closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Watch Intentions 2023

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by j17ykp View Post
    It’s the big 40 next year for me so thinking of something to mark the occasion.

Amongst the watches in the running are possibly a VC fiftysix, the IWC x petronas or possibly the Tudor Pelagos 39.

Probably will move on a couple if I can.
    It's my 50th early next year and I had put away some cash to pick up a special something to celebrate

Things have changed cash wise in the last year, so that's a bit delayed, but assuming the cash was in hand I'd planned to pick up a Sinn U50, probably with a black bezel and a chrono of some kind (maybe replacing the Speedy I sold a few years back).

Also now tempted by that fantastic Mark XX that's covered in the other chat

Mostly, just gonna hold.

I’m waiting for a couple with blue dials (I’m partial to a blue dial)…although my expectations of either actually materialising in 2023 are not high.

Craftsman
    Picked up a planet ocean a few weeks back. I think that will be it for luxury purposes for the foreseeable future. Not really lusting after anything else so will abstain from any purchase next year. (Although what I say and do are two different things 8-) )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I should be selling those that get little to no use, though I've been stating that for a while now.

Other than that I'm entertaining the idea of having just three brands in the watch box - Tudor, Sinn and Stowa (and a G or two though we all know they don't count).

I will aim to sell a few of the rarely/never worn cheaper ones, although I say that each year and never get around to doing anything.

I will also probably sell a couple of Rolex and an Omega and buy something more interesting with, at most, half of the proceeds.

Sell and don't buy!!!!!

M

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Master
    I am top of the list for an FXD and expect that will come in early 2023, though it could be March-April rather than January-February. But tbh I am not sure that it will excite me.

I miss my 1675 more with every passing year. That might be the only watch that could reignite my interest in watches, because right now I am not feeling it. I have (for my income) a fair amount tied up in watches and do not really want to put in more. But having lost so much cash on the stupid things over the last decade I am loath to incur more losses by selling.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

I stuck to my resolutions and no watches this year other than the Ming which I had committed to in 2021. I suspect another no watch year unless I significantly sell and something catches my eye.

Since buying a Blackbay 58 back in the spring - a foray back into Swiss mechanicals having drifted to the dark side of quartz and G shocks - I’ve hardly worn anything else. It just goes with everything. When I’m not wearing it I’ll strap on a GW-5000U which itself has made all my other G shocks redundant. I think I’ll get rid of the majority of other watches that sit in the watch box and get myself another Swiss mechanical next year - something a bit larger than the 58 perhaps, I’m tempted by the Black bay Pro or the bronze version as they are in the right price range to stay sensible, with an in-house movement.

Pretty much zero aspirations, unless the odd nice Seiko diver pops up on the forum.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Blog Entries
    Very difficult to sell. May buy next year. Would like to replace my Zenith or still hanker after a DJ36 or even a DD
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

I’ll be sending this back to AP for a service and swapping the dial for the original that this reference should have:

To this:

I’m currently waiting delivery of a Tudor BB 925

I’m on the most for a few Rolex, but doubt many will come within the next year:

GMT LHD
    SD
    GV
    Blue SG Sub

Would like a new black dial EXPII, now that they’ve replaced those floating hands, a blue dial YM, and the newer dial Air-King - but…

Other than that. I’m just not sure what I’d want to add. I think I might need to rationalise a lot of the sun-collections, as probably have too many Seiko, Longines, Omega and Tudor.
    It's just a matter of time...

I mentioned in that other thread from 2020 that I was on the list for a two tone GMT. I’m still patiently waiting, so if that arrives next year I’ll be happy.

I suspect they’ve forgotten all about me though.

Once the fiasco at the Post Office is resolved, I am hoping to add a Sinn Arktis 206 to the fold (but it may need to go straight to Sinn / TWR for a replacement crystal and a bracelet polish, dependant on condition).

I would like an Omega '57 chrono (the 2022 re-issue) but the new price of £8,100 is just way too high for me, unless Mr Lotto or Mrs Premium Bond are kind to me.

I'd also love to own this Fortis but they are priced way above the point at which I'd feel comfortable paying.

Sent through the ether by diddling with radio waves
    Last edited by sish101; 25th December 2022 at 14:02.

Craftsman
    I'd like to add a blue faced Sinn 104.

Then a bit of a Seiko cull can happen.

I’m really happy with my collection now. So just looking for one more to finish off for a bit. Either a Sinn 856 or a Damasko DA36/DA38. They tick the box for me as daily wearer that I don’t have to baby too much with the hardened cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    Would like a new black dial EXPII, now that they’ve replaced those floating hands
    Now they've made that change I'm debating going on the list for one too. Always preferred the polar but the black with the updated hands is very nice.

