closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tudor Price Rise

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gaurav_tzuk View Post
    Crap better get a pelagos 39 and Fxd fast lol
    Hahaha, that's today's smile. I'm after a FXD, have been since August. Most places I have asked are saying they get 2 or 3 a year. By the time I get one I'll be 97 and it'll cost eleventeen jillion pounds!

Master
    Well fortunately picked up a 39 today

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy2254 View Post
    Hahaha, that's today's smile. I'm after a FXD, have been since August. Most places I have asked are saying they get 2 or 3 a year. By the time I get one I'll be 97 and it'll cost eleventeen jillion pounds!

Tudor Price Rise

Starting to think I may get another second hand BB58 for around £2.2k. If Tudor are going to raise the stuff 10% then they will never be cheaper than they are now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Martylaa; 17th December 2022 at 21:35.

This is why micro brands are booming.

Quote Originally Posted by Martylaa View Post
    Starting to think I may get another second hand BB58 for around £2.2k. If Tudor are going to raise the stuff 10% then they will never be cheaper than they are now.

Agree...when you consider the last couple of Rangers went for £2000 and £1900 for nearly brand new watches, the brand has been extremely good value for money in 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by Martylaa View Post

I went on SC to see if langedalematts BB41 was still there but gone. Too cheap.

Journeyman
    A price raise is probably overdue considering most other main brands have recently done it

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gaurav_tzuk View Post
    Well fortunately picked up a 39 today
    Congratulations, a nice Christmas present indeed...

Journeyman
    I don't think they can justify it based on the exchange rate:

Last edited by emmm; 18th December 2022 at 15:50.

Quote Originally Posted by emmm View Post

Inflation is around 10% so on that basis they can

Quote Originally Posted by emmm View Post

They don’t need to “justify it” and it won’t just be currency fx led.

I think I'm going to sell my Tudor, great watch but it's space has been taken by a recent incoming. Price increase doesn't hurt from that perspective, helps a used one have a more appealing discount relative to RRP.

Quote Originally Posted by bazza. View Post
    Sinn are also going to do the same, they say its because of the energy prices
    Has this been confirmed? Is it 10% across the range?

Craftsman
    I picked up my Pelagos 39 from Fraser Hart in Edinburgh yesterday. Have been number 2 on the lost since launch - was originally told I'd be waiting 12-18 months (LOL). They told me when I was picking it up that price rises will be 9.5% across entire Tudor range from 1st Jan.

Sent from my LE2123 using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
    Has this been confirmed? Is it 10% across the range?
    WoS told me that the rise would be an average of 9.5% but up to 20% on diamond encrusted pieces...
    It's not looking good for an FXD this side of the increase...

Luckily I already collected my Reverse Panda lastweek.

Sent from my SM-N976B using TZ-UK mobile app

I went into Beaverbrooks newly updated shop in Chantry Place, Norwich today, very nice. They told me the price rise was between 10 & 20% from 1st Jan.

They had the BB Pro in stock on a bracelet which I wanted to try, but I didn't like the thickness of it so it's off my want list.

They didn't have any steel BB Chronos at all in either colour, strap or bracelet, just a two tone. Interestingly, he said that theres a lot of demand for steel GMTs but they didn't have those either.

Sent from my SM-A217F using Tapatalk

GOSH THAT RANGER ON THE SC IS STARTING TO LOOK LIKE A BARGAIN, EH?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Qatar-wol View Post
    GOSH THAT RANGER ON THE SC IS STARTING TO LOOK LIKE A BARGAIN, EH?
    Don't rub it in lol

New prices are in at Tudor.

£3460 for the Black Bay Pro, previously £3170 so that’s 9%. Think it launched at £3070, as well.

Pelagos 39 £3850 from £3500.

Pelagos 42mm £4120 from about £3700 previously, I think.

Not sure Tudor offer the same sort of value at these prices.

On the Rolex front, Explorer 2 now up to £8,100. Can’t remember previous prices off the top of my head to tell if they’ve increased.

No movement over at Sinn yet, as far as I can tell.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Harryb View Post
    New prices are in at Tudor.

£3460 for the Black Bay Pro, previously £3170 so that’s 9%. Think it launched at £3070, as well.

Pelagos 39 £3850 from £3500.

Pelagos 42mm £4120 from about £3700 previously, I think.

