closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tudor Price Rise

Crazy how they keep moving prices forward, all I can think of is the demand is there so why let your luxury product look cheap if all your competitors are increasing their prices.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Is the Rolex website up to date? I looked yesterday and bi-metal I'm awaiting was £9100 and now it's £9,800. The Yachtmaster White Gold I'm waiting on hasn't risen either?

Quote Originally Posted by LaurasOtherHalf View Post
    Is the Rolex website up to date? I looked yesterday and bi-metal I'm awaiting was £9100 and now it's £9,800. The Yachtmaster White Gold I'm waiting on hasn't risen either?
    Seems to have had price rises on the models I've looked at.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy2254 View Post
    Strange, I've just checked Watches of Switzerland's website - they seem to be showing the new prices on Tudor except the FXD which is still showing at £3,090.
    Thanks for checking though.
    I wonder if someone gets one they can claim the old price !

Rolex prices have jumped as well. £8800 DJ 41mm white gold bezel on jubilee from £8500
    Quote Originally Posted by LaurasOtherHalf View Post
    Sent from my SM-A325F using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by petay993 View Post
    Yep think I am pretty much done with Tudor. The only popular ones are those that remind people of old Rolex's anyway.

Will keep my FXD and call it a day.
    Yeah think I’m the same with my minty mint BB58 which I picked up for a great price. Never felt comfortable walking around in a Rolex so for me Tudor seemed the next best option with vfm in mind, tbh I would have been tempted with a Pelagius 39 but not now with the price increase.

I think the only way I’ll buy a new Tudor now will be if they ever make a BB58 with a GMT bezel and function, but I think that ship has sailed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just watched a YT video re Tudor and Rolex price rises in Hong Kong. Looks like over there every model seeing less than 5% price increase.

Sent from my SM-F936B using Tapatalk

Looking at the Black Bay Ceramic M79210CNU. Up from £3,840 to £4,210 - brutal

Although, I’m fairly sure the cheapest ceramic METAS Omega is around £10k on a rubber/textile strap.
    It's just a matter of time...

SydR
    I popped into the local Tudor AD today as I’ve been thinking about several of their watches for some time now and they seemed to have almost everything in stock.

Primary aim was the Black Bay GMT but also wanted to see the Pelagos and the 925 on the leather strap. They had the Pelagos but the 925 only on nato.

The Pelagos did nothing for me when I had it in hand but the 925 looked great and I expressed an interest in getting one on leather. As a result they offered me the GMT at pre-rise cost and said they would give me first refusal, no obligation, on the next 925.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    Although, I’m fairly sure the cheapest ceramic METAS Omega is around £10k on a rubber/textile strap.
    It is I think. WF have one for £3.1k without papers. Almost look cheap. Might see if I can try one on

Quote Originally Posted by SydR View Post
    I popped into the local Tudor AD today as I’ve been thinking about several of their watches for some time now and they seemed to have almost everything in stock.

Primary aim was the Black Bay GMT but also wanted to see the Pelagos and the 925 on the leather strap. They had the Pelagos but the 925 only on nato.

The Pelagos did nothing for me when I had it in hand but the 925 looked great and I expressed an interest in getting one on leather. As a result they offered me the GMT at pre-rise cost and said they would give me first refusal, no obligation, on the next 925.
    I’m actually wearing a 925 on leather as I type. A personal Christmas present that I’m really enjoying and would highly recommend. Also really like my GMT too though.

Don't you find the 925 on the small side, Scott (39, 12.5, and lighter than steel/bracelet)? It does look good from the publicity photos, I was tempted.
    Last edited by jukeboxs; 5th January 2023 at 10:01.

Quote Originally Posted by jukeboxs View Post
    Don't you find the 925 on the small side, Scott (39, 12.5, and lighter than steel/bracelet)? It does look good from the publicity photos, I was tempted.
    Publicity photos are one thing, reality is another.

TRF user after I month.

As long as you accept it will tarnish that's ok, it put me off a purchase though.

SydR
    Publicity photos are one thing, reality is another.

TRF user after I month.

As long as you accept it will tarnish that's ok, it put me off a purchase though.

I’d like to see a tarnished one IRL before I buy. It’s likely to work well with the taupe dial and bezel, which looks a lot better IRL than in photos. If it does I’ll get one, if nit I’ll drop the idea.

Master
    I wear everything from 34mm vintage to Panerai, and find the Tudor BB58-925 to be an ideal size in all respects (diameter, height, lug-to-lug). Not only a pleasing size, but the hue of the silver is absolutely wonderful. On a sunny evening, the way the light catches it...

