closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grotty cold / flu

Master

Grotty cold / flu

I’ve been ill for most of December. Seriously I can’t ever remember feeling so run down for such an extended period. I’m a fairly active, healthy middle-aged bloke and am rarely unwell.

I thought I’d finally got over it yesterday and headed to the pub for a couple of beers after running a few errands. Today I feel like I’ve been kicked by a horse and set back a couple of weeks.

Anyone else suffering with this? Urgh.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Covid? Loads of it going round.

Craftsman
    Me ? No not yet but everyone else yes. I think I’m on borrowed time. Probably go down with it Xmas day knowing my luck

Master
    I’ve tested repeatedly for covid - negative every time

Master
    Avoided the dreaded COVID for nearly 3 years but finally succumbed the weekend before last. Felt like I’d been hit by a train for a couple of days and still testing +ve 10 days later but feeling a lot better.

Craftsman
    My girlfriend has something very similar and was bed ridden for the first few days of this week.

Three Covid tests have been negative.

I feel like I’m on borrowed time with this too as I’m expecting to come down with it once I’ve stopped work!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

I woke up feeling pretty rotten today. Bungged up nose, headache, just feeling meh.
    A good nights sleep will hopefully help.
    The last time I was ill was with covid 2.5 years ago.
    Last edited by Sinnlover; 23rd December 2022 at 11:39.

Yep, had a couple of nasty colds back to back recently. Much worse than normal - likewise, rarely get ill but properly wiped out.

Lots of it about including my relatives. I had a bad cold some weeks ago followed by a cough which took some budging.

Master
    Google RSV, it's knocked the wife and kids low for weeks, I can feel myself fighting it off.

I've been feeling really, really rank for the last few days and SWMBO's also been feeling a bit poorly for about the same time.

She suggested we both take a Covid test annnnnnnd... she's proved positive but I"m negative!

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Me too
    Really Chesty and wheezing.
    Just feel not 100%

Has an extended family (immediate, kids and grand kids)we have all really been suffering and have had bad colds and the cough is a killer especially during the night, my wife had Covid again and due to underlying health issues it hits her bad and she has never really got over the other times she has had it.

One of the grand daughters family have been ill for three weeks or more and the grand daughter has pneumonia.

No one seems to be escaping it young or old apart from my wife's mother who is 96 (tough old girl).

Oh well.

Add me to the list. Blocked nose, sore throat, shivering, no energy.

We're meant to be spending a few days staying with friends from Saturday, but I'm not sure whether I'll be up to it (or if it would be fair to risk passing this on to them).

several weeks of odd cold like symptoms, must have sneezed 100+ times easily

Master
    The cough / asthma / and general grumpy can’t-be-bothered-itis hit me today. Negative for covid and doesn’t feel much like it either, that never started with a cough before, it crept up later. Will keep testing though. Double episodes of Rings of Power and cask strength whisky seem to help. I know you’re not supposed to combine whisky with Lemsip, but it is Christmas.

Master
    I’m with you OP. Defo weird flu of some kind. Beers at Carol evening Tuesday ruined me despite feeling OK at the time. Recovered for a gentle sesh tonight, which took a little “self motivation”. Now reading your post I’m wondering how the morning will be?!

Felt a bit off today, but might be the Aleeve meds I'm taking. Tripped over a cable two weeks ago and went down on my knee. Knee to ankle black and blue and Dr. told me to use Aleeve for the pain.

It has some side effects. Could just be off or maybe the side effects. Will take another before bed and see how I am tomorrow

Haven't been actually sick in 3 years. I don't shake hands with people and avoid any that show any signs of cold etc.

DON

My son brought it home from school and kindly passed it on to me. Now approaching five days of snot, coughing, sore throat, aches etc.

Lovely.
    So clever my foot fell off.

Grotty cold / flu

Theres some real nasty stuff around at the moment, last week in my wife’s class i think half the kids were off. For the past few days I've had really sore legs but felt ok, last night i came home and it hit me like a tonne of bricks, shivers, cough almost out of nowhere and the feeling that someone’s taken a bat to my legs and upper back…..Just in time for xmas, i guess it gets me out the food shopping.

