closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Apple Watch SE 44mm Advice

Apple Watch SE 44mm Advice

Good afternoon All,

I'm looking for a little bit of advice please.

I recently ordered an Apple Watch SE for a gift, the purchase was made from John Lewis.

Said watch arrived earlier today and duly unpacked from the generic brown cardboard they ship in, no bubble wrap just the watch box placed inside the brown box!

What has come to my notice is there is no outer plastic wrapping to the watch box, making me wonder if the watch has in fact been unwrapped.
    I have over the years bought many Apple products and can't remember a single one not being plastic wrapped on delivery.

Being as this is a gift I'm reluctant to totally unbox the watch in case there is further evidence that the watch has been unboxed and jeopardise
    any return.

Would anyone know if Apple no longer plastic wrap their products and this is now the norm ?

I have contacted J.L. and the very helpful young lady I spoke to was unsure and has forwarded my question to the relevant department.

T.I.A.

Brian.

Master
    Not a watch but my new iPhone arrived yesterday- not shrink wrapped just had a security seal- I’m sure someone will chime in whose recently bought a watch

Quote Originally Posted by lewie View Post
    Not a watch but my new iPhone arrived yesterday- not shrink wrapped just had a security seal- I’m sure someone will chime in whose recently bought a watch
    Thanks' Lewis, but never even had a security seal on it!

Master
    If its a gift and a high value one and you are not happy I would return to JL. If you can present in store you can ask for an exchange and assess the condition of the replacement.

Is everything present in the apple box?
    Does the watch look worn?
    Have the straps been taken out etc.?

The watch arrives inside an apple cardboard box which is ‘wrapped’ like a present with thinner branded cardboard.

Sounds like the usual Apple Watch presentation to me

Purchased one today for my daughter from the Apple store. Just a white cardboard box and no shrink wrap on it.

Master
    That all sounds wrong to me. Apple do opulent packaging on all their products; there should be layers of recyclables encompassing the watch and a sealed plastic film around the box.

Return it. Sounds like it's a refurb to me.

I bought an Apple watch Ultra a week or so ago. I'm pretty sure that the outer Apple box had no wrapping on it. Inside that box there are two further boxes - one for the watch head and one for the strap. These aren't plastic wrapped either, but do have a security seal - a bit like the rip off strip on Amazon boxes.

Inside the box for the watch head, the watch is wrapped in a bit of plastic that is folded on like a blanket.

If it were me, I'd unfasten the outer cardboard box, which is held together with foldy in/out bits, and check the two boxes inside are security sealed. Maybe perhaps only the one for the watch, as personally I couldn't give a monkeys if someone had handled the strap before me.

Try one of these...link.