closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: 19mm strap recommendations

Master
    Blog Entries

19mm strap recommendations

Hi I have two new incomings, both with 19mm straps and I have none in my box of watch bits.

Can anyone recommend.

1. A good quality black rubber strap like a tropic, or a sailcloth/cordura style. I'd like something with a 16 or 18 buckle and really would like something comfortable so vulcanised or soft. Finally with flat ends rather than fitted.

2. A smooth leather in either burgundy or brown (to compliment silver dialled & steel) and monotone stitching, 16mm buckle and again something comfortable and with flat ends.

Buying straps online is a minefield so any recommendations would be welcome.

Cheers
    Pete.

Have a look at Watch Obsession in mid-Wales, they usually have a large range of Hirsch straps (and others) which may meet your requirements.

Their site also makes selecting 19mm straps very easy.
    David
    Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations

Master
    Cheap Nato straps have a Tropic that tapers to 16mm at the buckle. Its as good a quality as any of the other cheap Tropics I have tried.

As dkpw has said, Watch Obsession is probably the best resource in the UK. Im my opinion.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    I had a 20mm tropic on a seiko willard that fit nicely and tapered to 16mm.
    They compress without looking even slightly squashed so if you already have a 20mm tropic might be worth giving it a try before spending on 19mm.

Quote Originally Posted by pete-r View Post
    Hi I have two new incomings, both with 19mm straps and I have none in my box of watch bits.

Can anyone recommend.

1. A good quality black rubber strap like a tropic, or a sailcloth/cordura style. I'd like something with a 16 or 18 buckle and really would like something comfortable so vulcanised or soft. Finally with flat ends rather than fitted.

2. A smooth leather in either burgundy or brown (to compliment silver dialled & steel) and monotone stitching, 16mm buckle and again something comfortable and with flat ends.

Buying straps online is a minefield so any recommendations would be welcome.

Cheers
    Pete.
    Hi,

I have a few Fluco "Chicago" shell cordovan straps, they might be worth a look. IMO they're pretty good in terms of quality and £.
    (https://fluco-online.de/en/product/h...shellcordovan/)

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    I had a 20mm tropic on a seiko willard that fit nicely and tapered to 16mm.
    They compress without looking even slightly squashed so if you already have a 20mm tropic might be worth giving it a try before spending on 19mm.
    Quite. JB tropic is actually just under 20mm anyway. And soft enough to fit between 19mm lugs easily.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for the replies.

Where is the JB tropic from? My only experience is with an oem Breitling diver pro which was fanatically comfy, and an F91W plastic you could cut bread with.

I've got a fluco shell cordovan strap in 18, but was disappointed. The floating keeper is massive so the tail falls out, and not as comfortable as i hoped.

Anyone used the Nomos OEM ones? They seem fair value for money.

Thanks for the replies.

Where is the JB tropic from? My only experience is with an oem Breitling diver pro which was fanatically comfy, and an F91W plastic you could cut bread with.

I've got a fluco shell cordovan strap in 18, but was disappointed. The floating keeper is massive so the tail falls out, and not as comfortable as i hoped.

Anyone used the Nomos OEM ones? They seem fair value for money.
    Shipped from Paris

Craftsman
    As mentioned, Watch Obsession...I usually get most of my 19mm straps from them, great service also.

19mm strap recommendations

A Collected Man and Molequin have served me well for 19mm Leather straps. Though I’m not sure they have exactly what you’re after in terms of rubber / cordura…
    Worth a browse however they are more expensive than say going on Etsy and getting a custom one made

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ozzyb123; 8th December 2022 at 09:31.

Master
    For the leather strap Atelier Romane and Veblenist both offer custom options, and are both excellent in terms of quality.

Veblenist slightly cheaper (albeit still up there in terms of quality) and very accommodating with any customisation requests;

Atelier Romane are amongst the best straps I've bought at any price point, and width & length can be specified.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for the replies.

Where is the JB tropic from?
    JB is short for Joseph bonnie, see here - https://www.josephbonnie.com/?s=tropic

They're VERY good.

Master
    Also recommend the JB straps, their tropic are really excellent.

On the more dress one, I've had good success with Delugs. They are a bit pricey, but quality is very good, and on a 19mm they're 16mm at the buckle end. Plenty of options of leather and colour.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I'm interested in the JB rubber and an Atelier Romane leather, what's the score with import duty. Would say a €160 strap get hit hard with extra charges? AR also do a tropic but are two orders of lower value better than one in terms of customs?