closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Tudor Black Bay 41

Master

Tudor Black Bay 41

Just wondering if anyone has one and your thoughts on it?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i have the 36 and like it- feel no need to hunt for an explorer 1 since getting it. keeps time within cosc and to me the dial is really pure, a classic (not sure i like the proportion of the 41 so much). the other thing i like is that it's below the radar, after a couple of slightly worrying situations i don't really feel comfortable wearing a very expensive watch in london.

Great watches, especially at pre owned prices, but I've bought and sold 3 or 4 as they're just too thick for what they are in my opinion.

Definitely worth trying one on and seeing if it works for you.

Love them, especially the original ETAs. The 79220N is ridiculously expensive and hard to source, but probably the best / most collectible. The other two configurations are also nice and are more reasonably priced.

Master
    I have a blue bezel 41mm & I love it. It looks good, is easily legible (with or without glasses) & you can just walk into an AD & buy one for a very reasonable sum.
    I was warned about the thickness & it dwarfs my 2254 & my Speedmaster but I like the weight & I also have a James Cameron & a Tuna so I don't mind the size.
    I think it is an awful lot of watch for the money overall.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by robinsongreen68 View Post
    after a couple of slightly worrying situations i don't really feel comfortable wearing a very expensive watch in london.
    I’d be interested to hear about these if you are happy to share.

Obviously no worries if not, but as someone who wears his watches everywhere I’m always interested in others views and experiences.

Do you mean the diver, or this one?
    I've had the diver as well which is quite thick. This blue dial 41mm is great- robust, clean, and cheap compared to you know what

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Master
    I think the BB41 (non-diver) is too big for the style, especially the lug to lug.

The full size diver is too thick for me.

Assume you’re referring to the fixed bezel, non diver BB41? I used to have one, black dial, wore it most days for about a year

Lots of positives - great lume, lovely clean design, kept great time, very versatile, 150m WR, thin profile, and you won’t get a better bracelet at the price.

However, I eventually concluded it was a a bit on the big side for me and for the style of watch that it was. I wished I’d gone for the 36mm version instead which is more compact, less ‘dead space’ on the dial. The 41mm was a bit of a dinner plate.

The price of the BB41 and BB36 is about £2400 now, which feels like quite a lot for a simple ETA based three hander - you could buy the new Ranger and get the COSC 70 hour PR movement and T-Glide clasp for the same money.

I think there’s a place in the Tudor line up for these two models as they don’t have the faux vintage thing going on like the BB58, Ranger and Pro, would be nice if they updated the BB36 and 41 to include the glide clasp and in-house movement, but I suspect they won’t do that to the BB36 now the Explorer has downsized to 36mm.

Maybe they’ll upgrade it and bring it back as a 39mm like the Ranger, that would be a good compromise.

Master
    So went to my local ad today, only saving grace for where I live as there are more empty shops than full.

Anyway was able to try on a variety of different watches to get a feel of them.

I think the ranger I prefer over the others due to how it sits etc, it does feel like less material etc too so not as weighty

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by davidj54 View Post
    Assume you’re referring to the fixed bezel, non diver BB41? I used to have one, black dial, wore it most days for about a year

Lots of positives - great lume, lovely clean design, kept great time, very versatile, 150m WR, thin profile, and you won’t get a better bracelet at the price.

However, I eventually concluded it was a a bit on the big side for me and for the style of watch that it was. I wished I’d gone for the 36mm version instead which is more compact, less ‘dead space’ on the dial. The 41mm was a bit of a dinner plate.

The price of the BB41 and BB36 is about £2400 now, which feels like quite a lot for a simple ETA based three hander - you could buy the new Ranger and get the COSC 70 hour PR movement and T-Glide clasp for the same money.

I think there’s a place in the Tudor line up for these two models as they don’t have the faux vintage thing going on like the BB58, Ranger and Pro, would be nice if they updated the BB36 and 41 to include the glide clasp and in-house movement, but I suspect they won’t do that to the BB36 now the Explorer has downsized to 36mm.

Maybe they’ll upgrade it and bring it back as a 39mm like the Ranger, that would be a good compromise.

I have to agree is does sit large on the wrist, with the bezel making it seem bigger also.

I also didn’t like the polished details around the indices which seemed to catch the light in the shop and make it a bit shouty

Quote Originally Posted by burton View Post
    So went to my local ad today, only saving grace for where I live as there are more empty shops than full.

Anyway was able to try on a variety of different watches to get a feel of them.

I think the ranger I prefer over the others due to how it sits etc, it does feel like less material etc too so not as weighty

So did you buy something??

Master
    I was very keen, more than I thought on the Ranger, but wanting to think about it, as I do like the speedy still...

Wanting not to rush into it and ensure that it's a keeper purchase than just a flip later on

I was very keen, more than I thought on the Ranger, but wanting to think about it, as I do like the speedy still...

Wanting not to rush into it and ensure that it's a keeper purchase than just a flip later on
    Sensible approach!

- - - Updated - - -

Sensible approach!

I recently visited an AD to compare both the BB41 and the Ranger when the Ranger was released.
    I ended up purchasing the BB41.
    A perfect tool watch, daily driver, and much nicer than the Ranger IMO.
    I have absolutely no regrets, apart from not purchasing it sooner.
    I would recommend this without hesitation.