closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: What would the going rate be for a 16600 in mint condition ?

What would the going rate be for a 16600 in mint condition ?

I was looking at this SeaDweller the other day and I thought it was very fairly priced even a "bargain".

Mint condition, box, papers etc from 2008, 12 months warranty.

It looked really nice, I need to start selling off my collection and hoarding some funds for when I see another.

What would you consider a fair price ?

£50,000

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    £50,000
    Too much brandy in your Christmas pud ?

£8000 private and £9000 from
    a dealer.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTigerUK View Post
    Too much brandy in your Christmas pud ?
    £13.62 then

Quote Originally Posted by boring_sandwich View Post
    £8000 private and £9000 from
    a dealer.
    Thanks, thats what it was selling for I thought that seemed about right.

Rolex SEA-DWELLER REF 16600 (2008) – SOLD

£8,795.00

Master
    I bought one from a forum member for £8500.( around 2 years ago I think!) Full set in unpolished and minty condition with Rolex service history. The best watch I have owned.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Toad monitor View Post
    I bought one from a forum member for £8500.( around 2 years ago I think!) Full set in unpolished and minty condition with Rolex service history. The best watch I have owned.
    I think that might have been me! It sure was a good one!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ditchvisitor View Post
    I think that might have been me! It sure was a good one!
    Traded yours for a 116600 with a forum member(the minty Japan one)regretted it and some weeks later bought another one from Vince. (snoodles). Great no bullsh*t watches.
    Last edited by Toad monitor; 30th December 2022 at 14:57.

I love the 16600 - my first luxury watch (and one of the last off the line), I remember feeling quite tense paying my AD the extortionate (to me) £3980 RRP back in May 2009. It will be my last one to go.

I sold one here this summer - can’t remember price, was around £9k

Search old thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Grand Master
    Going rate is £8500 for my full set 2k one.

Sent from my SM-A125F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by P9CLY View Post
    Going rate is £8500 for my full set 2k one.

That looks very nice Paul and a good price.

So £8,795.00 from a dealer and in "mint" condition with a years warranty was more than fair.

I also have the 16610 Sub which I wear more often because somehow it fits better to my wrist... but I love my 16600 too. Such a great watch.

I’ve been wearing line for the last few weeks after it’s spent most of the year in the safe, such a great watch, very comfortable and looks just right.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Grand Master
    That looks very nice Paul and a good price.

So £8,795.00 from a dealer and in "mint" condition with a years warranty was more than fair.
    It is indeed.

If you have several vintage Seikos maybe a trade can be done.

Quote Originally Posted by JPE View Post
    I also have the 16610 Sub which I wear more often because somehow it fits better to my wrist... but I love my 16600 too. Such a great watch.
    Useful........................

Grand Master

Nice wrist shot of your 16600.

Craftsman
    I bought mine from a dealer around 5 years ago, at a price of 6k. It was basically a NOS watch so I think what you paid is about right in todays market. I don't understand why people sell their 16600s; They will never generate great sums of cash from a sale and to me are absolute keepers.
    Last edited by Spesh; 30th December 2022 at 21:57.

Master
    I've noticed used / trade prices of the 16600 have taken a bit of a battering of late. I had one offer from WF as a straight sale late 2021 which was 2k over a PX quote I got back in Aug 22 from them. WF used to be my default but not anymore.

The prices went from 5000 to 10000 very quickly.

I paid 3800 euros for this 16710 full set back in 2008. We haven't really become any richer or wealthier after that. They have just printed ridiculous amount of money. It's all loan.

They're asking now.... what... over 10K for a full set. It's ridiculous. These are mass produced watches. I'd never buy for those prices. It's not worth that much, imho.

It's only good for us hobbyists that the prices come down to more realistic levels.

Master
    Prices need to take a battering if the market wants to remain buoyant and keep buyers/sellers interest alive and kicking. The last 3yrs have been a silly rollercoaster and the only problem was, it only went up. Now it’s definitely gone over the top and is rapidly coming back down the other side which has made many people feeling sick that their losing thousands. The majority of s/s watches are overpriced for what they actually are, the same as timber/bricks and building materials are as of late and a correction is taking place. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but as no one knew where the top of the curve was, no one knows where the bottom is either. People could buy Rolex with confidence over the last 5yrs especially knowing that it was a free ride, but now even with the best brands that confidence is now gone.
    I for one would love to return to the days when £3K would enable you to try out numerous popular brands and different style watches without the fear of being burnt but on the flip side I would forego that my purchase wouldn’t be going up by 50% over a year either.

