closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Wagamamas Toilets

Craftsman

Wagamamas Toilets

Went to Wagamamas in Chelmsford today for lunch, whilst out shopping with the missus. We don't go here very often, but had to drop her car in to a garage in Chelmsford.

Anyway, I needed a wee and went off to find the Gents. There was everything but a Gents! Disabled, Baby changing, Ladies. No Gents. Just a few doors that said "For Everyone".
    It took me a while to realise where I was meant to go as there were a lot of different doors with the usual signs on, except the one we are all used to seeing. I know Wagamamas see themselves as a progressive outfit, but this just seemed a bit of a strange thing to do.

I am not that bothered about it, I just hadn't seen this before.
    Is this a popular thing at other places?

Master
    Been to the Thai crazy bear in Amersham (or close) where I’ve had to push bits of wall to find to loo, and still wasn’t sure if a urinal or sink!

At our office there are communal toilets. Basically a load of cubicles with their own sinks etc. No separate male or female toilets. Makes sense and much more efficient as gents toilets tend to usually be a third full and ladies are usually pretty full so combining the 2 together with the combined space of both means there is usually a free cubicle for both men and women.

That's news to me (but we're less modern up here). A bit inconsistent to split Ladies and Everyone?

P.S. I'm assuming your pronoun is he/him. (o;

Gender neutral toilets. Nothing to do with some kind of modern way of p1ssing. More to do with taking up a smaller footprint and cheaper to operate.

Master
    I wish they were more progressive on service. The last few times I’ve been they seemed to be taking their cues from communist Eastern Europe.

Master
    Perhaps they're expecting gents to piss in their doorway?

Mixed toilets in an office - smelling the fit birds lunchtime dump - kind of spoils the old image haha

I was in a local community school and asked at reception for the gents. The smug receptionist said they don't have any gents toilets - turned out to be a similar arrangement. God help the poor girls having to share facilities with teenage boys!

Went to a place yesterday that labelled their toilets ’unisex toilets’. Not sure why they needed to label them as unisex, just the word Toilets is easy enough to understand.

I understand unisex but not why OP's had ladies.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    I understand unisex but not why OP's had ladies.
    I'd give that 10 minutes to think about it.
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by andyb28 View Post
    Went to Wagamamas in Chelmsford today for lunch, whilst out shopping with the missus. We don't go here very often....
    ISWYDT

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    At our office there are communal toilets. Basically a load of cubicles with their own sinks etc. No separate male or female toilets. Makes sense and much more efficient as gents toilets tend to usually be a third full and ladies are usually pretty full so combining the 2 together with the combined space of both means there is usually a free cubicle for both men and women.
    Can’t speak for them as a male but understand many women feel uncomfortable using unisex facilities.

Quote Originally Posted by MacDeath View Post
    Mixed toilets in an office - smelling the fAt birds lunchtime dump - kind of spoils the old image haha
    That would be worse

Master
    I was in Chelmsford myself this morning. Pizza Express in Derby has (or had, not been there for a few years) unisex toilets, with individual cubicles containing their own basin. I don't mind it, it doesn't compromise privacy. Obviously urinals are more space-efficient. Probably more water-efficient as well.

Should have gone to Preto the Brazilian restaurant in Chelmsford, been there a few times, never disappoints, can’t remember what the bogs are like though.

I think Wagamama have thought that through pretty well to be honest. Women really get the short end of the stick when it comes to sharing loos. I'd want to touch as little as possible in a toilet used by males, let alone be forced to make contact or hover over a toilet seat covered in urine.

Let those who have to sit use their own facility. Anyone who identifies as an individual that pisses on the seat can share the other toilets.
    Last edited by Christian; 3rd December 2022 at 23:16.

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    I think Wagamama have thought that through pretty well to be honest. Women really get the short end of the stick when it comes to sharing loos. I'd want to touch as little as possible in a toilet used by males, let alone be forced to make contact or hover over a toilet seat covered in urine.

Let those who have to sit use their own facility. Anyone who identifies as an individual that pisses on the seat can share the other toilets.
    Then why not just call it 'gents'?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Then why not just call it 'gents'?
    Because just turning "Gents" into "For Everyone" allows them to tick an inclusivity box whilst knowing the reality of the matter is that nothing has changed. I think I'd far rather they did this than make every toilet gender neutral then every poor sod has to put up with pee'd on toilet seats. This way, they still keep traditional “Gents” well away from “Ladies”.
    Last edited by Christian; 4th December 2022 at 00:33.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MacDeath View Post
    Mixed toilets in an office - smelling the fit birds lunchtime dump - kind of spoils the old image haha
    If you've been married a long time the magic has probably gone down the toilet anyway, so to speak.
    I remember an occasion a few years ago where the only toilet available was the disabled at some venue. I did a particularly voluminous and ripe one that I'd been saving all day. As I came out a youngish woman was waiting to enter. I said "you might want to give it 5 minutes before you go in there". I thought I was doing her a favour but she curled her lip and looked at me like I had the turd on my chin. So I said "fair enough, enjoy yourself" as she huffily entered.
    I advocate seperate toilets.

I love these ads

Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH

In The King's Wark pub in Leith, they have applied particularly stupid signage, as their twee use of the vernacular causes no end of confusion.

The female toilet is "Lassies." The gent's is "Laddies."

Now if you're unfamiliar with those terms, or if English is not your first language, you're going to read "Laddies" as "Ladies."

