closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Alden Indy boots where to buy from?

Master

Alden Indy boots where to buy from?

Quite fancy a pair of these, anywhere recommended to buy them from?

I am in ireland so in the EU. Seeing prices around 800 euro

Master
    Blog Entries

These https://gabuccistore.com/collections...kaAqSsEALw_wcB

I didn’t realise they were so expensive.

Master
    Fantasitc boots, I've got the 403's I've worn quite a bit and a new pair of 405's still in the box. Really comfortable straight out the box and they come up nice with little Venetian cream every so often. I found the last a little large and went down half a size.

Worth having a wee watch of this before shelling out the cash, I always find his appraisals pretty fair and honest - he'll usually call out the good and bad in what he reviews
    https://youtu.be/P11e6SW_1T8

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Luke View Post
    Worth having a wee watch of this before shelling out the cash, I always find his appraisals pretty fair and honest - he'll usually call out the good and bad in what he reviews
    Mostly bad in this case. You could buy a nice pair of crockett and jones for the money.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Wow not the best are they.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Luke View Post
    i like his reviews but he has a fair few detractors if you look around

i bought a pair of thursday diplomats on his recommendation and pretty happy with them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ernestrome View Post
    Mostly bad in this case. You could buy a nice pair of crockett and jones for the money.
    i have a good few pairs of C&J shoes, but generally its about the aesthetic and they dont do a pair like the indys.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by SIB View Post
    Fantasitc boots, I've got the 403's I've worn quite a bit and a new pair of 405's still in the box. Really comfortable straight out the box and they come up nice with little Venetian cream every so often. I found the last a little large and went down half a size.
    im a uk 9.5 in most churchs, loakes and C&j shoes, a 9 in some loafers. Would you think UK 9 or 9.5 in the aldens?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrusir View Post
    im a uk 9.5 in most churchs, loakes and C&j shoes, a 9 in some loafers. Would you think UK 9 or 9.5 in the aldens?
    I would probably go with a UK9. I'm UK9 in most shoes but took an 8.5 with these.......I take in 8.5 in Trickers boots too but feel the Aldens are just a touch larger still

Craftsman
    I m a big trickers guy but must admit I brought a pair of Alden Indy’s when in NY 2019 and I love them. I m looking on clutch cafe for another pair as we speak.

The guy in the Alden shop was very interested in the trickers I had on at the time and he was very impressed with how well made they were. Kinda hinted there construction was superior to the aldens.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by SIB View Post
    I would probably go with a UK9. I'm UK9 in most shoes but took an 8.5 with these.......I take in 8.5 in Trickers boots too but feel the Aldens are just a touch larger still
    thanks good to know

Master
    Another positive review for Ninja pans. I ended up picking them up half price in the Black Friday sales and they are superb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    Another positive review for Ninja pans. I ended up picking them up half price in the Black Friday sales and they are superb.
    You do know this is the boot thread, right?

I bought mine here, they're just at the top end of Savile Row, half size down worked for Me

https://www.connollyengland.com/

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ernestrome View Post
    I have C&J boots, Viberg's and Alden's. Alden's have a handmade feel, both in good and bad way. They are surely not the same quality level construction wise as C&J boots, but they have their own very specific style and flair which I like a lot. Alden's leather and materials are very nice, and for a boot they are superbly comfortable.

I've bought most of my Alden's form The Bureau Belfast, Kafka and Trunk. They all run discounts at some point of the year and if you are lucky and your size is available, it's usually 20 or 30% of the list price.

No matter the quality of any boots, I will just get bored of the style after a couple of years. That’s why I will never buy really expensive boots.

I stick with Loakes or Grensons in the sale. That way when I get bored of them after a couple of years I don’t feel the need to keep wearing them.

Plus the quality is more than enough for my liking.

Just look at the craze for brougues between 2010 and 2015. I bought about 5 good quality pairs, none of which I now wear.

Trunk in London sell Alden.

Even if they don't have Indys in stock at the moment it's worth getting in touch with them.

End also get them in occasionally.

Personally I bought mine from eBay second hand for a song. I love them.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    .Just look at the craze for brougues between 2010 and 2015. I bought about 5 good quality pairs, none of which I now wear.
    Timeless classic though so always in fashion.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Good footwear always comes back round. *

* really shouldn’t have given those Italian loafers away…..

Try Frans Boone
    Exceptionally good shop based in Holland

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by GOAT View Post
    Try Frans Boone
    Exceptionally good shop based in Holland
    thanks had a look some nice stuff but no Indy’s in cordovan just at the moment

"Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Quote Originally Posted by deepreddave View Post
    Timeless classic though so always in fashion.
    Only on here.