The Tulip bubble always comes to mind when thinking about rising prices.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulip_mania

Master
    I still think at £8.5-9k the 16600 is good value in todays market as In my humble opinion they are one of the best sports watches in the 5 digit range , just a great great watch .

I like some of the Modern Ceramic Stuff but for me the 4 & 5 digit is where it’s at .

Quote Originally Posted by marksh View Post
    I still think at £8.5-9k the 16600 is good value in todays market as In my humble opinion they are one of the best sports watches in the 5 digit range , just a great great watch .

I like some of the Modern Ceramic Stuff but for me the 4 & 5 digit is where it’s at .
    At that price it is not good value - it's a great watch but it's not worth that kind of money.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    At that price it is not good value - it's a great watch but it's not worth that kind of money.

It’s all about opinion isn’t it that’s all , I prefer the 5 digit stuff over the modern ceramic and the like and have a soft spot for the 16600 as it was my first Rolex .

I lost the fun & enjoyment of watches whilst the market madness was taking place last year , bit more with it now but loads of fun and value to be had with CWC , Seiko , Precista Smiths and others tbh .

I also lost interest in new watches. Haven't bought barely anything in the last 10 years.

I'd love to buy a 16750 or 1675 but am I going to pay 13K for one?

Hell no.

I'm happy that I bought my Rolexes a long time ago. For today's prices I wouldn't buy them again.

I'm happy that I bought my Rolexes a long time ago. For today's prices I wouldn't buy them again.
    I'm veering in the same direction. I would still be up for buying them though had my salary kept pace (even within sight, certainly not spitting distance) with the movement in Rolex prices in the past 5-8 years. Although, it must be said, the £45k pa boarding school fees haven't helped the cause ...

But, on the plus side, we can still enjoy your excellent photos of your current Rolexes. (o;

I also lost interest in new watches. Haven't bought barely anything in the last 10 years.

I'd love to buy a 16750 or 1675 but am I going to pay 13K for one?

Hell no.

You missed the boat on the 1675 - mine was £208 new.

Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    When was that ? 1960s ?

Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    Haha. Yeah. But I'm not quite that old. :D

I missed the 2006-2008 boat too. A friend offered me a 1675 for $5000.

I didn't buy it because I already had a 16710 which I thought was nicer.

I think it's not. 1675/16750 is much nicer. I really like that "flat" look and the bezel.

Cheers.

When was that ? 1960s ?
    1981 - it was prob 1980 build.

From a proper tax-free store.

Quote Originally Posted by jukeboxs View Post
    I'm veering in the same direction. I would still be up for buying them though had my salary kept pace (even within sight, certainly not spitting distance) with the movement in Rolex prices in the past 5-8 years. Although, it must be said, the £45k pa boarding school fees haven't helped the cause ...

But, on the plus side, we can still enjoy your excellent photos of your current Rolexes. (o;
    Dear God... that is 5 years income for us. I think we have been left behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairos View Post
    Dear God... that is 5 years income for us. I think we have been left behind.
    I did have to take a loan out for some of it! [I should add, we didn't go down this route without a lot of thought, but our youngest daughter had a lot of self-harming / bullying issues, and this seemed like one solution. Which has amazingly worked for her. So, me missing out on several nice watches has been a small price to pay really.]

Quote Originally Posted by jukeboxs View Post
    I did have to take a loan out for some of it! [I should add, we didn't go down this route without a lot of thought, but our youngest daughter had a lot of self-harming / bullying issues, and this seemed like one solution. Which has amazingly worked for her. So, me missing out on several nice watches has been a small price to pay really.]
    Congratulations to you and your daughter, you can not replace family, watches are just watches.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by ichaice View Post
    Bit of a thread resurrection! Wondering what would be a realistic price now for a minty full set 2008 16600?
    It's not that far back, I'd assume market hasn't adjusted by too much? However I might be wrong...

Olloydy

Quote Originally Posted by ichaice View Post
    Bit of a thread resurrection! Wondering what would be a realistic price now for a minty full set 2008 16600?
    Still have it at slightly north of £8,500, closer to £9k with recent RSC Service…………….. (but not polished)

... unless it's one of the final V-serials from mid-2009 like mine, which ramps up the estimate.

Grand Master
    I think £8695 for my full set 2002 flat4 bezel will see it jump from my wrist to yours......

Watches of Whitby just put up a spanking looking one for 9.5