In a recent three hour visit to the pub, some friends and I enjoyed the confusion and horror that ensued.

One foreign gent saw "Laddies" read "Ladies" and naturally went straight into the Lassies. Luckily it was unoccupied.

Next up, a gent went into the Laddies, followed a minute later by a young woman who exited VERY quickly, in a state of some embarrassment. Twenty minutes later the same thing happened.

After several pints, this became an exceedingly funny spectator sport.
    David
    Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations

Quote Originally Posted by dkpw View Post
    In The King's Wark pub in Leith, they have applied particularly stupid signage, as their twee use of the vernacular causes no end of confusion.

The female toilet is "Lassies." The gent's is "Laddies."

Now if you're unfamiliar with those terms, or if English is not your first language, you're going to read "Laddies" as "Ladies."

In a recent three hour visit to the pub, some friends and I enjoyed the confusion and horror that ensued.

One foreign gent saw "Laddies" read "Ladies" and naturally went straight into the Lassies. Luckily it was unoccupied.

Next up, a gent went into the Laddies, followed a minute later by a young woman who exited VERY quickly, in a state of some embarrassment. Twenty minutes later the same thing happened.

After several pints, this became an exceedingly funny spectator sport.
    Brilliant. We were in a central London bar yesterday where the female loo was signed "Queens"

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Brilliant. We were in a central London bar yesterday where the female loo was signed "Queens"
    I can think of a couple of pubs in Soho where that would be very confusing indeed.
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

Many, many, many, years ago whilst at uni my mates an I went out for a few pints in Edinburgh, we were on the way to the Highlands and Islands and only had field kit with us, hiking boots, wet weather kit etc.
    Not one pub in the town centre would let us in as we were all scruff bags, until we saw a pub completely empty with a (pink) pool table, in we went bought some beers, played pool and had the place to ourselves for a couple of hours. It was a strange place, Aussie themed with a bar man in a very tight shirt, tiny tight shorts and corked hat. It made a change from a kilt though.
    The girls with us complained there were no ladies toilets, just some cubicles (I guess they were gender neutral before it was a thing), After a while we realised it had filled up with blokes - no women, we thought nothing of it, (everyone was very friendly) a few more pints later, off to the bog I went, only to find there was a massive gents khazi / wet room out the back (as big as the bar) complete with showers and glory holes!… only then did it dawn on me… yep was not quick on the up take as a kid!
    Last edited by Sinnlover; 4th December 2022 at 15:01.

I never knew they were gender neutral, I always assumed they were for taking a massive she/it

Craftsman
    I remember being at Zizzies (I think it’s spelt like that) in Basingstoke where the loos seemed to be an open planned type of arrangement - very strange!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

'progressive' councils have tried them in high-schools...............

Not sure there were ANY approvals from pupils!

Master
    Local Michelin star restaurant has two toilets, with figures on the doors technically indicating what is what. However, the figures are ladylike, dressed in kind of a cape, but they have beard - a bit like Conchita Wurst. These are unisex toilets, the signs always make me smile. It often takes a while when people register the situation, they stop by the doors and start thinking. Funny to watch too.

Master
    I remember one pub similar to this, 'everyone' door meant that if the Ladies was busy and there was a queue they could then use the Everyone toilet if keen, wereas us guys had no choice but tu use the one with urinals.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisparker View Post
    Went to a place yesterday that labelled their toilets ’unisex toilets’. Not sure why they needed to label them as unisex, just the word Toilets is easy enough to understand.
    Not for millennials.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    Many, many, many, years ago whilst at uni my mates an I went out for a few pints in Edinburgh, we were on the way to the Highlands and Islands and only had field kit with us, hiking boots, wet weather kit etc.
    Not one pub in the town centre would let us in as we were all scruff bags, until we saw a pub completely empty with a (pink) pool table, in we went bought some beers, played pool and had the place to ourselves for a couple of hours. It was a strange place, Aussie themed with a bar man in a very tight shirt, tiny tight shorts and corked hat. It made a change from a kilt though.
    The girls with us complained there were no ladies toilets, just some cubicles (I guess they were gender neutral before it was a thing), After a while we realised it had filled up with blokes - no women, we thought nothing of it, (everyone was very friendly) a few more pints later, off to the bog I went, only to find there was a massive gents khazi / wet room out the back (as big as the bar) complete with showers and glory holes!… only then did it dawn on me… yep was not quick on the up take as a kid!
    Stayed for a few more pints right ;-)

We have these at work

I am a dinosaur and do not understand these things.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    Been to the Thai crazy bear in Amersham (or close) where I’ve had to push bits of wall to find to loo, and still wasn’t sure if a urinal or sink!

Crazy bear Beaconsfield? I genuinely couldn't find the sink and thought the door I'd used to enter had vanished. god knows what would have happened if I'd been a full bottle in when I needed to go.

Master
    I'm sure there's still a pub in Aberdeen that has no ladies loo, just a gents.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Stayed for a few more pints right ;-)
    I have only just come home!

Quote Originally Posted by markbannister View Post
    I'm sure there's still a pub in Aberdeen that has no ladies loo, just a gents.
    The grill

I think it has ladies now.

When I was in my early twenties and thinking of moving to Aberdeen I was taken there for lunch, to convince me to relocate!!!!

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Master
    No, not The Grill (great pub), might be called The Stag, just up from the Yangtze River if I remember correctly

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornholio View Post
    How pathetic.

Surely just the word 'Toilets' would suffice, unless millennials don't understand a collective term of course.