Not sure Tudor offer the same sort of value at these prices.

On the Rolex front, Explorer 2 now up to £8,100. Can’t remember previous prices off the top of my head to tell if they’ve increased.

No movement over at Sinn yet, as far as I can tell.
    Explorer 2 was £7900. GMT master on oyster up to £9000!

Master
    I checked the good news this morning, the FXD I'm waiting for, with increasing impatience, does not seem to have gone up, it was still showing at £3,090. It was the only one that hadn't risen. Is that right or did I misread it?

OP36 from £4800 - £5100, OP41 £5100 - £5400, Explorer 1 £6000 - £6100.

Master
    I checked the good news this morning, the FXD I'm waiting for, with increasing impatience, does not seem to have gone up, it was still showing at £3,090. It was the only one that hadn't risen. Is that right or did I misread it?
    Looks like it is £3420.

https://www.tudorwatch.com/en/watche...s/m25707b-0001

Tudor Price Rise

Rolex ones are not too bad, I think. The Tudor rises feel much more aggressive. I thought the Pelagos 39 was expensive for what it is at £3500. At nearly £4K I think they’re within spitting distance of brands I’d consider much better than Tudor.

Only took a quick look at the ones I'm familiar with, but price rises seem modest for Rolex and substantial for Tudor.

• 41mm Black Bay up 9% / £280
    • Submariner up 2.7% / £200
    • Explorer up 1.7% / £100

Master
    Not too bad, I don’t think. The Tudor rises feel much more aggressive. I thought the Pelagos 39 was expensive for what it is at £3500. At nearly £4K I think they’re within spitting distance of brands I’d consider much better than Tudor.
    What other brand offers a full titanium watch with the accuracy, power reserve, robust mechanism of the movement. As well as the micro adjusting clasp design, as well as the lume Tudor offer for 4k? I can’t think of any.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuno1 View Post
    What other brand offers a full titanium watch with the accuracy, power reserve, robust mechanism of the movement. As well as the micro adjusting clasp design, as well as the lume Tudor offer for 4k? I can’t think of any.
    Don't forget bracelet AND rubber options included in package too!

Sent from my LE2123 using Tapatalk

Tudor Price Rise

This is one way of looking at it, particularly if you’re looking for specific materials or a design (like diver) but as someone who bought a BB Pro as my first “luxury” watch this year, there was nothing else at around the £3K mark that offered the same level of quality and heritage.

Once you get up to the £3.5-£4K mark, you start to get within range of Grand Seiko pieces and not so far off stuff like IWC. That’s the point where I think I’d personally spend the extra for those sorts of things and Tudor starts looking like less of a good deal. Particularly considering you can probably swing a discount, which is unheard of at Tudor at the moment.

Master
    This is one way of looking at it, particularly if you’re looking for specific materials or a design (like diver) but as someone who bought a BB Pro as my first “luxury” watch this year, there was nothing else at around the £3K mark that offered the same level of quality and heritage.

Once you get up to the £3.5-£4K mark, you start to get within range of Grand Seiko pieces and not so far off stuff like IWC. That’s the point where I think I’d personally spend the extra for those sorts of things and Tudor starts looking like less of a good deal. Particularly considering you can probably swing a discount, which is unheard of at Tudor at the moment.
    That applies to a lot of brands though. The higher end of Rolex, omega, IWC are passing Patek, AP, JLC etc. I get what you are saying but in terms of comparing dive watches there is no better value watch imo. That still applies for most of the Tudor like up when comparing watches from other brands.

Rolex ones are not too bad, I think. The Tudor rises feel much more aggressive. I thought the Pelagos 39 was expensive for what it is at £3500. At nearly £4K I think they’re within spitting distance of brands I’d consider much better than Tudor.
    In hand it does not feel like a 4k watch imo. I agree the launch pricing was on the toppy side anyway, now I would not even consider it.

Rolex, having firmly integrated Tudor into the starter luxury watch segment through an aggressive pricing strategy, are now starting to look for their return!

Master
    Blog Entries
    It's only a matter of time before the alternative brands increase their prices and the Tudor falls back into it's vfm slot.

