closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Watch Intentions 2023

Watch Intentions 2023

Shamelessly stealing MartynJC thread from a few years ago , but it is one I enjoyed reading through at the time and have since revisited (here). Looking back at my reply, it seems a dress watch of some description was on the wish list along with a Sinn U50. The latter joined the collection as expected but a dress watch remains absent.

Attention has however now turned to 2023 and for the first time in probably a decade or so, I think I’m fairly content. Just as well given the current climate. I really would like to try the blue BB58 to either join or replace my the original 58, but that aside focus may simply be on further consolidation.

Of course I won’t rule out, in fact I fully expect a new release to grab my attention, but whilst I wait, I wondered what your intentions or aspirations are for the coming twelve months?

Nothing super high end. Bought an AP Offshore this year which turned out to be wearable anxiety, quite a stressful wear at times due to the value. Much more comfortable in a Rolex/Seiko/Garmin.

Wouldn't mind an OP41 in green and do want to try a Sinn in 2023. Other than that I'm open.

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Nothing super high end. Bought an AP Offshore this year which turned out to be wearable anxiety, quite a stressful wear at times due to the value. Much more comfortable in a Rolex/Seiko/Garmin.

Wouldn't mind an OP41 in green and do want to try a Sinn in 2023. Other than that I'm open.
    OP41mm in green, AD has said I should get it by end of Feb.

After that I’m struggling to see anything I really like….. unless I can get a BLRO…

Master
    Blog Entries
    None, although I am on the list for a ND Sub that is the same as none ...

Master
    will continue waiting patiently for the BLRO on jubilee (14 months and counting...)

I plan to sell a few, but there is nothing I want to add to the collection. Maybe I am cured?

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    OP41mm in green, AD has said I should get it by end of Feb.

After that I’m struggling to see anything I really like….. unless I can get a BLRO…
    In time for Paddy's Day will be nice. I'm down for a black SkyDweller and a BLRO but I might try get an Oysterflex for the SkyDweller.

If the titanium YM42 does ever come out I'll go nuts.

Have been selling most off and upgrading piano. I'll stay with a Breguet Type XX, a Mathey Tissot Type XX, Dornbluth 99.1 and that's it.

For now anyway. Have got an itch to go independent watches next year- much more value

I'm definitely after an IWC Pilot Chrono, probably with a blue dial and on the bracelet. Otherwise, I think my buying days are more or less over as I have a lovely collection (at least to me, and albeit having had to move on a couple of high-end watches due to the ever-increasing cost & requirements of insurance).

Oh, and a BLRO if I get the chance for sensible money. And a Cartier Ballon Bleu in 40mm. Oh dear.
    Last edited by learningtofly; 26th December 2022 at 14:05.

Master
    I really fancy a U-Boat Darkmoon in aqua.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    I'm waiting for a date sub. Hopefully 2023 is the year and also a moonswatch mercury. At the moment I'm not sure which is most likely.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Master
    I am going to finally throw my hat in the ring for a Rolex (explorer 2 polar) with my local AD. Be interesting to see how long the wait is with the current economic climate.

Fingers crossed for a Day-Date 40 if I can find one with the right dial for me. Maybe another Patek if things go well.

Looking to buy a Panerai, likely a Radiomir.

Watch Intentions 2023

I’’ve been spying some vintage GS on eBay recently so might dip my toe in that. I fancy an old chrono of some sorts so will look into that too

Other than that, I have some pieces that need a service so they will be sorted at some point

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    I’m hoping I can get quite a few next year! Finally narrowing down what I like after trying so much!

So far is Sinn EZM1, Rolex GMT, OP or Datejust, then a Panerai 42 and also anther GS

Still holding out for a Glashutte Original Seventies Chronograph, thinking this will be my exit watch but no doubt that will change as this silly watch game we all play always entices us with other trinkets.

Craftsman
    I’m patiently waiting for a Vacheron Overseas Ultra-thin perpetual calendar, full gold blue dial…

If that doesn’t arrive, a 1921 American in white gold would be next on the list

Rolex Air King 126900. That will probably be it...or maybe not

Been waiting absolutely ages but promised first quarter.

Honestly can't wait for an end to all this wait list EOI stupidity. Hope it happens.

I’m going to rationalise a bit. I think it’s likely a DateJust 36 will arrive in 2023. I’ve earmarked 3 mid-price watches for a cull, in pursuit of a simpler WIS life, they are currently separate from the main watches to see if I miss them.

With the arrival of the Dornblüth this week, I think I’m largely out, other than the DateJust referred to, and the GMT I’ve been waiting for forever.

Close to an end-point, and that feels good.

Dave

Master
    A Sinn chrono will be my first port of call, hopefully the 756 Diapal I potentially have coming in a trade.

From there I'll aim for a 140 St, but that's a big pile of dough for a pauper like me. I guess it depends what comes up on SC, but Sinn all the way it'll be.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    I plan to sell a few, but there is nothing I want to add to the collection. Maybe I am cured?
    Same here.

I’m buying very little these days but fancy a Willard. Will be keeping my eye on the sales after Christmas. Im also looking for a Zenith Doublematic but it needs to be at the right price.
    I’ve been thinking of reducing my collection as most of them sit in the bank and it’s pointless, so I’d like to sell quite a few in 2023… and I’m much more comfortable with sub 10k watches. I’d hope to get below 30 in total. It’s likely to not be the best time to be selling so we shall see how it goes…

Master

Watch Intentions 2023

Sell some and buy some, as usual….

My core collection of keepers is now complete (I think!) Might sell 2 or 3 to consolidate for something higher value as a keeper to sit in core. Need to think about what it will be as I would prefer to go new.

I think my days of frantic buying and selling are behind me.

A Damasko DA38 or DC82 Green are the buying targets.