Edit…. It’s covid, bugger
    Last edited by Franky Four Fingers; 23rd December 2022 at 10:12.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    I’ve been ill for most of December. Seriously I can’t ever remember feeling so run down for such an extended period. I’m a fairly active, healthy middle-aged bloke and am rarely unwell.

I thought I’d finally got over it yesterday and headed to the pub for a couple of beers after running a few errands. Today I feel like I’ve been kicked by a horse and set back a couple of weeks.

Anyone else suffering with this? Urgh.
    Yes been exactly the same. Like you middle aged and active and rarely get that I'll.
    I reckon its the past couple of years not mixing and over sanitising everything has not helped out immune systems.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sprite1275 View Post
    Yes been exactly the same. Like you middle aged and active and rarely get that I'll.
    I reckon its the past couple of years not mixing and over sanitising everything has not helped out immune systems.
    I’ve been like the OP description since September.

Tested negative 4 times in 9 days from one LFT box. That box ran out out kit so used another one, then tested positive immediately!!

I don’t trust the kits anymore.

That was 4 weeks ago and never really recovered from fierce and prolonged cough along with blocked tubes. Cough varies from dry, tickly kind to massively productive. Pissed off really.

Jim

Journeyman
    Wife and I have both had the flu that's going around.. completely floored us and I still don't feel 100% after 2 weeks.. thankfully on the tail end just before Xmas so hopefully we'll be fine for the big day!

Sent from my SM-S908B using Tapatalk

Our village is now like a ghost town, at least half of the families here are down with either Covid or bad chests, sore throat, copious phlegm, headaches, etc. Seems to have emanated from the primary school children and then exacerbated by the nativity plays last week, which had most of the villagers in attendence. As I'm non-Covid I was sent off to the medical surgery/local pharmacy and have just finished delivering the medicines to all and sundry.

It's going to be a very quiet Christmas here this year.

Stay safe, y'all.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

That's shite Ralphy. The UK is in a rising wave of Covid hospital admissions that look like it may peak well above the last wave, around 1,300/day presently I think.

Master
    Hope everyone is feeling better soon.

My wife has been ill in bed for days and seems to be getting worse if anything.

Typical that this year we had been spared an alcohol free family Christmas and were invited over to some friends for the day, which I was looking forward to. Never mind, if spoon feeding her upstairs with Spicy Parsnip soup is how it has to be, so be it.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Everyone at work is either off sick or has been off sick this past week with proper flu so ive been working like a demon covering remotely.
    Hope everyone affected here feels better soon!

Master
    Crikey well I’m clearly not suffering alone! Hope you all recover enough to enjoy some of Christmas

Master
    Doing the rounds here too. Definitely not Covid because I had Covid the week prior to catching this. Proper drained me, and I’m quite active. Still not 100% 3 weeks later..

day 9 of it! and just slept 5 hrs this aft straight just up, its rife in yorkshire, first two days felt crap really bad cough wheezing , felt like i had cracked ribs on both sides, one night of insane pain in my hip joints !, one day of runny nose only really weird, two covid test proved negative so far,

one of the best things i bought was a home oxygenator when i had covid last Christmas, used it for past 9 days before bed and into night when i was bad, i think its defo helped keep symptoms' lessened ,

Damn thing's suddenly got me sweating this evening. Had enough of it now.
    So clever my foot fell off.

Both my lads have been knocked for six by this. Poor things have had no energy and been poorly for the past week. Thankfully they’re on the mend and feeling a lot better in recent days.

Right on cue before hosting my mum and dad for Christmas Day, I started to feel ropey.

Temperature, full of snot and aching. Not covid apparently but I’m going to have to cancel the meal tomorrow as it isn’t fair on my mum and dad.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Well I've now joined the club , felt it coming on yesterday, sweating, headache, zero energy .
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Master
    So much of this going around. Finished work yesterday feeling off, can’t tell if I’m end of year tired or coming down with something. Time will tell.

