closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Recommendations for Safety Vaults in London

Master

Recommendations for Safety Vaults in London

Hi hoping someone can help me out or point me in the right direction in terms of locating a reliable and secure safety deposit vault/box location.

I am unable to install a high security vault at home as I live in a flat and unable to physically nail or fix anything to the ground. Thus the 2nd best alternative seems like storing them in a bank vault such as the ones I have found like IBV or Harrods Safety boxes.

Does anyone on here use services like these or have any recommendations?

Thank you

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Selfridges -

The safe deposit area in our London store has been in existence for over 80 years, providing storage facilities in a variety of sizes of safe deposit boxes. Each safe deposit box is operated by two keys and can only be accessed when accompanied by a custodian. So, whether it’s precious jewellery or a family heirloom, you can visit your valuables as often as you like and fees for a box range from £249 to £900 a year. Our opening hours are Monday to Friday 10am to 6pm and Saturday 9.30am to 6pm. We are closed Sundays and Bank Holidays. For more information, please call 020 7318 3175, or email safedeposit@selfridges.co.uk.

I have a safety deposit box with Metro Bank. They have several branches with that facility around the City.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by proby24 View Post
    I have a safety deposit box with Metro Bank. They have several branches with that facility around the City.
    Thank you, I guess its different to MetroSafes right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    Selfridges -

The safe deposit area in our London store has been in existence for over 80 years, providing storage facilities in a variety of sizes of safe deposit boxes. Each safe deposit box is operated by two keys and can only be accessed when accompanied by a custodian. So, whether it’s precious jewellery or a family heirloom, you can visit your valuables as often as you like and fees for a box range from £249 to £900 a year. Our opening hours are Monday to Friday 10am to 6pm and Saturday 9.30am to 6pm. We are closed Sundays and Bank Holidays. For more information, please call 020 7318 3175, or email safedeposit@selfridges.co.uk.
    Cheers will check them out!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaiserphoenix View Post
    Hi hoping someone can help me out or point me in the right direction in terms of locating a reliable and secure safety deposit vault/box location.

I am unable to install a high security vault at home as I live in a flat and unable to physically nail or fix anything to the ground. Thus the 2nd best alternative seems like storing them in a bank vault such as the ones I have found like IBV or Harrods Safety boxes.

Does anyone on here use services like these or have any recommendations?

Thank you
    I am sure you have researched this, but we had a safe fitted at my old house and they used chemical resin to stick it down as they could not drill the floor (under floor heating). They reckoned it was as strong - only downside is you can't remove it and take it with you when you move so they prefer to bolt down where possible. This was a local security firm.

I have a friend who uses the ones opposite from Harrods, think you mentioned them. Meant to be good and also insured apparently.

I use Metrobank which I'm happy with but they don't offer a separate insurance. I have two boxes in two different branches to try and spread the risk.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MB2 View Post
    I am sure you have researched this, but we had a safe fitted at my old house and they used chemical resin to stick it down as they could not drill the floor (under floor heating). They reckoned it was as strong - only downside is you can't remove it and take it with you when you move so they prefer to bolt down where possible. This was a local security firm.
    Not sure I see a safe in the house as a great option.
    Everything in one place and you're going to open it with a machete at your neck.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    I have a friend who uses the ones opposite from Harrods, think you mentioned them. Meant to be good and also insured apparently.

I use Metrobank which I'm happy with but they don't offer a separate insurance. I have two boxes in two different branches to try and spread the risk.
    I wonder what the stats are for commercial security vaults getting broken into?
    Has there been any since Hatton Garden?

Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    Not sure if you've seen this one recently: https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...ts-broken-into

Master
    I had assumed that one was in Germany and I was more thinking of UK

Tbh no idea, just know they're safer there than in my house.

Used to have a box 3 doors down at work and it was bliss. The two now aren't very easy and it's annoying.

Not sure I see a safe in the house as a great option.
    Everything in one place and you're going to open it with a machete at your neck.
    Understand there are pros & cons of a safe in the house, OP suggested he wanted one but couldn't fit one but they can be fitted without drilling it seems.

Journeyman
    I use Metro Bank. I like the fact that the rooms are in the branch and pretty visible from the street (apart from the room you open your box). Plus opening 7 days a week means things like Hatton Garden, over a long weekend, aren’t possible.
    Having a safe at home seems crazy to me. Who wouldn’t open one if they or their family were threatened?

Quote Originally Posted by Subday View Post
    I use Metro Bank. I like the fact that the rooms are in the branch and pretty visible from the street (apart from the room you open your box). Plus opening 7 days a week means things like Hatton Garden, over a long weekend, aren’t possible.
    Having a safe at home seems crazy to me. Who wouldn’t open one if they or their family were threatened?
    Having a front door is crazy to me. Who wouldn't open one if they or their family were threatened?

Slightly facetious, but hopefully conveys the point. Ideally, have both a safe and a deposit box.

Quote Originally Posted by Subday View Post
    Anyone invades my home with my family present can have whatever they desire. Safes are ideal for when you are not at home.

Craftsman
    I’ve got a safe to satisfy insurance requirements, that said, the vault idea isn’t one I’ve thought of before.

How does it work on home insurance, I’m currently paying an eye watering amount for valuables, assume if a significant value of watches are outside the home you can reduce the sum insured, but need to have confidence in the vault if anything happened there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by peterdo View Post
    I’ve got a safe to satisfy insurance requirements, that said, the vault idea isn’t one I’ve thought of before.

How does it work on home insurance, I’m currently paying an eye watering amount for valuables, assume if a significant value of watches are outside the home you can reduce the sum insured, but need to have confidence in the vault if anything happened there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The Glasgow Vault company will insure your valuables with a separate policy -that's from their website