Assuming the market will bear it given the current economic climate

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by petay993 View Post
    In hand it does not feel like a 4k watch imo. I agree the launch pricing was on the toppy side anyway, now I would not even consider it.
    I agree, I've taken a good hands on look at the BB Pro, Ranger and Pelagos 39 at my AD, and every time I've hesitated to buy because they don't feel the money. I'm not getting on Tudor though, far from it I keep looking at used ones...

Master
    Strange, I've just checked Watches of Switzerland's website - they seem to be showing the new prices on Tudor except the FXD which is still showing at £3,090.
    Thanks for checking though.

Best bang for buck entry level luxury watch is the Omega SM300 IMHO

Craftsman
    Looking at the 2 tone models on the Rolex site, they seem to have had a hefty price increase - 10% if not 11% or so…

2 tone sub was I’m sure about £11495 and now £13150……2 tone 43mm Seadweller was £13600 and now £15150!!

Root beer GMT over £13k now and sure it was £11 something previously?

Assuming this is due to the rising cost of gold/precious metals globally, as everyone piles into precious metals as the traditional ‘safe place’ to park some cash during a downturn?

Strange, I've just checked Watches of Switzerland's website - they seem to be showing the new prices on Tudor except the FXD which is still showing at £3,090.
    Thanks for checking though.
    They have probably forgotten about it having had so few

That one, even at £3,420 it will be when they reopen tomorrow is still worth having, if you like the style.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I bought my 58 for £2600 4 years ago, it’s now £3,280 so up 26% in that time. Seems in line with general watch inflation.

Quote Originally Posted by JudgeBaxter View Post
    Looking at the 2 tone models on the Rolex site, they seem to have had a hefty price increase - 10% if not 11% or so…

2 tone sub was I’m sure about £11495 and now £13150……2 tone 43mm Seadweller was £13600 and now £15150!!

Root beer GMT over £13k now and sure it was £11 something previously?

Assuming this is due to the rising cost of gold/precious metals globally, as everyone piles into precious metals as the traditional ‘safe place’ to park some cash during a downturn?
    It's official, the CHNR is no longer flippable at £13.6k. Good news for those that want the ownership experience. For me it was a bit too much of a scratch magnet. I hate PCL's and I have a special hatred of gold PCL's.

Craftsman
    It's official, the CHNR is no longer flippable at £13.6k. Good news for those that want the ownership experience. For me it was a bit too much of a scratch magnet. I hate PCL's and I have a special hatred of gold PCL's.
    I reckon if you stuck one on sales corner at £14,500 it would go pretty quickly.

Vicious pricing there from Tudor.

£13.3k for a jubilee SkyDweller is a bit strong.

Master
    Possibly the worst 29th December forecast:

Rolex have maintained high watch sales despite price increases last year but will not increase prices for 2023.”

https://www.luxewatches.co.uk/what-to-expect-from-rolex-in-2023/

Quote Originally Posted by LaurasOtherHalf View Post
    I reckon if you stuck one on sales corner at £14,500 it would go pretty quickly.

Maybe but let's say you got chipped to £14,200 or less. Then the hassle of getting it safely to the recipient insured and potentially blotting your copybook with your AD all for £500-£600.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Vicious pricing there from Tudor.

£13.3k for a jubilee SkyDweller is a bit strong.
    Yep think I am pretty much done with Tudor. The only popular ones are those that remind people of old Rolex's anyway.

Will keep my FXD and call it a day.

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    Glad I picked up my Skydweller “early” as it’s just jumped to £16800, a cool £1000 increase!

Master
    They have probably forgotten about it having had so few

That one, even at £3,420 it will be when they reopen tomorrow is still worth having, if you like the style.
    I agree. I really like the style & have been "on the list " since August. I hope I live long enough to actually get one. Once I do, I'm out of that game, going to stick with stuff I can actually walk in & get right there.

It's all a bit crazy.

For example, the Datejust 41 with smooth bezel and oyster bracelet was £6150 in September.

Move on to last month, it was £6600.

Today? £6800!

Last edited by j111dja; 1st January 2023 at 23:51.

Another (regular as clockwork) Rolex / Tudor price increase - shock / horror !!!

A tad annoying though, I must admit, as I'm still waiting on the Rootbeer.

Master
    As an owner of a pelagos 42 I think it's a great watch, but as an owner of an omega SMP I know that feels a more premium product. If buying new today I'd choose the omega every time however I'm sure omega will put prices up too, as will grand Seiko and, and, and...