the thoughts of any owners past and present,
    Last edited by number2; 28th December 2022 at 11:03.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

I had one years ago (must be quite old model now).

All I can remember, the negative display model I had was very difficult to read so didn’t get on with it and sold on.

If you are serious, get the standard display.

I have had one for over 5 years .
    Bought new on close out from Cotswold.
    Does the job for what I wanted , which is a simple watch to take on my walking trips.
    Only really gets used on holiday , and has been a few exotic places.
    Pretty basic features, just compass and altimeter , but that is enough, well maybe temp would be nice.
    Powerful alarm also which helps for the odd early morning .
    Construction is great, feels very nicely made and fits nicely on wrist . Controls with the spinning knob are superb.
    Let down by ineligibility of the dial on the version I have and pretty poor battery life .
    Often needs the light on to see the dial , even in daylight , which is annoying .
    Batteries not a big problem , needs a new one every 6-12 months but easy to change yourself .
    Compass is a nice feature , with simple graphics , but can be a bit off in direction sometimes , which is not great :) .
    Overall very well made , nice to look at watch .
    Hope that helps .

Master
    Unless your heart is set on that model I find the core a better all rounder with similar (if not better) feature set at a cheaper price point.

I have one sat in a box that I haven’t used since I sent it back k for a battery replacement a couple of years back. I really liked it when I was in Oz, and could tell the height of the fields/paddocks I was herding cattle in on the bikes or quads.
    It's just a matter of time...

Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    I have one sat in a box that I haven’t used since I sent it back k for a battery replacement a couple of years back. I really liked it when I was in Oz, and could tell the height of the fields/paddocks I was herding cattle in on the bikes or quads.
    Oha that sounds like an adventure..

Master
    I’ve had them via the Garmin Amazon sale where they often do decent sized discounts.

I liked it but battery life was poor.

Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    Not a WTB as yet, but interested in the thoughts of any owners past and present,
    You have a PM :)

I have had one since 2015, its lives in a drawer most of the time (use for camping/hiking), but at least its been worn more than the Traverse Alpha :/

Agree with getting a regular display,
    I bought the spec ops blacked out version for when im operating out of the snack aisle of Lidl, but its near illegible in low lighting (without the EL display backlighting being turned on and giving away my position)

Build quality is nice, display is simple to read, 22mm lugs iirc, takes 2032’s like other Suunto’s so is fairly simple to change batteries on which die pretty quick.

As a daily outdoors watch, with more formal styling than a Core, it’s a good choice vs the smarter versions like the Traverse or Garmin equivalents that need constantly charged.

Update,
    A generous forum member has sent me his elementum with the previso that should I not "get along with it" it will be donated to the TZ fund, so far fresh battery and it's working fine.