closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Laptop Backpack

Laptop Backpack

Looking for recommendations for the above

I’ve had a Tumi briefcase with padded laptop section that has lasted 17 years. Other than fraying handles and one broken zip it is amazing.

However travelling a bit more and a backpack will be more practicable. Can see Tumi have one at about £400 but am not near a store to see one. Thats probably too budget but I know quality product

Saw a Samsonite Openroad 2.0 today at John Lewis circa £180. Looked pretty impressive but need to take my laptop with me to work out whether I need the medium or large. As well as laptop need to carry charger and some papers and the usual detritus when travelling. An exterior water bottle holder would be useful as well

Will be used on the train and the odd flight. All recommendations gratefully received

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by dandanthewatchman View Post

I’ve had a Tumi briefcase with padded laptop section that has lasted 17 years. Other than fraying handles and one broken zip it is amazing.

However travelling a bit more and a backpack will be more practicable. Can see Tumi have one at about £400 but am not near a store to see one. Thats probably too budget but I know quality product

Saw a Samsonite Openroad 2.0 today at John Lewis circa £180. Looked pretty impressive but need to take my laptop with me to work out whether I need the medium or large. As well as laptop need to carry charger and some papers and the usual detritus when travelling. An exterior water bottle holder would be useful as well

Will be used on the train and the odd flight. All recommendations gratefully received

Hi,

I was in the same boat a few months back and went with a Samsonite Pro-DLX 5 backpack. They are often on Amazon lower than rrp.

Master

I have a lot of Tumi stuff and I really don’t think it’s the best kit anymore. The prices are silly and the change in warranty means no really difference from another other quality luggage at half the price.

If you are a frequent traveller the Briggs and Riley kit has a lifetime guarantee so any issues wherever you are regardless of the age / condition you can drop it off for a replacement. Not cheap but very practical design and better guarantee than Tumi.

Quote Originally Posted by joe narvey View Post
    If you are a frequent traveller the Briggs and Riley kit has a lifetime guarantee so any issues wherever you are regardless of the age / condition you can drop it off for a replacement. Not cheap but very practical design and better guarantee than Tumi.
    I'll second this. I've got lots of Tumi stuff, but my recent purchases have all been Briggs & Riley.

I tried going down the dedicated backpack route, but was recommended a suitable laptop case, as then the backpack world is your oyster.

I'm very thankful for that as it makes for a much more versatile system, rather thank always having to stick with the laptop backpack whenever you need to take your laptop somewhere.

Whichever bag you decide to go for - consider a £5 neoprene sleeve for extra impact resistance, with half a chance of keeping the laptop dry if it rains.
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201564045...cAAOSwjhJd8hC-

Craftsman
    I've got a Deuter Giga laptop backpack which is still going strong. Currently available at a discount from Amazon

Deuter Unisex Giga Urban Backpack https://amzn.eu/d/2B7P9uo

https://www.deutergb.co.uk/products/...ifestyle/giga/

Sent from my DN2103 using Tapatalk

Master
    Belroy do some good laptop backpacks. Chase Reeves who has a YT channels all about bags has a site with recommendations https://matterful.co/d/everyday-carry/

I bought one of these https://www.lttstore.com/products/backpack working theory being, buy a backpack for a laptop made by people who love technology.

I'll be completely honest, it's the best laptop/tech/overnight bag I've ever had.

I have a lot of Tumi stuff and I really don’t think it’s the best kit anymore. The prices are silly and the change in warranty means no really difference from another other quality luggage at half the price.

Thanks all. Briggs and Riley @work cargo large backpack ordered …. £329 so not cheap but if it lasts half as long as my Tumi it will see me into retirement. Will report back when it arrives

Master
    Thanks all. Briggs and Riley @work cargo large backpack ordered …. £329 so not cheap but if it lasts half as long as my Tumi it will see me into retirement. Will report back when it arrives

If not ordered yet, call London luggage and tell them you want 10% discount .

I have a bit of a 'problem' with bags (a similar problem as many here face with watches...) so I've used a few. My current bags are the Bellroy Venture and a Yeti Crossroads 27l. The Bellroy has a problem with the straps slipping so their customer service team are offering free strap clamps, but otherwise it's an amazing mid-sized bag with good organisation. The Yeti is bigger and can carry much more, but isn't too large or cumbersome to use every day, it's very comfortable too. They do a slightly smaller version as well if size matters.

Both are waterproof, built to last, have quick access pockets as well as useful interior pockets, and neither are 'too organised' like some bags that have such specific pockets they're useless apart from carrying one specific thing.

If you travel I'd aim for the Yeti, as it's large enough to be used for a weekend bag if you needed, or just to travel flexibly and know you can stuff a jacket inside, or carry multiple pouches and packing cubes if you needed.

If not ordered yet, call London luggage and tell them you want 10% discount .
    Thanks - they are out of stock. Have an unused generous Selfridges gift card that I have used for the buy

I have a Eurohike backpack I bought 20 years ago for £10.

Been everywhere with me and still doing it’s job. All zips and seams still intact.

Beware overpriced imitations.