closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Heuer Pasadena day/date "no-name" - thoughts please?

Heuer Pasadena day/date "no-name" - thoughts please?

I recently purchased this Heuer "no name" Pasadena and later read on an old post somewhere that the Pasadena "no date" (date & Day/date) had tritium dots at the 12, 3, 6 & 9 rather than the small rectangle tritium markers seen on the named Pasadena.

In my research I saw that StewartM in his excellent summary of the Pasadena in OTD noted :

"Named & no-Named Differences
    It has been noted that the dials between the 'named' and 'no-named' have small differences.
    The 'named' dials have small rectangular shaped markers at the 12, 3, 6 & 9 hour positions. The 'no-named' models have dots.
    The 'named' dials have longer seconds markers between the hour markers on the main outer dial.
    An example has been found that 'breaks' the above observations, it is understood that this is most probably a transitional model, and further anomalies may be found in such models."
    http://www.chronocentric.com/forums/...read;id=41100;

Given that everything looks to be authentic to my eyes, is this an example of a "transitional" piece that StewartM refers to. I have only been able to find three other "no name" examples with identical stick type markers at 3,6,9 and 12 in my internet searches.

Thanks for your thoughts in advance!

Beautiful chrono!, new for me. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Sorry can help with any info but it looks fab

Master
    The 80s were a very turbulent time for Heuer. Jack Heuer lost control to the consortium that controlled lemania as well before it was sold to TAG in 1985-86.
    During that time a lot of the stock was run down resulting in different “transitional” configurations. I have seen a lot of watches signed Tag Heuer on the dial but Heuer on the crown and the caseback etc.
    So I wouldn’t be surprised at all of they used the no name dial and stamped it with the Heuer logo during the tail end of the production.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ar.parask View Post
    The 80s were a very turbulent time for Heuer. Jack Heuer lost control to the consortium that controlled lemania as well before it was sold to TAG in 1985-86.
    During that time a lot of the stock was run down resulting in different “transitional” configurations. I have seen a lot of watches signed Tag Heuer on the dial but Heuer on the crown and the caseback etc.
    So I wouldn’t be surprised at all of they used the no name dial and stamped it with the Heuer logo during the tail end of the production.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes, very true. A messy time for Heuer and just about every other Swiss watchmaker. Apparently suppliers with legit Heuer stamps were creating their own Heuer watches outside of the strict control of Heuer. I have this one which confounds most, even Heuer Heritage who concede it's a Heuer stamped dial most likely made by Singer (Rolex Daytona) and then put into a Lemania case c. 1983. Why? Who knows!

cheers.

Master
    There are numerous variations of dial in these. I currently have 3 and that even includes two different cases - the casebacks are a different size and there’s a very subtle difference in the cushion outline. I have never seen that mentioned in any review. I also have a 7750 Montreal with a dial variation that I hadn’t seen before. The sub dial at 6 is smaller than the other two and printed around a full size hour marker. Again evidence of cobbling things together in the final days of Heuer.