I wouldn’t mind trying a Seiko Alpinist 1959 (SJE085J1). Keeping my eye out for one in the sales as I certainly wouldn’t pay the £2700 retail. There were some very good deals in the Summer on these so hopefully it’ll be the same this year.

Master
    Sell stuff, get Longines Legend Diver.

More or less thats it.

I trimmed my collection almost to the bone to facilitate a property purchase and I'm now down to 3 mechanicals. Now that's out the way I can begin to at least think about adding to the collection. Although there is much to be spent on house wise I imagine I'll be ok to buy another watch in 2023 and this is likely to be a Black Bay 58 Blue. I sold mine as part of the cull but I've missed it ever since.

If a bargain Nomos, Datejust 116234, OP36 or Sinn U50 came up I'd likely jump on it.

I'm on the list for a no date sub and an OP41 Bright Blue. If either comes through in 2023 I'll make it happen.

PS - I've put some money away in a fixed savings account in case my BTL requires a cash injection to reduce LTV when its remortgage time in 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by beechcustom View Post
    If a bargain Nomos, Datejust 116234, OP36 or Sinn U50 came up I'd likely jump on it.
    Oh, or a JLC Polatis auto blue dial...

Resume selling and hopefully have enough to buy a DS/SD sometime in the future and if I don't end up with one its nice to have a quest :)

Master
    I'm down for an FXD, hopefully it will appear in the first quarter of '23, though that will still cost me an extra 10%.
    That's all that I really have on the radar but I might win the lottery, in which case a Fifty Fathoms beckons...

Master
    Blog Entries
    My promise to self is to offload:
    1. A Tudor GMT
    2. A omega mk4.5
    3. A breitling aerospace
    And a few others.

I’ve enjoyed them but time to let others try. Watch this space!

Jim

Although I've always known that the sweet spot watch size for my wrist is 36-40mm depending on style of the watch, I still have a few pieces that I don't wear often as they're a tad too big.

So for the coming year I will be offloading them and if I do buy another watch I'll stick with what's right for me.

Sent from my SM-F936B using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Main target is a no date Sub, for which I’ve been on a list for close to two years. Any chance!? Also got a sudden hankering for a light dialed 36mm Datejust.

Also fancy trying a Seiko Turtle, just need to find the right model. I’m enjoying more modest pieces at the moment to be honest, so maybe add one or two low key ones

Rolex GMT BLRO with Jubilee bracelet.

Craftsman
    16610 LV Submariner keeps wobbling in the collection, lovely though it is. I wear it, I like it but it's just a little marmite for me at the moment. It annoys me it's the only watch in the collection that isn't a full set (it only has service papers from Rolex) despite being mint condition.

The Batman GMT II is another one I'm just not sure about, I think a late alu bezel Pepsi would be more me for some reason. I don't mind modern ceramic Rolex but it just doesn't do it for me for reasons I can't explain.

I do however want to get a Falcon Eye Yacht Master 42. With very little seeming to have been delivered I'm not sure if I'm on a hiding to nothing with that however-I have a feeling it might be exclusive to the VVVIP customers.

If it is unobtainable then I'm thinking of going on the list for the Deep Sea Challenge. I know it's an insane watch and I'm not exactly a massive bloke but I love the engineering of it and the absurdity of Rolex actually selling the thing!

Quote Originally Posted by LaurasOtherHalf View Post
    I do however want to get a Falcon Eye Yacht Master 42. With very little seeming to have been delivered I'm not sure if I'm on a hiding to nothing with that however-I have a feeling it might be exclusive to the VVVIP customers.
    When I asked the AD for it after the launch they didn't have a clue what I was on about and had to Google it. Wasn't in their briefing for the new models. After researching I didn't bother going on the list for it as it's no different from the existing YM42.

Here are two pics from a collector I follow online.

Grand Master
    With a few wtbs not showing signs of one anytime soon Ive nothing else I can think of.
    Ive sold a few and expect more to follow.
    Retirement has had me re think what is important,watches aren't.

Happy & Healthy New Year to All.

Blog Entries
    I’m wavering over a 2 out 1 in for 2023… mainly because I wear these two very seldom….

…but when I do I really like them.

Strange hobby indeed.

z

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    When I asked the AD for it after the launch they didn't have a clue what I was on about and had to Google it. Wasn't in their briefing for the new models. After researching I didn't bother going on the list for it as it's no different from the existing YM42.

Here are two pics from a collector I follow online.
    I reckon it'll be very easy to photograph it just looking black but it's easy to see in the above photo it's the one of the left. I've seen a couple of photos where you definitely can tell. Perhaps that's why there's so few about, Rolex may not be entirely happy with the consistency of it or the batch of stone they're using?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    Same here, I ordered one in release day a few years back.
    I expressed my interest on the day it was released....& got one 3 years later. You'll get one, it just takes time.

