closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Maurice Lacroix Aikon - owner experiences please

Maurice Lacroix Aikon - owner experiences please

I’ve been admiring of this watch since its release, but never seen any owners comment about their views and experience.

Any owners or previous owners here? What do/did you think of the watch?

Thanks.

Oh, and it’s this automatic, blue dial at 39mm

Not an owner but I've handled one and it is totally worth the money and actually a really nicely put together watch. Try to buy 2nd hand if resale value is a consideration

Decent watches but for the love of God, don't buy new, you'll take a massive bath if you ever sell it on.

The polished detail on the bezel is really easy to scratch, so be aware of that, but apart from that they're all good.

I saw an old guy perhaps 75 or 80 who could literally afford anything he wanted wearing one. He was one of those guys that you would see the The Rake magazine. He was effortlessly cool and stylish and if it was good enough for him....... Sometimes the less obvious choice is the coolest.

Master
    I’ve got the larger model (41mm?) and really impressed with the quality of it. Very comfortable watch with a good weight, bracelet is very nice on it

I had the 42mm model with blue dial and really quite liked it. Fit and finish were pretty good, with some nice details.

It was a good size for me, and a good-looking watch IMO, comfortable to wear, with easy quick-release springbars to switch between bracelet and strap.

As others have said, the mirror-polished bezel claws pick up scratches very easily. When I received mine, the bezel was slightly misaligned, so the 12 and 6 claws didn't sit perfectly centrally between the bracelet links or line up with the dial markers. This bugged me, so I sent it to ML and it was fixed under warranty.

I think this might be quite common with these - I saw lots of pictures online showing the same issue, such as this one that I've just found at random:

These are big dippers, so best to buy used, I'd say.
    Last edited by DMC102; 7th December 2022 at 12:15.

Quote Originally Posted by SIB View Post
    I’ve got the larger model (41mm?) and really impressed with the quality of it. Very comfortable watch with a good weight, bracelet is very nice on it

Thanks for this. Is there good fine adjustment on the bracelet, or is it by swapping out whole links only? Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by colin t View Post
    Thanks for this. Is there good fine adjustment on the bracelet, or is it by swapping out whole links only? Cheers
    No fine adjustment, butterfly clasp. I can't remember if there are half links, I think there probably are.

Thanks again for the helpful comments and steer guys. I’ve jumped in and committed to a used one that I’ve been keeping an eye on. I will bore you with pics in due course!