closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Christopher Ward Bel Canto available to order again

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    I need to go back onto their website on Thursday after 3pm to look at the configuration options.

I’ve paid extra for the bracelet but don’t know if this comes instead of the strap or in addition to the strap.
    My blue one with the bracelet, but no extra strap was £3,305. IIRC the only way to get both the bracelet and OEM strap was to choose the configuration of the watch on a strap and add the bracelet as an addition.

I think the watch with the strap only was £2,995.

Quote Originally Posted by gbn13 View Post
    My blue one with the bracelet, but no extra strap was £3,305. IIRC the only way to get both the bracelet and OEM strap was to choose the configuration of the watch on a strap and add the bracelet as an addition.

I think the watch with the strap only was £2,995.
    Thanks. The bracelet is on their website is £395 so that makes sense.

Anyone had a chance of heart yet?

Think I’d rather pay £2k extra and get an OP41.

Not a change of heart exactly as I never put the cash up for one in the first place.. But initially I did want one but was just hesitant on the price, whereas now I don't want one.

It's a really cool model and I do think it's something a bit special, but one to admire from afar for me. I just can't see the scenarios where I'd wear it.

I’d agree with that. Great looking watch but I’m not going to have 3.3k sat in the watch box on the off chance I fancy wearing something abstract once in a blue moon.

I’ve drafted an email to cancel mine but will sleep on it and send tomorrow.

Journeyman
    I am very much in 2 minds. I’ve found myself looking at what other watches I could buy for around 3k. Is it a watch I could wear down the pub or one for occasions. Think it doesn’t help that I’ve not seen one in the flesh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They should have kept it limited to the two launch dial colours but couldn't resist cashing in. Not that I can really blame them as it's acting as a massive halo model for the brand.

Master
    Looking forward to seeing them at the WatchIt fair in a few weeks, but I can't imagine it'll sway me in the direction of buying one. Love the idea, and the ingenuity, but favouring legability over all else with my eyesight lately :)

The tiddly little dial kills it for me - partly from a readability point of view, but it also looks a bit fussy overall. I don’t like skeletonised watches either and that’s kind of what this is too. I can see why some like it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Slamdoor View Post
    No offence to anyone but that is just so - butt ugly. Certainly shows how folks tastes vary enormously.
    I must say that's my view of these too. The interest does feel a little over hyped for a watch whose main "novelty" is that it can go "ping."

Each to their own of course.
    David
    Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations

I tend to agree. Whilst I do like the way it looks and considered ordering one, now that a bit of time has passed, I'm glad I didn't. I think £3k+ would end up feeling like a fair chunk for a watch that I probably wouldn't wear regularly. The watch media narrative is that this is a bit like a budget MB&F or similar in styling / function but as others have said, I think I'd end up thinking what else I could have bought for the money that might have more utility or longevity.

I think it's likely quite a few pre-orders will be cancelled before they get around to delivery once the hype wears off - they should probably have left it as one or two limited runs rather than cashing in with a general release IMO. Can't blame them for wanting to take advantage of the hype though and I do appreciate that they've tried to do something different and push forward.

It's a bit of a novelty watch, which, as others have said, one can admire without really wanting.

If you put a gun to my head, though, I'd save myself 2 grand and buy the Bel Canto of your two.

Probably not the sensible choice, but that is probably not to spend more than £100 on a watch at all!

M

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Quote Originally Posted by dkpw View Post
    I must say that's my view of these too. The interest does feel a little over hyped for a watch whose main "novelty" is that it can go "ping."

Each to their own of course.
    It’s certainly an “each to their own” watch as far as an opinion of the watch is concerned.

I tend to prefer simple tool watches from the likes of Rolex, suitable for everyday wear. Watches to put on and forget about, knowing that they are accurate and robust and will happily stand up to a few scratches and knocks.

However strangely I really like my Bel Canto, albeit that I am more likely to wear it going out to lunch, dinner or just sitting around doing nothing.

There has certainly been an amount of hype, although I don’t think it is just because it goes “ping”. Probably more so because it is a watch that goes “ping” that has involved Armin Strom and Chronode in the production of the watch.

Difficult to explain, but mine puts more of a smile on my face when wearing it, or just looking at it than say a Submariner.

Sent the email to cancel this morning. I’m guessing the deposit will go back on my card in a week or so.

Last year was a mess with too many ins and outs - need to be more deliberate this year and can’t see the Bel Canto as a long term keeper.

If I ever spot a Verde one around list I might be tempted. I have a feeling that might be quite difficult though, certainly this year as they will likely fetch a premium for a while.

Master

`

Quote Originally Posted by petay993 View Post
    If I ever spot a Verde one around list I might be tempted. I have a feeling that might be quite difficult though, certainly this year as they will likely fetch a premium for a while.
    You say that but I can't see any apart from a couple on C24 going for stupid money that I can't believe anyone will pay.