I’d like to get my PVD Autavia sold, but I’m not that bothered if it doesn’t.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

I'm in the same boat, happy with my collection and really not looking to buy anything although I may be tempted with a Pam Sub, planning on focusing on other hobbies, cycling across Scotland and getting a golf handicap.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    A Pilots watch. Probably my first IWC - either a Spitfire Bronze or a Mark XX Green dial.
    Will also probably move my BB36 on to make space for the IWC!

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk

Perhaps a little beyond mere 'Intentions', as my Sinn 140A sold just in time to order one -

Formex Essence Leggera 'Space Rock' LE, 41mm - carbon case, zirconium bezel, Muonionalusta-meteorite dial, COSC-grade Sellita movement.

I love the materials used, I love Formex's uncompromising approach to watches, their willingness to be a bit different, plus from childhood I was fascinated by the Widmanstätten-structure of this class of iron meteorite, and most clear nights - on the midnight dogwalk - I'm prone to spend more time gazing at the stars, planets and occasional meteorites than always suits the dogs sniffing/marking needs!

Formex issued a 43mm version a couple of years ago - and for £300 more - which I always regretted not ordering, and they're too rare ever to show-up used, so I will cheerfully accept this slightly smaller take instead. One of just 88 being made, too, some may perhaps be the only one on here...?

Fingers crossed for a safe journey when it does eventually get despatched.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by IanBear View Post
    will continue waiting patiently for the BLRO on jubilee (14 months and counting...)
    Same here, I ordered one in release day a few years back.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    I quite fancy a BP FF white but that would mean selling something and I can't be arsed atm.

Master
    Got pulled into the modern Rolex market a bit in the last couple of years to the detriment of my 4 digit vintage stuff.
    I plan to redress the balance a bit next year if the right watches come up.

It’s the big 40 next year for me so thinking of something to mark the occasion.

Amongst the watches in the running are possibly a VC fiftysix, the IWC x petronas or possibly the Tudor Pelagos 39.

Probably will move on a couple if I can.

Probably none. I think one will go, and then I'm happy as-is. I would like something from one of the trinity brands, but no rush on that.
    Last edited by M1011; 23rd December 2022 at 17:40.

Probably a DJ 41 with the blue motif dial, something rose gold dress maybe to go against all the grain of what I own.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Ignoring my G-Shock and San Martin homage, I'm down to 2 watches, which was my goal at the start of the year. No current plans to buy anything, nor is there anything that particularly grabs my interest. I feel like I'm done for the moment, tbh.

Need to decide what 1 out of 4 I like, to celebrate the impending second child being born. Currently undecided on the Speedy Sapphire, McQueen Monaco, Carrera Chrono WoS Ltd Ed, or the Carrera Grey Man. Then maybe 1 automatic beater if I can find a cheap enough Oris 65 or old Tag Aquaracer WAN2110.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    I need to scratch a long outstanding Marathon itch, just need to decide which one.

Sent from my A063 using Tapatalk

I'm really hoping the Fifty Fathoms Anniversary models are wearable and obtainable. Will need to sell something first though!

Boring I know, but keep what I have and buy nothing!

A Sinn 303 Corvette C5-R limited edition for me, although I've been promising myself one for a few years now but other watches keep popping up & getting in the way.

Master
    I haven't done much on the watch front for a while now. A brief dally with a Sinn U2 this autumn, but I struggle to settle on anything and when I do buy I often have second thoughts or need to liquidate the funds for another reason, so they get sold on again.

I have a long term itch (I know, need to see a doctor about that!) about getting a Planet Ocean, so that or a Speedy might be on the cards in the New Year.

Master
    Main target is a Sub LV, hopeful for next year from the AD.

I’ve managed to keep hold of a few this year, a longer term collection might finally be developing.

Hoping to conslidate the collection a bit, probably need to sell a Rolex and an Omega...

Quote Originally Posted by apm101 View Post
    I really fancy a U-Boat Darkmoon in aqua.

If you’re serious about this it’s down to £623 in the Jura sale.

I absolutely do not need another watch, but this one seems inevitable. Probably should buy now whilst the price is far too high, rather than wait until the price is ridiculously too high.

Will need to make a space in the box for it though.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    In time for Paddy's Day will be nice. I'm down for a black SkyDweller and a BLRO but I might try get an Oysterflex for the SkyDweller.

If the titanium YM42 does ever come out I'll go nuts.
    How many watches do you own? Do you operate a one in one out and does your other half know about the purchases!?

Quote Originally Posted by joe narvey View Post
    How many watches do you own? Do you operate a one in one out and does your other half know about the purchases!?
    I've cleared out all my 4 and 5 digit stuff along with the SubC 40 and the one on the other forum last week. Even sold my 5513 today which I wasn't expecting but I have too much tied up in the AP and needed to rationalise.

This year I was a bit dumb but next year I'll be more considered. Buying watches just to try them with no fear of baths doesn't exist anymore so I have to chill out.

The fact most of my watches look the same and that I only take one out of the deposit box at a time helps. She never sees "watches", just me always wearing a watch.

Master
    I’d like to move a couple out and bring in a Destro Marina Militare 00217. Other than that, that should be it.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by leo1790 View Post
    Still holding out for a Glashutte Original Seventies Chronograph, thinking this will be my exit watch but no doubt that will change as this silly watch game we all play always entices us with other trinkets.
    I really would like the 60s square. Love the colours in these

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by j17ykp View Post
    It’s the big 40 next year for me so thinking of something to mark the occasion.

Amongst the watches in the running are possibly a VC fiftysix, the IWC x petronas or possibly the Tudor Pelagos 39.

Probably will move on a couple if I can.
    Really like the iwc. The teal colour makes
    It a great summer wear.