Master
    … Deep Sea Challenge. I know it's an insane watch and I'm not exactly a massive bloke but I love the engineering of it and the absurdity of Rolex actually selling the thing!
    I’m the same. Would love one but way too big for me and some distance outside my financial means!

Asked the AD if I could have a look at one when they get one. They’ve had interest from similar (but wealthier!) people who like the engineering.

I expressed interest in the Omega Ultra Deep when that was announced so we’ll see if that ever happens. Think the price increased to over £10,000 despite not being available so maybe not for me!

Master
    Blog Entries
    I keep looking at Dornbluth & A. Lange so maybe one of those. A vintage Certina Super ph500m Tektite is always on the radar. I really should look at thinning down the collection but realistically that isn't going to happen.
    Last edited by trident-7; 27th December 2022 at 20:56.

Master
    Like some others, my main intention is to have fewer watches this time next year. Have another in my mind, but for sure more out than in, partly to have fewer, and partly to really focus on the watches I enjoy most.

I reckon it'll be very easy to photograph it just looking black but it's easy to see in the above photo it's the one of the left. I've seen a couple of photos where you definitely can tell. Perhaps that's why there's so few about, Rolex may not be entirely happy with the consistency of it or the batch of stone they're using?
    Maybe it's a bit like the onyx DD where no two dials are the same and it's a bit but and miss wether you get a "good one" or not? Quite a few variables. Certainly looks good in the photo you posted.

Master

Watch Intentions 2023

Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    I’m the same. Would love one but way too big for me and some distance outside my financial means!

Asked the AD if I could have a look at one when they get one. They’ve had interest from similar (but wealthier!) people who like the engineering.

I expressed interest in the Omega Ultra Deep when that was announced so we’ll see if that ever happens. Think the price increased to over £10,000 despite not being available so maybe not for me!
    The omega ultra deep are readily available to buy now, I was in the main omega on bond st.

But the one that caught my eye the most was this one, also available but discontinued

Craftsman

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post

You should definitely get one, then we can both look like idiots!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ac11111 View Post
    The omega ultra deep are readily available to buy now, I was in the main omega on bond st.
    Cant remember what the AD told me but was definitely month or two at least into 2023. Maybe just putting me off the scent - or Omega own stores getting first supply.

- - - Updated - - -

You should definitely get one, then we can both look like idiots!
    I’d have been tempted if it weren’t for the £20k+ price tag!

Craftsman
    I have too many watches, but I suspect there’s room for a little bit of change or maybe just one more, right?

I’ve got one watch I don’t wear as much as I’d like, especially in the dark days where fitting it under a cuff is a faff; I’ll see if it tickles me again as the weather improves, or it might be time to move it on.

The majority big names are pretty crazy money to my eye/wallet, and even some of the more reasonable brands like Seiko are getting more expensive. I’ve also become a parent in 2022, so the watch budget will probably be held in check until I get a handle on all the bills that come with that.

At the moment I’ve got a WTB for a Grand Seiko 9F GMT (i.e. the quartz) and I like the look of a Scurfa, but I’ve also not long picked up a Seiko SPB143, so another diver might be overkill, even if it’s using a quartz movement.
    Who knows what else might tickle my fancy, but it’ll likely be at the more affordable end of the market.

Craftsman
    This year I am very tempted to go for a Tudor Black Bay P01- it is so ugly I like it.. I only hope for this new year I will manage to achieve something great so I can quickly win the argument with my buyer's remorse.

Master
    Tudor Fxd but highly doubt I’ll get it before the price hike :(

Craftsman
    With all the recent watch crime, I’ve put everything in the safe and wear an Apple Watch daily. I do miss my collection, but the anxiety of wearing them in London has tainted things for me. I’m now on the hunt for something affordable and decent quality. I prefer automatic steel sports watches on a bracelet in the 38-40mm size bracket. I’m a bit stuck for ideas at the moment. I also plan on selling a good few watches without replacing them in 2023.

Master
    Thinking about a submariner 14060M. Would have to sell to fund it though.

Master
    Shouldn’t really but have a hankering for the new Longines Ultra Chron.

Getting rid of most of my quartz watches - lots of g shocks including various frogmen and screwbacks - which I never wear, and getting myself another Tudor - so pleased with my 58 but I fancy something a little chunkier to rotate with it. Tempted by the Bronze BB, maybe the blue dialled original Pelagos - whatever it is I wont be entertaining any waiting list cobblers from watch shops, that’s for sure!

Just a Tissot PRX powermatic 80 at the moment.