EDIT: Mine also tarnishes, but it's slower (I don't see anything in a month), and when I last got it out in rotation I spent 5 minutes with a silver cleaning cloth and a soft toothbrush, and it sparkled like new. (For avoidance of doubt I'd surely prefer NOT to have to do that, but it's way less work than the equivalent time I spend winding my Speedie over the same period!)
    Last edited by Senninha; 5th January 2023 at 21:02.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    It is I think. WF have one for £3.1k without papers. Almost look cheap. Might see if I can try one on
    It's a weird one. It kind of looks better off than on.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Kenney View Post
    It's a weird one. It kind of looks better off than on.
    That is a really good looking watch, thank you. I think I've been through 6 black bays Inc the chrono and what's holding me back on this is the domed saphhire, always too reflective and for that reason I prefer the Pelagos. But the black is very cool and keeps pulling me back.

Glad I bought the pro when I did but I think it’s a sign of the times that it’s still stickered and not selling on sc at 3k. For a new Tudor now it would have to be a very special release to tempt me and from me that’s saying something as I think I’ve bought over ten of them new now

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    Glad I bought the pro when I did but I think it’s a sign of the times that it’s still stickered and not selling on sc at 3k. For a new Tudor now it would have to be a very special release to tempt me and from me that’s saying something as I think I’ve bought over ten of them new now

Yeah I’m the same had basically of them now apart from white chrono but had many chances to get it (AD keeps sending me photos every time they get it in) and had on my wrist a few times too!

But now with the increase I’m swaying away from Tudor, kind of good value before where for me lower enough to be more fun and not been seen to be too much money, but now even though omega have increased just think gone to close to them and I’d rather Omega or GS

Quote Originally Posted by strell View Post
    Yeah I’m the same had basically of them now apart from white chrono but had many chances to get it (AD keeps sending me photos every time they get it in) and had on my wrist a few times too!

But now with the increase I’m swaying away from Tudor, kind of good value before where for me lower enough to be more fun and not been seen to be too much money, but now even though omega have increased just think gone to close to them and I’d rather Omega or GS
    I’m sure omega are better build maybe - but I’ve owned lots of omega and never kept one. Still own 8 tudors. It’s just what you like at the end of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    I’m sure omega are better build maybe - but I’ve owned lots of omega and never kept one. Still own 8 tudors. It’s just what you like at the end of the day.
    Other than the Speedmaster Pro and a few of its deraritives there isn't any other Omega reference that I like the look of. On the other hand I have 3 Tudors. Unfortunately they are getting a bit expensive now, at least here in UK they are.

Sent from my SM-F936B using Tapatalk

Bargain GMT on SC at the mo

Sent from my SM-A217F using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RS404 View Post
    Bargain GMT on SC at the mo

Sent from my SM-A217F using Tapatalk
    My thoughts also. That's a big difference to the present rrp, and all those I've seen on Chrono24 recently.

Sent from my SM-A202F using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Hocuspocus View Post
    My thoughts also. That's a big difference to the present rrp, and all those I've seen on Chrono24 recently.

Doh! Hadn't gone back to it to see it was yours.

Anyway, someone has got a bargain.

for that reason I prefer the Pelagos.
    Yup, me too

Yup, me too
    Perfect legibility. An FXD with a bracelet or a ceramic version would be lovely.

Master
    Perfect legibility. An FXD with a bracelet or a ceramic version would be lovely.
    Pelagos 39 then.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuno1 View Post
    Pelagos 39 then.
    Had one, sold it, felt cheap and not worth the money. Regular Pelagos is great but couldn't get a decent fit even with the adjustment but could get a perfect fit on the Pelagos 39 and the BB Probyt didn't like either.

The FXD was almost perfect.

Yup, me too

Liking your PO1 mod, straightforward?

Regular Pelagos is great but couldn't get a decent fit even with the adjustment but could get a perfect fit on the Pelagos 39 and the BB Probyt didn't like either.

The FXD was almost perfect.
    Uncle Seiko sell a half link for the Pelagos. A friend of mine had same problem and the half link sorted it out.

Sent from my SM-S901B using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    One of my favourite brands. I have owned at least 10 various models over the past 9 years and despite having lost money on almost all of them I certainly wouldn’t hesitate to continue buying then albeit probably via the second hand market where someone else can take the initial hit !!

Liking your PO1 mod, straightforward?
    Very straightforward, and easily reversible.
    But it doesn’t work on the wrist as the lug holes are so close to the case that it just looks crap.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Best bang for buck entry level luxury watch is the Omega SM300 IMHO
    I’d agree with that…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry Andrew, I missed that question earlier.

I love it. It wears well on the leather and feels right. I have most of the current Black Bays, at least in one colour or another - the larger 41 in both divers and smooth bezel/ceramic/GMT, and the 58 in black, 925, and GMT Pro. Also the new Ranger with in-house. I think they all wear very well in isolation. I’ve been wearing the 925 a lot since it turned up. New Rolex GMT II might relegate it back to the watch box though, we will see…