Came back from a Red Sea holiday and one of our party (who had never had it beforehand) has gone down with COVID.

Not affected me (touch wood), although I've still got the intermittent tickly cough I went with.

His partner, though, is testing negative.

M

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

I've also avoided Covid until now, sort of assumed I was just immune. The last few days have been a rude awakening..!

I’m amazed at the number of people I have heard have tested positive in the last few days, a lot of Christmas lunches are getting screwed

Craftsman
    How is everyone now?

Despite avoiding anything over Christmas, I started feeling grotty yesterday and this afternoon I started to feel terrible with upper body aches and shivers.

I’ve been trying to sleep since 22:30 (four hours) without any success due to very hot and very cold spells! Horrible…

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    I feel much better, the only residual is that I get tired around 9pm and need to go to bed. I don’t always sleep but I’m just washed out.

I can't get rid of my coughing, been lingering since I had COVID last month and got a lot worse after I had two days of bad cold last week.

Annoying.
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Just come back from work and our place over Xmas was riddled with some type of flu bug, I doubt there wasn’t a single person in a crew of 60 who didn’t have some type of symptoms over Xmas, I myself had shivers, headaches and just run down, now trying to get rid of this chesty cough.

Interesting if this had been a year ago our place would have been flying people off on covid helicopters, people isolated in a cabins and I don’t think we would have had the staff to keep the place running.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    Me & my dental assistant had both avoided covid until now despite having seen over 6000 patients since the first lockdown, in close proximity, & spraying aerosols in their mouths. Then we both got sick & tested positive in the week before Christmas.
    Now I’m left with the same productive cough as others on here. I managed to ride 100k easy effort on the bike yesterday though & felt better for it.

Both of us have had all the symptoms of flu and also we've tested positive for Covid.

Symptoms: headaches, bad chests, sore throats, poor sleep, aching joints and lethargy. We're self-isolating of course, but are aware that a number of others in our village are experiencing similar.

All in all a rotten Christmas, so fingers crossed for recovery in the New Year.

Take care everyone.

R

Add another to the Covid list.

We avoided it all through, despite working throughout. My family tested positive in the last few days, with my turn today after starting to feel rough last night. Suspect our daughter brought it home from school. Not been the best Christmas.

Loads of flu around this season after two mild seasons owing to lockdown. 7-10 day typical recovery time is more like 3-4 weeks now

I had it about a month ago and after three weeks of intermittent fever I was worried so got myself a referral to the local infectious diseases unit who tested for lots of things but only found influenza A.

Like others, I've never felt so unwell from flu before.

Get jabbed if you can!

Master
    I’m feeling better, finally, but still coughing. I’ve never experienced a bug as persistent and unpleasant as this before

Just got over a virus I've had since Christmas eve.

I felt so weak, it's nice to feel normal again.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Still in bed since Christmas Eve - Covid +ve but it's been the flu (in my opinion) that's floored me. Thankfully the cough / sore throat / stomach muscle aches have now lessened. I'm so glad I got the booster and (first time) flu jab in November, that really made a difference (did it hell !).

Most annoyed at missing our youngest visiting from Uni though - she'll be going back before I make it home (from my self-isolation).

P.S. Finally, a big Thank You to my friends for the gift during my visit on 23rd Dec (to deliver your Hotel Chocolat presents) - during which the wife (of the couple) was coughing away in my direction for several hours (claiming she wasn't infectious, yet ended up being admitted to A&E the next day).

Master
    Same thing. Never been this ill with the flu and that long. No covid. It’s already been two weeks. My wive was sick for three weeks. Both very healthy.

Even cancelled my new year party plans.

I guess all those covid precautions made me weak for anything…

Master
    Had this for 5 days now, negative tests so far, nose no longer running but my ribs, and head ache from coughing, didn’t get to the rugby last night, but my team got beaten anyway, and now wife says I’ll have give the family New Year dinner a miss, every cloud an all that then.