closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New London boutique limited GS

Master
    Blog Entries

New London boutique limited GS

Hi TZ, incase you hadn’t heard the London boutique is moving to Bond Street and have launched a limited edition watch, 50 to be made and it was restricted to the gs9 club first and now on sale to anyone. Not many left but I think there are some. Released next month.

Very similar to the European limited edition, same pattern and dial but with lighter dial which I think is much nicer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Kash View Post
    Hi TZ, incase you hadn’t heard the London boutique is moving to Bond Street and have launched a limited edition watch, 50 to be made and it was restricted to the gs9 club first and now on sale to anyone. Not many left but I think there are some. Released next month.

Very similar to the European limited edition, same pattern and dial but with lighter dial which I think is much nicer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Beautiful 😍

Whilst that is not the sort of watch I would wear (it is very nice though) I am looking forward to popping in to the boutique one lunch time.
    It looks to be a bit bigger than the store in Knightsbridge.

Master
    Blog Entries
    That limited model is a hard no from me, but I'm really eager to check the new store out next time I'm up there.

Beautiful

Master
    Very nice

Master
    Does the Seiko boutique in Knightsbridge still exist and does it still do the full Seiko, GS, credor ranges? And is the new bond st boutique GS only?

I prefer the dial of the New York GS9 Special Edition...

Last edited by Rocket Man; 1st December 2022 at 16:55.

Craftsman
    Certainly a nice looking piece, and I personally am glad to see the pointed hands, rather than the truncated hands on the GS Quartz GMTs, for example. I'm sure plenty will be delighted there's no power reserve indicator on the front.

There are so many GS limited editions, and the prices are rather eyewatering for what seems a fairly uneventful specification - doesn't appear to be the 7 day Spring Drive movement, for example.

That looks ok but its not a screamer " I have to have it" by a long shot especially at that price.

That is a lovely dial and I've always liked that GS case design. I imagine it wears really well. Nice to see an actually limited edition too - only 50. Did you go for one, OP?

Master
    Bizarrely for a GS, I like everything...except the dial! The seconds hand for me could have more of a pop, but overall while loving that style of GS, the case, the movement - the spiral doesn't work for me.

Agree it's nice to see another really limited model, and hopefully it's good for some customers of the boutique.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
    I prefer the dial of the New York GS9 Special Edition...

I do like this model but I think it'd look much better without the ring around the edge of the dial.

Quote Originally Posted by LondonNeil View Post
    Does the Seiko boutique in Knightsbridge still exist and does it still do the full Seiko, GS, credor ranges? And is the new bond st boutique GS only?
    Both stores will run in parallel for a short period, before Knightsbridge closes.

New Bond Street will stock both Seiko and GS.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I might have a new GS Asakage incoming so will try them for a new strap

Craftsman
    38.5mm and 10.2mm are great for a spring drive. My snowflake is quite a bit thicker than that.

Nice dial. If you like Artex swirls

It looks not too bad but it's not the most legible watch I've seen.

Master
    Sooo beautiful

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

I think a wise move from Knightsbridge. Although I enjoy a walk that way from Victoria through Sloane Square, it's probably better in a more central Bond St location.

Master
    Very nice! I wish GS would get on the 20mm band wagon instead of the 19 that they seem to love using.

Quote Originally Posted by OldHooky View Post
    Nice dial. If you like Artex swirls
    Yeah, not keen on that one either.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiserphoenix View Post
    Very nice! I wish GS would get on the 20mm band wagon instead of the 19 that they seem to love using.
    It is a frustration. It seems to be down to the cases, and the relative proportion that the strap needs to be to be 'properly' sized to the case. The Snowflake is 20mm, but many others seem to be 19mm.
    Initially it's a frustration, but once I owned 2 or 3 19mm straps and could swap among them, it's less annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    I think a wise move from Knightsbridge. Although I enjoy a walk that way from Victoria through Sloane Square, it's probably better in a more central Bond St location.
    I do as well. The Knightsbridge boutique is actually quite small and as bizarre as this might sound, as a regular visitor to London, Knightsbridge seems to be getting very downtrodden. The buildings around the GS boutique seem to be constantly having work done, there's a 'dire' Starbucks almost opposite and a Sainsburys local not far away either. Great for daily shoppers or workers but not for a watch boutique. Contrast that with Bond St which despite being as busy, seems to have a far nicer feel about it, possibly due to all the more expensive brand shops in the area. To an 'out of towner', the Bond St area also seems to be 'watch central'.

I don’t know about downtrodden but the Knightsbridge boutique wasn’t particularly impressive and you could practically walk past without knowing it was there. The new location looks the part. Looking forward to visiting.

Master
    Can’t get past the price (and inevitable big hit on paper value) compared to what else is out there for the same.

Agree the price on GS have surged

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app