closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Goretex Jackets

Master
    Congrats OP on your latest pick up, my jacket collection has increased again with the purchase of this moncler Vilair Grenoble gore tex

Picked up in the sale at Bicester and worn on slopes in Switzerland last week and performed admirably

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by R0bertb00th; 9th February 2023 at 14:45.

Craftsman
    That’s nice - any arm branding?

Quote Originally Posted by R0bertb00th View Post
    Congrats OP zone your latest pick up, my jacket collection has increased again with the purchase of this moncler Vilair Grenoble gore tex

Picked up in the sale at Bicester and worn on slopes in Switzerland last week and performed admirably

Brand freak alert!
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Chinese_Alan View Post
    That’s nice - any arm branding?
    Just the grenoble logo on the arm

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    Brand freak alert!
    10000000%

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    Brand freak alert!
    Just needs to turn his head sideways you can see the logo on the sunnies.

Sent from my SM-X200 using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    Just needs to turn his head sideways you can see the logo on the sunnies.

Sent from my SM-X200 using Tapatalk
    Were on a watch forum where there are seperate threads for expensive cars, footwear and jackets, as if anyone on here isnt vain :)
    Last edited by R0bertb00th; 9th February 2023 at 17:22.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    I thought it was, but seemingly not.

Looks very similar material, though to the Austrian Army 'Goretex' M65s.

M
    Tested my £35 ex Austrian Army Goretex M65 the other week, worked perfectly!

Quote Originally Posted by Maris View Post
    Tested my £35 ex Austrian Army Goretex M65 the other week, worked perfectly!
    Likewise recently had some use out of my, 42 euros including postage, same origin M65, very pleased with it. Like the big pockets and overall quality feel even though it's had a former life/ used.

I have had a Gore cycling jacket for many years, so I am not completely new to the material.

I know the Dry-Vent is not as hard wearing as the Goretex given the nature of the polymer used, and the breathability point of view it is not quite as good, but I am finding the feel and texture of the jacket to be nicer.

Feels like a rain jacket should, whereas Goretex always feels a little strangely stiff and a bit inflexibly odd.

However, I know which one I would use if I was trecking the hills of the Lake District in the rain.

But very pleased with the Dry-Vent even if I haven’t worn it it anger yet.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by R0bertb00th View Post
    Were on a watch forum where there are seperate threads for expensive cars, footwear and jackets, as if anyone on here isnt vain :)
    Why is there a couple of inches of hat above what I’d assume is your skull shape? Genuine question (as I’ve taken the pi** out your coats before!)

I wear my beanies down tight over my skull as I’m bald, and it seemed to make sense, vs gloves too large etc.

is it a fashion thing, or something about a warm air pocket it creates above your head?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    Likewise recently had some use out of my, 42 euros including postage, same origin M65, very pleased with it. Like the big pockets and overall quality feel even though it's had a former life/ used.
    Really happy with mine, wore it today when walking the hound and was too warm if anything! Can't go wrong for the price.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    Why is there a couple of inches of hat above what I’d assume is your skull shape? Genuine question (as I’ve taken the pi** out your coats before!)

I wear my beanies down tight over my skull as I’m bald, and it seemed to make sense, vs gloves too large etc.

is it a fashion thing, or something about a warm air pocket it creates above your head?
    It’s just the style - the goose is more of a ski hat, you’ll see my other one moncler is much more like the style you alluded too

Master
    Ah got you - thanks.

Saw this over on HUKD.

£34 for a Gore cycling jacket!

In black/neon and for a large size only. Just bought.

I will also post on the cycling thread as it is an amazing deal; my other Gore cycle jacket was 5 times the price.

There is a women in the photo, but it is definitely a man’s jacket. A guy has put up a photo of him wearing it in the thread.

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/gor...-large-4086928

Master
    Thank you. Just bought one.

Quote Originally Posted by seabiscuit View Post
    Thank you. Just bought one.
    Mine just arrived and it is a fantastic. An absolute billy bargain. Label says it is a Gore C5 GTX Jacket.

Master
    Mine arrived yesterday afternoon. Won’t bother posting a picture of it. But what a bargain for 34 quid. Think it’s £109 today. Thanks for your original post!

Master
    Picked up one of the Gore jackets via the above and it's bob on so cheers for the heads up. Ok, it's a little bright/yellow but I'm acutely aware that's a good thing on the road.

Deal expired - that would have made a good running jacket.

Anyway, if the OP is still reading, I just bought a Paramo fleece and jacket.
    Expensive, not GoreTex but proper kit. They use NikWax for waterproofing - think they are same company.

Will be buying a smock from them too soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Master
    Mine just arrived and it is a fantastic. An absolute billy bargain. Label says it is a Gore C5 GTX Jacket.

Great heads up! Thx

Master
    Top of the line is Shakedry. Astonishing bit of kit that's being discontinued. Got an insulated one and a standard one on ebay. Amazing in the rain when I'm on the bike. The insulated one is outrageous in cold/wet weather. You can get away with much lighter weight clothes underneath.

I have been using a TNF Quest dry vent jacket this wet winter for walks and some cycling. For a so called fashion brand it has been completely waterproof.

I was in John Lewis today and couldn’t pass up this at half price. Parka style so a little longer, and hopefully this is as waterproof and even more breathable than the TNF for long wet walks.

I have been using a TNF Quest dry vent jacket this wet winter for walks and some cycling. For a so called fashion brand it has been completely waterproof.

I was in John Lewis today and couldn’t pass up this at half price. Parka style so a little longer, and hopefully this is as waterproof and even more breathable than the TNF for long wet walks.

I like haglofs gear. What price was it if you don’t mind me asking ?
    Thx Andy

Goretex Jackets

Quote Originally Posted by lenlec View Post
    I like haglofs gear. What price was it if you don’t mind me asking ?
    Thx Andy
    Full price it was £260, but it was on the clearance rail for £130. It is the Reed GTX Goretex parka.

Full price it was £260, but it was on the clearance rail for £130. It is the Reed GTX Goretex parka.
    Looks like you’ve got yourself a bargain there.

Brilliant. Thank you. Lovely jacket
    And at a great price.