closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Too many idiots posting on this

Too many idiots posting on this

Forget it. Too many fannies on here now.
    Last edited by watchlovr; 30th December 2022 at 15:35.

Quote Originally Posted by watchlovr View Post
    Report from a good friend who’s just arrived in Bangkok, he buys n sells watches, jewellery etc, recently more watches tbh.
    Anything Rolex/Patek (mainly Nautilus tbh) post 2000 is getting “slaughtered”. (his words)
    Either a straight no or buy price offered is very low.
    Nothing specific just a generalisation.
    He knows most of the bkk thai/viet/Italian dealers who are resident or float in and out of the capitol.

He reckons pre 2000 and vintage is being traded but market has softened (this is also my experience from my limited view)
    Meaning specifically prices have dropped a little and selling takes longer.

I’m not looking to start a debate, this is my and my friend’s take on it, you may have a different opinion.
    Eh?

Master
    Report from a good friend who’s just arrived in Bangkok, he buys n sells watches, jewellery etc, recently more watches tbh.
    Anything Rolex/Patek (mainly Nautilus tbh) post 2000 is getting “slaughtered”. (his words)
    He knows most of the bkk thai/viet/Italian dealers who are resident or float in and out of the capitol.

He reckons pre 2000 and vintage is being traded but market has softened (this is also my experience from my limited view)

I’m not looking to start a debate, this is my and my friend’s take on it, you may have a different opinion.
    This can be seen on any watch tracking site. I use chrono24 which is apparently 2 months ish behind on actual prices. Some examples are below and shown no sign of tailing off. They are still above 2019 prices at the moment though.
    - GMT BLNR. 2019 = 13,300. 2022 peak = 21,500, current = 16,000.
    - GMT BLRO. 2019 = 14,500. 2022 peak = 24,500, current = 17,500.
    - Omega snoopy (current model) fallen from 27,500 at its peak to 20,500.
    - Current explorer 2 polar has fallen 2,500 from its peak.
    - VC overseas dual time black dial has fallen £6k from its peak.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Look at it day to day or week to week and the swings look massive. Values are still a lot higher than they were in 2019 and prior.

Great news - I can still sell all my Patek and Rolex at above RRP should I need to (all bought at or below RRP), and hopefully this will speed up the Patek and Rolex that I'm waiting on.

“I don’t want to get into a ‘he said/she said’ …………………. “

Immediately after telling you what she said……………..

Looking forward to them all falling back to 2012 prices... So that I can start collecting again.

Quote Originally Posted by timc View Post
    Looking forward to them all falling back to 2012 prices... So that I can start collecting again.
    Amen to that

Quote Originally Posted by timc View Post
    Won’t happen - they’ve become the male equivalent of the Hermes Birkin handbag and the like - stratospherically priced and almost unobtainable even though the product itself is very well made but - whisper it - nowhere near worth the asking price. A product for the poseurs out there, or the wealthy watch collector who recognises them for what they really are and ignores the hype. Most of the latter are probably on this forum and similar - the rest don’t look beyond the logo - or they’re just investors who view them as another commodity. For most of us they’re no longer really relevant, and it’s clear Rolex couldn’t care less - the latter groups are the target market now. And that’s fine, I just wonder when the forum will stop churning out the same stuff about the same brand!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great intel, I’ve seen the same in the Chinese used watch market. Lots of bargain to be had right now

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    Won’t happen - they’ve become the male equivalent of the Hermes Birkin handbag and the like - stratospherically priced and almost unobtainable even though the product itself is very well made but - whisper it - nowhere near worth the asking price. A product for the poseurs out there, or the wealthy watch collector who recognises them for what they really are and ignores the hype. Most of the latter are probably on this forum and similar - the rest don’t look beyond the logo - or they’re just investors who view them as another commodity. For most of us they’re no longer really relevant, and it’s clear Rolex couldn’t care less - the latter groups are the target market now. And that’s fine, I just wonder when the forum will stop churning out the same stuff about the same brand!
    When people accept they are the preferred 'see' in chav land, and it will only get worse.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

I had heard of a softening market in London too, which I had assumed was resulting in the more interesting watches that are appearing. I wonder what numbers they were seeing..

Idiot fanny reporting for duty!

Master
    Idiot fanny reporting for duty!

Class, nearly spat my beer out🤣🤣

"I want to make a statement - I expect you to accept it without comment or argument...................... "

You are Boris/Lizz/Rishi - and I claim my £10.

Or - a fanny.

I did warn you...

What a strange thread.

An opener inviting debate, specifically asking for no debate, then throwing the toys out the pram two days after the last reply, drawing attention to the tantrum over nothing.

What’s this forum again? Watch something is it? Begins with t? :)

Master
    My collection is overall up 57% on purchase price, the gains/loss spread is 169% (Rolex 16570) to -3% (NOMOS Tangente 38)
    Last edited by J J Carter; 30th December 2022 at 22:05.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by J J Carter View Post
    My collection is overall up 57% on purchase price, the gains/loss spread is 169% (Rolex 16570) to -3% (NOMOS Tangente 38)
    At the last count my collection was up around 300%, a very rough estimate based on mental arithmetic and a good memory........24 watches and only one Rolex!

If I reached the stage of having spreadsheets and updating the values I think I’d have a quiet word with myself, collecting should be about far more than profit/loss.
    Last edited by walkerwek1958; 30th December 2022 at 22:33.

Master
    >collecting should be about far more than profit/loss.<

That's why there's a NOMOS Tangente 38 in my collection...

And that’s fine, I just wonder when the forum will stop churning out the same stuff about the same brand!

Why don’t you start?

Too many idiots posting on this

Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    Why don’t you start?
    I knew I’d get some kind of smart alec remark just like that! - it seems to wind you up for some reason?

Master

Interesting….

Quote Originally Posted by Ar.parask View Post

Interesting….
    Not really, they are not selling at the minute so why build up stock of something that is not shifting?.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

I knew I’d get some kind of smart alec remark just like that! - it seems to wind you up for some reason?

HOHOHO like clock work is Rajjy.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    Not really, they are not selling at the minute so why build up stock of something that is not shifting?.
    Quite relevant if you ask me. If they are not shifting at the current asking prices then they will only go down until they shift…
    They were seen as an easy way to make profit out the door from an AD. This does not seem to be the case anymore

On the contrary, the thread is quite interesting...

Do you know the approx prices that your friend was seeing transactions at? Thanks in advance.

So far... The data I see from this thread as follows: current falls to an unknown level, current buyers (WF) stepping out of the market and benchmarked past falls.

[Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Forget it. Too many fannies on here now.

Master
    I was looking in robinsons in Leicester the other day and a lot or their Rolex were reduced but only maybe £500 of a 12k watch

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael 38 View Post
    I was looking in robinsons in Leicester the other day and a lot or their Rolex were reduced but only maybe £500 of a 12k watch
    It’s a start! They wouldn’t be dropping the price if they could sell them at the higher price.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    It’s a start! They wouldn’t be dropping the price if they could sell them at the higher price.
    Hard to think they would sell anything, their prices are way out of date now.
    Unless they want to keep them till 2024 and hope the maths gets back up.

Asked watch finder to buy a SS Daytona, they said, no thanks.

So it's a funny market atm and you still cannot buy a new one at an AD unless it's a dj or YM.

So if dealers are not buying, AD not selling, and Rolex selling 2nd hand stock at £3k above grey market with no box and papers. How do you buy a Rolex today lol !