closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: It’s Panto Season!

It’s Panto Season!

So for something a little different and a bit more joyous that my usual rants on the Tories, Brexit, COVID and many others, how about we share what Pantomines we are going (dragged) too!

I’ll start, Tenbury Wells Robin Hood

- part professional, more amateurish! The jokes are older than my Great, Great, Great Grandfather! The groans and hisses for the Sheriff are good though!

Jack and the Beanstalk at Worthing Pavilion. The animatronic giant was impressive.

Best line of the show (from the baddie) "You only play Worthing twice in your career, once on the way up and once on the way down...and it's great to be back"

Master
    Blog Entries

Oh No It Isn’t

Beauty And The Beast, Malvern.
    Forth year in a row, not my favourite story but excellent as usual. No major starts but a returning Mark James (apparently from Britains Got Talent) was once again very funny.
    I love the panto

Went to see Jack & the Beanstalk at London Palladium - it was superb, V funny and great production!.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    Went to see Jack & the Beanstalk at London Palladium - it was superb, V funny and great production!.
    Interest to know if they also had Brian Blessed as the voice of the giant?

Quote Originally Posted by Caruso View Post
    Interest to know if they also had Brian Blessed as the voice of the giant?
    No idea.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Went to see Granny Goose at York's Grand Opera House. No celebs just Berwick Kaler and his usual team.

I had a first date at the Woking panto 16 years ago and have been every year (bar covid cancellation) since. 4 years after that first date, I proposed (at the panto), she said yes. This year we had our 10 and 6 year olds with us. You might have guessed, we love the panto! My Birthday is the 7th and we always go as close to that as possible to kick off the Christmas period.

I buy the tickets when they come out (usually May) and we have always sat in the front row, except the first date. No exception this year and muggins got called onto stage to play the foil to Brian Conley's Buttons (singing Wonder of You and some other nonsense).

It's a great one this year, very slick compared to some others we've seen (Gareth Gates was dreadful). Well worth going if you're anywhere near!

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy! View Post
    I had a first date at the Woking panto 16 years ago and have been every year (bar covid cancellation) since. 4 years after that first date, I proposed (at the panto), she said yes. This year we had our 10 and 6 year olds with us. You might have guessed, we love the panto! My Birthday is the 7th and we always go as close to that as possible to kick off the Christmas period.

I buy the tickets when they come out (usually May) and we have always sat in the front row, except the first date. No exception this year and muggins got called onto stage to play the foil to Brian Conley's Buttons (singing Wonder of You and some other nonsense).

It's a great one this year, very slick compared to some others we've seen (Gareth Gates was dreadful). Well worth going if you're anywhere near!
    Was there yesterday with the kids, second your recommendation!

Master
    Robin Hood , Boxing day with the grandsons , doesnt get any better :)

My father was a panto regular in London and the South East; he was an Ugly Sister/ Troubador sort of character. Good money if I recall correctly.
    An early memory for me is being bounced from lap to lap as the Tiller Girls "adopted" me when it was necessary for my father to take me along to a performance at the London Palladium due to a sudden illness of my mother.
    I saw many panto's from the wings in those days, and remember with great fondness many of the "stars" who went out of their way to make a fuss of me.
    In later years I used to "borrow" a gaggle of youngsters and took them to see the local panto performance. Unfortunately I now don't know any families with eligible youngsters well enough to ask to borrow the children, and random advances to casual acquaintances asking to take their children away for a treat might not meet with universal approval from the parents, wider society, or indeed the Sex Offenders' Register so I fear my panto days are over.

You are welcome to have mine but you have to keep them for at least a week
    Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH

I’ll do the same deal but will only cost you 3 days!

Master
    Snow White, Milton Keynes theatre. Some stars even I recognise and some rather funny bits. Better than the dancing planks that was diversity last year.

Sleeping Beauty at the Marlowe Theater in Canterbury

(They authorised taking pictures at that point)
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    (They authorised taking pictures at that point)
    Oh no they didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Curta View Post
    Oh no they didn't.
    It’s the law.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    It’s the law.
    He's behind you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Curta View Post
    He's behind you.
    We’ll have to do it again then, won’t we?!

Croydon Fairfield Hall

Further Adventures of Peter Pan
    Save Your Money
    Squashy2

Master
    Blog Entries
    Robin Hood at the theatre Royal in Bury Saint Edmunds but only because my daughter is in the cast for the second year running. She’s been on stage since she was 4 and has just been signed by Arianna Grande’s manager and agent in LA and win actress of the year in her age category as part of a series of week long auditions over in LA. At 13 she has some fantastic opportunities ahead hopefully and her dedication to her music and drama as well as academia and sports is a joy to behold.
    I’ve seen her in so many productions but it still brings a lump to my throat every time